Employment Objective - Challenging engineering employment emphasizing my technical, organization, and communication skills. Education:
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. Graduated with BS in Mechanical Engineering and Physics in May 1994. Member of the U.C. Berkeley College of Engineering Academic Honor Roll entire tenure in school. Relevant Experience:
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Cybor Corp., San Jose, CA 05/98 – 11/98
• Designed and built a chemical cabinet to distribute a copper in sulfuric acid solution, boost pressure to 60 psi at 20 gpm, control temperature at 20 1 C, and filter to 0.5μ for the silicon wafer fabrication industry.
• Designed a water heating module to heat deionized water to 70 C at 5 gpm with less than 10 psi pressure drop. MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Adaptive Systems, San Jose, CA 03/97 – 05/98
• Designed and supervised the production of fourteen lines of burn-in systems for the integrated circuit testing industry.
• Standardized existing designs and created and organized the associated drawings and bills of materials, decreasing the total number of mechanical parts by 30% and the cost of those parts by 20%, an annual savings of over $30,000.
• Developed an inventory control system to streamline the ordering, receiving, inspection, stocking, and release of parts.
• Authored procedures and flowcharts to define project process control, from point of sale through shipment. MECHANICAL ENGINEER: BECO Manufacturing Co., Inc., Laguna Hills, CA 01/95 – 04/96
• Designed and managed the production of plastic valves for the silicon wafer fabrication industry, including manifolds, pressure regulators, air cylinders, stopcocks, and diaphragm, pressure relief, metering, in-line, check, and ball valves.
• Designed and managed the production of a line of Teflon reciprocating pumps and cleanroom plumbing systems.
• Developed an extensive database of parts, assemblies, and tooling to enable search and retrieval of drawings and to eliminate duplication of design and production efforts. ASSOCIATE ENGINEER: ERG Materials and Aerospace Corp., Oakland, CA 06/92 – 06/94
• Researched and characterized advanced composite materials for mechanical, heat transfer, and filtration applications.
• Characterized Duocel aluminum foam brazed composite sandwich panels for stiff, lightweight optical mirrors.
• Designed and supervised the prototyping and production of aerospace and industrial components to customer specifications. For example:
Designed a 100,000 rpm SiC ceramic matrix composite shaft for a Rotoflow manufacturing process. Manufactured a cross-flow heat exchanger for a Rocky Research experiment. Designed a phase change heat sink for a Deutsche Aerospace rocket nozzle. Designed and prototyped an underwater shock wave attenuator for a Raytheon pressure vessel. Assisted in the production and testing of the Long Life cryogenic optics cooler for the Lockheed Spirit 3 satellite.
• Researched and tested low-VOC solvent replacements and alternative resin coating technologies.
• Investigated various coating technologies, including chemical vapor deposition, physical vapor deposition, sputtering, flame spray, alodine, anodize, electrolytic plating, and electroless (nickel) plating. Other Experience:
Self-Employed 4/99 – present
• Owner of White Glove Mobile Services (Auto detailing, window washing, and emergency cleaning services).
• Freelance artist, stagehand, and event production and promotion – 6 years.
• Catering and restaurant experience – 10 years.
• Notary Public and tutor.
Teacher: Public school districts in the Bay Area 10/15 – 03/19
• Taught science and math in middle schools.
Computer experience including AutoCad, database, spreadsheet, word processor, and finite element analysis. Training and experience in capabilities, safety, operation, and maintenance of many manufacturing machines.