Technically inclined, systematic, and goal-oriented professional, offering 6 years of comprehensive experience in database management, technology/system infrastructure, strategic planning and analysis, and performance tuning. Armed with solid reputation for driving corporate improvement and creating long-term value by tracking program milestones and deliverables; and initiating improvement efforts. Expert at automatic storage management, database configuration and migration, and system infrastructure development. Known for recommending innovative solutions and alternatives to address identified areas for improvement and arising technical problems. Bilingual in English and French.
Quality Control and Assurance
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
Cross-functional Leadership and Collaboration
• Experience with creation and monitoring of sql serverdatabase.
• Experience in troubleshooting Oracle network, RMAN, Recovery Catalog, and Performance Tuning of database by optimizing SQL and PL/SQL codes and instance. Used ASH, AWR report, ADDM, explain plan and SQLTuning advisor.
• Excellent experience in installation, setup and configuration of Oracle 10g and 11g in and12c HP-UX, Sun Solaris, and UNIX/Linux environment.
• Proficient at performing major Database Release Upgrade (manually as well as using DBUA) along with applying various PSU patches using OPatch for10g 11g 12c databases.
• Adept at routine Database Administration tasks including automated monitoring, creation and replication of databases, management of tablespaces, logs, grants, roles, users, indexes.
• Working experience in database cloning, database backup, recovery procedures and security.
• Experience in application Support, SQL Loader, Data pump, Data Guard, Fine Grain Auditing (FGA), performing Flashback, transportable tablespaces,GoldenGate.
• Worked on TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) 12C KeyStore on Tablespace/Columns Master encryption, data masking, and data redaction.
• Experience in designing and configuring high-availability systems using DATAGUARD with physical standby. Effectively used DATAGUARD BROKERutility.
• Exposure on Exadata machine to optimize system performance.
• Hands on experience in installation and maintenance of enterprise manager 12c and Grid Control 11g and addition of targets for database Monitoring/Performance/Diagnostics purposes.
• Installation, upgrade and patching on Oracle 11g/12C databases on Linux platforms.
• Implemented and maintained 12c multitenant architecture using container and pluggable databases and performed conversion of non-container databases to pluggable databases.
• Experience in Performance Tuning tuned various large critical OLTP databases using various tools like AWR, ASH, SQL ACCESS ADVISOR, SQL TUNING ADVISOR, ADDM, and Explain Plan Utilities.
• Experience in the management and implementation of database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, database scripts, to support a robust data management infrastructure.
• Adept at installation of OEM Database Control, OEM grid control and Deploying Agents.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Oracle Database features such as RMAN for backup and recovery, Materialized Views, Export/Import, Data Pump and Data Guard. Working knowledge of Auditing and Database Security.
• Experienced in Designing, Installing, Configuring and Maintaining Real Application Cluster (RAC) for real time replication and high avaibility, OCFS, Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and SRVCTL utility.
Continuous Growth and Improvement
Patch Installation and Administration
Database Development and Migration
Luxottica – Mason, OH
Oracle Database Administrator: 2016–Present
Perform upgrade, maintenance, and interim patches on all databases; and automated data replication process through materialized views for reporting database.
Create Oracle standby databases in Active Data Guard for real-time replication and normal Data Guard for disaster recovery and BCP clone purposes.
Worked on databases running on E- Business Suit application, PeopleSoft finance, and customer application too
Install 12C OEM; Oracle 11g and 12c to support internal production and test environments; Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM; and Oracle golden gate on RHEL, including setup of table-level and DDL replication.
Capitalize on strong technical skills in accomplishing the following duties:
-Configuration of Oracle Golden Gate on Oracle 11g databases for data replication and monitoring in Grid Control;
-Experience with HVR replication software to replicate data across heterogenous environment,
-Configuration and self study knowledge on HVR software administration (different methods of refresh), and terminology (channel; location; hub database).
