JEANNE MAYNARD email@example.com 404-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Senior Paralegal experienced in trademarks, corporate governance, real estate and contract administration
• Project manager of various due diligence and real estate projects
• Direct report to senior executive management; ability to interact with all levels of organization
• Proficient in prioritizing and managing a diverse and heavy workload effectively
• Superior research, communication and organizational skills SERTA SIMMONS BEDDING, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia 2012-present Senior Paralegal
Developed procedures for efficient trademark prosecution processes; realizing $300K+ annual savings in outside counsel fees. Reorganized Legal Department’s electronic filing system. Project managed real estate divestitures. Intellectual Property:
• Administrator of Company’s domestic and international trademark portfolio consisting of over 2500 trademarks.
• Overhauled major subsidiary’s trademark database consisting of 1600 domestic trademarks.
• Managed prosecution of international trademark portfolio including management of infringement matters.
• Managed domestic outside counsel and foreign associates in IP litigation and trademark prosecution.
• Produced intellectual property schedules as needed for board of director meetings and executive management.
• Managed trademark and corporate-related due diligence. Real Estate:
• Administrator of Company’s real estate portfolio trademark portfolio consisting of 40 owned and leased properties.
• Developed real estate document review and flow process between internal and external stakeholders.
• Review property leases, tenant estoppels and SNDAs and coordinate signature and dissemination of same.
• Managed real estate closings; drafted officer certificates and corporate resolutions; coordinated with all stakeholders.
• Project Manager of project involving ownership transfers of 25 properties in 20 states.
• Managed real estate documentation portion of due diligence projects for company refinancings. Contract Administration:
• Assisted in developing enhanced contract review process.
• Reviewed, drafted and revised confidentiality agreements and event contracts.
• Revised trademark schedules to licensing agreements.
• Reviewed Supply Agreements for compliance with insurance requirements. Corporate Governance:
• Drafted various consents and officer certificates as needed for various matters.
• Discovered inaccuracies in annual reporting process/worked with corporate counsel and registered agent to rectify.
• Managed registered agent relationship and annual reporting in all 50 states for multiple subsidiaries. MUELLER WATER PRODUCTS, INC., Atlanta, Georgia 2007–2012 Senior Paralegal
Senior Paralegal for publicly-traded (NYSE:MWA) parent company of water and gas infrastructure product manufacturers. Project manager for various finance-related due diligence projects. Developed and organized Legal Department systems. Initiated $250K annual cost savings. Managed online compliance training for 6000 employees. Corporate Governance/Securities:
• Prepared and filed all Company’s Section 16 filings, compiled related documentation and ensured timely filings.
• Obtained and maintained EDGAR filing codes for Company and Company’s Section 16 officers.
• Administered and maintained Beneficial Ownership and Stock Holdings information for directors and officers.
• Compiled stock vesting reports and informed Associate General Counsel of vesting dates and any action needed.
• Assisted Assistant General Counsel with reviews of 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statements and 8-K’s prior to filing.
• Prepared annual D&O Questionnaires for review and execution by Company directors and officers.
• Assisted with Company’s compliance with NYSE regulations. Corporate Maintenance:
• Maintained minute books for Company, Board of Directors, Board committees and 30 subsidiaries.
• Prepared various consents as needed for corporate actions.
• Initiated domestic corporate formations, mergers and dissolutions. Managed registered agent relationship.
• Managed outside counsel with regard to formation of international subsidiaries.
• Prepared and filed annual reports for Company and subsidiaries in over 40 states. Contract Administration:
• Initial Company contact person for preparation and review of confidentiality agreements.
• Reviewed various types of contracts for corporate office and Company subsidiaries.
• Drafted intellectual property licensing agreements.
• Administrator of company’s domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios.
• Initiated in-house administration of trademark portfolio realizing $250,000 per year cost savings. J. Maynard
ACUITY BRANDS, INC., Atlanta, Georgia 2005–2007
Senior Paralegal for $2 billion publicly-traded parent company (NYSE:AYI) of leading lighting manufacturers. Re-organization of department systems. Assisted in selection and configuration of department technology solutions. Legal Department Technology:
• Managed selection and configuration of e-billing and matter management solution.
• Developed solution for and managed re-configuration of file management database.
• Assisted in selection and configuration of web-based contract management solution. Contract Administration:
• Drafted contracts, licensing agreements and ancillary lease documents.
• Developed and authored extensive contract administration procedures manual.
• Drafted and reviewed confidentiality agreements and intellectual property licensing agreements. Intellectual Property:
• Administrator of company’s extensive domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios.
• Developed system for marketing departments to utilize regarding trademark application process. RUSSELL ATHLETIC CORPORATION, Atlanta, Georgia 2001–2005 Senior Paralegal
Initiated $300,000 reduction in legal fees. Trained/supervised corporate paralegal, trademark paralegal, patent paralegal and docket clerk positions. Selected to mentor CEO in Company’s Diversity Reverse Mentoring Program. Corporate/M&A:
• Initiated domestic formations and dissolutions; maintained minute books for 20 company subsidiaries.
• Reviewed 10-K’s, 10-Q’s and 8-K’s for correct trademark usage and proofread text for accuracy prior to filing.
• Managed compilation of and prepared information for Hart-Scott-Rodino filings.
• Managed due diligence processes related to M&A and financings. Intellectual Property:
• Administrator of Company’s domestic and international trademark portfolio consisting of over 3000 trademarks.
• Managed outside counsel and foreign associates in trademark matters.
• Performed due diligence processes for acquisition-related trademark portfolios. Labor and Employment:
• Investigated allegations of and prepared responses to EEOC charges filed against Company.
• Drafted severance and release agreements for Corporate office and all Company divisions. Litigation:
• Assisted outside counsel in all aspects of discovery.
• Reviewed complaints and assisted outside counsel in drafting company responses. Contract Administration:
• Reviewed certain contracts, leases and licensing agreements for execution.
• Reviewed and summarized licensing agreements during M&A related due diligence.
• Primary contact for dissemination of contracts for execution and retention. EDUCATION B.A., Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York SOFTWARE Director’s Desk, BoardLink, Microsoft Office, Section 16 Manager, Section16.net, DocuSign, Onit, Foundation IP and CPi (intellectual property software) COMMISSION Notary Public, State of Georgia