MATTHEW DARREN LAUTEN
• A flexible supply chain professional with extensive experience in a variety of industries.
• Accomplished in procurement, planning, inventory control, and strategy delivering measurable results.
• Adept at supplier development and coordinating programs that benefit entire organization.
• Skilled at implementation of Lean transformation programs, resulting in measurable cost savings.
• Trained in automotive quality auditing; Tier 1 and 2 supplier experience, six sigma
• Demonstrated accomplishments resulting in significant improvement in throughput, delivery, and cost.
UTC (Kidde/Edwards) Mebane, NC 2018-2019
Kidde is a brand and division of United Technologies Corporation. It is a group of businesses that manufactures and distributes fire detection and suppression equipment, as well as smoke and CO alarm units.
Senior Supply Planning Manager
Responsible for management of 8 buyers coordinating all purchase activities for the commercial and retail segments of the business.
• Implemented Supplier Link for improved communication with vendors resulting in reduction of past due POs.
• Responsible for a total of $400M+ annual corporate spend.
• Reduced Past Dues POs by $8M in 5 months.
• Instituted and coordinated actions and activities to reduce inventory by $25M in 5 months.
• Maintained customer service with main retail customers to an average of 98+%.
Engineered Controls International (ECI) Elon, NC 2014-2018
ECI is a global specialty valve and controls supplier to industrial and alternative fuel markets.
Responsible for purchasing and sourcing activities with a department of 6 personnel.
• Improved inventory turns by 50% in two years
• Responsible for managing vendors of $60M+ in corporate spend.
• Consolidated two full plants with no decrease in customer service.
• Instituted changes in vendor base resulting in $1.5M savings in one year.
• Increase supplier performance by 30% in 18 months
Henniges Automotive Reidsville, NC 2013-2014
Henniges Automotive provides vehicle sealing and anti-vibration solutions for the global automotive industry.
Managed all receiving, production, and shipments of automotive products to multiple customers. Ensured world class customer service while improving operations and providing profitable returns.
• Directed a team of 40 direct and indirect employees.
• Improved inventory turns by 20% in one year
• Resolved opportunities balancing long term demand with manufacturing capacity constraints.
• Closed four programs resulting in little excess or obsolete inventory.
• Improved operational efficiency by 12 percent by utilizing lean techniques.
Techtronic Industries (TTI) - Outdoor Products Division Pickens, SC 2010-2013
TTI is a $3 billion global leader in consumer, professional, and industrial products marketed to the home improvement, repair, and construction industries.
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Managed critical materials and finished goods ensuring a world class level of customer service was achieved while maintaining lowest possible inventory investment and greatest operation efficiency.
• Directed a team of professionals to manage 20K SKUs, and approximately 300 FG models.
• Coordinated the supply chain implementation of 40-60 new models per season
• Developed programs to balance demand with long term capacity.
• Implemented programs that reduced $1.1 million of product deemed excess in 9 months.
• Managed 5 direct reports in Key Performance Indicators to meet corporate objectives for productivity, inventory, and on-time performance.
Sauer-Danfoss (North American Valves Division) Easley, SC 2006-2010
Sauer-Danfoss is a $2 billion global company that designs and manufactures engineered hydraulic, electric and electronic systems for use in mobile equipment.
Global Supply Chain Manager
Responsible for supply chain functions for the North American Valves division including supplier development, inventory management, and customer delivery initiatives.
• Increased and maintained supplier delivery performance from 80+% to 95+% within 1 year.
• Designed and executed programs to reduce inventory by over 50% ($10 million) within 2 years
• Consolidated a $25 million dollar facility within 6 months with little disruption in service to customers.
• Implemented various programs to encourage coordination between the lean initiatives of the facility and its supply base including consignment, and vendor managed inventory
• Member of a global team tasked with coordinating supplier deliveries to each Sauer-Danfoss facility.
Douglas Battery Manufacturing Company, Winston-Salem, NC 2000-2006
Corporate Materials Manager
Industrial Planning Manager
Other business professional experience
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) – APICS
• Six Sigma – Yellow Belt
• Awarded MBA from Appalachian State University Evening Program, Winston-Salem, NC
• Appalachian State University, Boone, NC (BS degree in Business Administration)
• Highly skilled in management ERP systems including JDE, SAP, QAD, and AS400.
• Proficient in the use of all Windows Office based applications
Supply chain, purchasing, procurement, planning, inventory control, logistics, operations, fulfillment, buyer, asset management, change management, continuous improvement, contract negotiation, cost reduction, customer service, demand planning, distribution management, just in time, JIT, Kanban, MRP, MRPII, ERP, materials planning, process improvement, project management, resource, risk management, six sigma, green belt, strategic planning, TQM, warehouse management, vendor management, outsourcing, saved, increased, reduced, improved