Onyx L. Flowers-Russell
email@example.com 910-***-**** LinkedIn
Dedicated, accomplished Clinical Research Professional and Pharmacist with a broad spectrum of knowledge in pharmaceuticals, research, and operations management. Engaging presenter and skilled written communicator. Outstanding leadership abilities and well-known for proven strategic management skills that enhance productivity and drive sustained organizational performance. Professional Experience
Cape Fear Valley Health, Fayetteville, North Carolina 06/2019 – Present Volunteer (Oncology/Discharge Lobby)
• Ensure proper screening, and eligibility of patients.
• Adhere to SOP regulations with regards to dissemination of patient adjunct aids. Grifols-Talecris, Fayetteville, North Carolina 11/2018 – Present Phlebotomist
• Ensure proper identification, signature of consent and appropriate medical documentation for each donor.
• Responsible for collection of blood samples from donors.
• Determine the best vein puncture for drawing blood depending on the specific donor.
• Transport all specimens to plasma processing.
• Accurately document all adverse effects and serious adverse effects experienced by donors during the plasma process.
CCRP LLC 04/2019 – 06/2019
Clinical Research Professional
• ICH GCP Certification
• Quality Monitoring Certification
• Regulatory Training Certification
• Subject Recruitment and Compliance Certification
• Misconduct and Fraud Certification
• Writing Quality Monitoring Reports & Follow Up Certification CMC Mercy Hospital, Charolotte, North Carolina 03/2019 – 04/2019 Pharmacy Technician (Volunteer)
• Documented recalled inventory for proper retrieval and disposal.
• Assisted with communication between the patient and insurance companies, doctors, nurses, and labs.
• Maintained current notes and paperwork related to the patient’s drug therapy and pharmacy care plan.
Onyx L. Flowers-Russell • Page 2
• Performed checks of pharmaceutical stock to assess inventory level; placing orders; removing outdated drugs.
The National Insurance Board of The Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas 10/2012 – 2/2016 and 9/2017 – 11/2018 Senior Manager, Registered Pharmacist
• Delivered senior leadership to research, prepare, and manage the Plan's Formulary through ongoing reviews of pharmaceutical databases, consultations with pharmaceutical companies and health professionals to ensure quality drugs and cost control of the Plan.
• Administered the Drug Plan's budget which is approximately $16M annually.
• Supervised, evaluated, and assisted other pharmacists with duties and projects as required.
• Prepared quarterly and annual data on dispensing and utilization of Formulary items to facilitate timely negotiations and procurement of participating pharmacies.
• Evaluated, approved, and entered manual claim forms submitted from both public and private participating pharmacies. Coordinated and lead team involving officers from the Drug Plan, Public Hospitals Authority (PMH), Department of Public Health (PMH), Bahamas National Drug Agency, as well as Pharmacy Council when necessary in conducting annual and other special audits of dispensing activities of pharmacies to ensure compliance with Plan's rules and to deter fraud and abuse.
• Established and maintained relationships with Bahamas Pharmacy Council, Bahamas Pharmacy Association, Department of Public Health, Medical Association of The Bahamas, Bahamas Medical Council for coordination and facilitation of educational activities; and collaboration and sharing of pertinent information.
• Developed and participated in public awareness activities, health care professional conferences, continuing education activities, and other public relations events as needed to promote the services of the Drug Plan.
• Organized and facilitated meetings of Strategic Planning and Evaluation Committee (S.P.E.C.) and The Benefits and Review Tender Panel (B.E.R.T) for changes and updates to the Formulary of Drug and Related Items for The National Prescription Drug Plan (NPDP).
• Collated and classified Plan data on drug prescribing, dispensing and utilization to assist public health officials in defining or intensifying national policies and programs aimed at controlling chronic diseases.
• Vetted responses to queries inclusive of on-call queries, complaints and comments from health professionals, pharmacists, Plan members, and the public in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
• Prepared for and participated in negotiations with suppliers of Drug Plan items to ensure contracts provide the best available value for money in terms of products, timely supplies, and provisions for redress in case of faulty or returned products.
• Oversaw the Tender implementation process that includes vetting Good Manufacturing Practicing
(GMP) Certifications, and ensure that manufacturers were compliant with regulations in the country of manufacture.
The University of The Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas 1/2017 – 11/2018 Adjunct Professor
Onyx L. Flowers-Russell • Page 3
• Taught courses on Pharmaceutics Theory, Pharmaceutics Lab, Pharmacy Calculations, Clinical Pharmacy
& Therapeutics, and Dispensing.
• Created and implemented complete curriculums by employing a variety of current and innovative teaching strategies to motivate, inspire, and encourage student-centered learning.