-Exposure on to Exadata machine for high performance
-Development, configuration, and setup of RMAN catalog databases;
-Execution of replication process and performance tuning through Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM);
-Creation of PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle functions, and UNIX shell scripts;
-Installation, setup, and development of four-node cluster RAC with Oracle 18.104.22.168 database using GRID infrastructure with ASM file systems on RHEL 5.5.
Keenly assess Oracle 11gR2 Golden Gate for future purposes focused on minimizing the complexity in Oracle Streams.
More than 2 years experiences and solid hands-on experiences in installation, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting Oracle Golden Gate in Oracle to Oracle homogeneous environments and heterogeneous environments (including Oracle to Oracle and Oracle to sql Server).
Initiate and implement the following technologies in fulfilling necessary tasks:
-ASM on RAC and standalone databases;
-Data Guard to conceptualize logical and physical standby database in 11g RAC environment for production database;
-Proactive monitoring through tuning/diagnostics pack and Statspack, SQL trace, TKPROF, and EXPLAIN PLAN;
-Switchovers on primary and standby database for planned maintenance activities; and
-Data pump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g and 10g for the reengineering of databases, schemas, and tables for performance improvement.
Maintain Oracle 11gR2 Real Application Cluster (RAC) Database for high availability, scalability, and performance by identifying the best cluster architecture and selecting hardware configuration.
Closely coordinate with the team in supporting database administration and modifying business applications/requirements.
Conduct database backup and recovery using recovery manager tool; database flashback using guaranteed restore point (GRP); and export and import for objective restoration at the database level.
Upgrade RAC and standalone databases from 11g (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) 12c to enhance database performance.
Utilize import/export utilities for cloning or migration of small-sized databases; data pump import/export in transferring data between 10g/11g environments; and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g Grid Control to monitor multiple database and notification of database alerts and configure EM agents on multiple database servers.
Worked on Production Server’s Amazon Cloud (EC2, EBS, RDS, S3).
Developed application engine programs to automate test cases and gather job run statuses in a single source for further analysis.
Analyzed causes of failures of queries, reports, application programs and SQRs identified during the testing phase and modified the failed programs.
Provided go-live production support to resolve issues identified by users.
Expose to sql server in a Golden gate project for real time replication and high avaibility.
Working knowledge on Exadata machine for high and fast query performance.
Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects
Integration of Exadata monitoring and escalation into existing IT monitoring and actionable events solutions.
Conducted analysis and feasibility studies for development of Oracle Exadata solutions.
Developed strategies for disaster recovery services of all database machines along with advisory services
Succeeded in improving the security and functionality of the database by applying relational database management system (RDBMS) patches.
Cummins – Columbus. IN
Oracle Database Administrator: 2013–2016
Restructured indexes and tables to optimize database performance.
have Experience in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using PL/SQL
Created Oracle MAA physical/logical standby and TAR/SR with Oracle Support, including configuration of data guard broker for high availability and disaster recovery purpose.
Recorded and implemented standard processes to ensure compliance of all staff.
Deployed enterprise database on storage solutions through storage area network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS).
Worked with network team on java script and IP for network configuration
Facilitated system monitoring and database performance turning.
Promptly addressed and responded to technical and various performance tuning issues.
Knowledge of CCAR, the comprehensive capital analysis and review exercise.
Worked on databases running on E- Business Suit application, PeopleSoft finance, and customer application too.
Streamlined indexes for better performance; and refreshed test, development, quality, training and sandbox environment from production.
United States Navy
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
University of Dschang, Dschang, Cameroon
Oracle Certified Associate 12C
Certified Scrum Master
Oracle (11g, 10g, 12c)
Oracle Database Tools (SQL*Loader, TKPROF, Toad, OEM, Toad, TKPROF, Putty, SQL DEVELOPER, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL, Developer, Grid Control)
Solaris 10/9 Sun Sparc RHEL 5.X/4.X OEL
HP UX 11i Windows 2010/2012 Server