• Designed units to maximize available technology and resources available. Doctors Hospital (JCI Accredited), Nassau, Bahamas 1/2016 – 9/2017 Registered Pharmacist
• Delivered leadership to coordinate the daily operations within the pharmacy to ensure proper medication dispersal and to make certain that customer drug-related questions/concerns and other problems were appropriately addressed and resolved quickly. Swiftly worked to verify orders in a fast- paced environment.
• Demonstrated a thorough understanding of inventory control procedures.
• Trained and oversaw technicians and other pharmacists to thoroughly understand pharmacy software system and the unique workflow of the location.
• Continually worked to analyze clinic performance metrics for opportunities to implement efficiency improvements and to optimize quality of care.
Certified Phlebotomist (6/2017-11/2018) Bonaventure Medical Laboratory, Nassau Bahamas Registered Pharmacist (5/2012 – 5/2013) Department of Public Health, Nassau, Bahamas Certified Pharmacist Technician (8/2005 – 2/2008) Lowe’s Pharmacy, Nassau, Bahamas Onyx L. Flowers-Russell • Page 4
Education and Credentials
(All College Degrees have been verified by Educational Credential Evaluators and found to be equivalent to the corresponding US Degree) Doctor of Pharmacy (2016) Dean’s List
University of Technology - Kingston, Jamaica
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (2012) Dean’s List University of Technology – Kingston, Jamaica
Associates in Science in Biology & Chemistry (2008) The College of The Bahamas – Nassau, Bahamas
Licensure & Certifications
Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP, LLC) ICH/GCP Certification (CCRP, LLC)
Protecting Human Research Participants Certification (PHRP) Licensed Pharmacist in The Bahamas (BPC)
Certified Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Phlebotomist, American Medical Technologist (AMT) First Aid Certified, AED, & CPR – American Heart Association (AHA) Technical proficiencies
Windows and Mac OS; Adobe, Adobe Flash, SPSS, MS Office Suite Professional Associations
Bahamas Urban Youth Development Center, 2015 – Present Bahamas Pharmaceutical Association, Chaplain, 2014 – 2017 Adelaide Seventh Day Adventist Church, Communications Officer, 2014 – 2017 U-Tech Students Union, Health Coordinator, 2011 – 2012 Red Cross, 1999-2006
Cape Fear Valley Hospital (Fayetteville, NC) – Volunteer, 2019 CMC Mercy Hospital (Charlotte, NC) – Volunteer Pharmacy Technician, 2019 Bahamas Children’s Emergency Hostel, 2012 - 2018: Quasi-government short-term residential childcare facility that houses children between the ages of 12 months and 12 years. Department of Public Health, 2012 - 2013: Focused on the decentralization of HIV/AIDS services in the Bahamas.
Onyx L. Flowers-Russell • Page 5
Flamingo Gardens Community Medical Clinic (Pharmacy), 2008 - 2013 St. Barnabas Center, 2006 - 2010: Providing individuals with services (crisis assistance, food program, health services) to help them overcome crisis and achieve independence. Bethel’s Brothers Morticians and Crematorium, 2008 - 2009 Research Projects
1. Research Supervisor at Princess Margaret Hospital, Nassau, Bahamas. “Job Satisfaction of Clinical Pharmacists in the Public and Private Sector in New Providence, Bahamas.” 2018. 2. Research Supervisor at Princess Margaret Hospital, Nassau, Bahamas. “How Diabetic Patients interpret Labels on their Anti-diabetic Medication in New Providence, Bahamas.” 2018. 3. Lead Researcher at Princess Margaret Hospital, Nassau, Bahamas. “An Evaluation of Medication Adherence and Self-Management Techniques in Patients with Epilepsy at The Princess Margaret Hospital in Nassau, Bahamas.” 5/2014 – 6/2016.
4. Research Assistant at Bellevue Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica. “Prevalence of New Onset Obesity and Diabetes Mellitus in users of Atypical Antipsychotics at the Bellevue Hospital, Jamaica.” 8/2016. Publications
1. “An Evaluation of Medication Adherence and Self-Management Techniques in Patients with Epilepsy at The Princess Margaret Hospital in Nassau, Bahamas.” 07/2019. Presentations
1. Bahamas Pharmacy Association, Nassau, Bahamas. ““Raising the Consultation Scope for Pharmacists & Technicians.” 05/2018.
2. Bahamas Pharmacy Association, Nassau, Bahamas. “Epidemiology and Viral Outbreak Recording – The Role of the Pharmacist.” 11/2017.
3. Public Hospitals Authority, Nassau, Bahamas. “A Pharmacist Opportunity to Intervene...Cold and Flu Therapies During Winter” 2/2017.
4. The Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, Bahamas. “Rhinosinusitis Treatment Approaches in Adults.” 1/2017.
5. Public Hospitals Authority, Nassau, Bahamas. “The National Prescription Drug Plan – An Overview of Policies & Procedures.” 1/2015.