SPOTIFY, New York City, NY
Quality Assurance Manager/Quality Assurance Engineer, March 2012 - June 2018 Testing
• Routinely identified and corrected areas lacking test coverage (both automation and manual).
• Partnered with the infrastructure team and eliminated unnecessary/unstable E2E tests, converting those tests to integration tests.
• Created the foundation for the Spotify Test session which promotes testing the product in a holistic way and encourages examining the feature from a User Perspective.
• Conducted root cause analysis on issues within our products, reported these issues and drove them to closure.
• Tracked, managed, and escalated product/technical issues within JIRA.
• Educated Developers and involved stakeholders on how to become better Testers.
• Thrived in an Agile environment, often accepting the role of unofficial Scrum Master.
• Lead all phases of the Testing effort for Video Ads within the iOS and Android Mobile client.
• Created a comprehensive Test Plan and Test Strategy for the Spotify ‘Follow” feature(social networking). Establishing Best Practices
• Created best practices outlining QA principles for all teams within the organization.
• Prepared QA engineers for a transition into a CI/CD environment and encouraged developers to pair program/test with other QA Engineers.
• Organized team sessions focused on “pushing quality upstream”, including all stakeholders in the Process.
• Drove initiatives to visualize test case results on squad monitors and immediately act on any test case failures displayed.
• Actively participated in client-sync release meetings, discussed and strategized for potential issues.
• Spearheaded the movement and implemented guidelines for the Test Pyramid. Managing Engineers
• Proactively established a QA Hiring committee outlining the criteria for identifying exceptional candidates.
• Managed a team of QA Engineers/Developers with a focus on career development.
• Actively participated in Interview process for potential new hires.
• Trained, mentored and managed hired contractors within the Tribe.
• Scored 98% Approval Rating from team I managed (Internal Feedback survey)
• Managed engineering and quality assurance resources on multiple projects within the organization.
• Active member of Diversity and Inclusion team.
• Identified areas of personal development for all engineers through the organization, focused specifically on Influencing and Persuading as a compliment to solid technical skills. MICROSOFT, Hauppauge, NY
Quality Assurance Engineer/SDET October 2001-February 2012 Testing
• Trained and supervised a team in Beijing, China through a release of the Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.
• Central Point of contact for Engine Vendor relations with Kaspersky Anti-Virus Technologies, Sophos, Norman, NAI, Computer Associates.
• Coordinated the release of signature updates from our engine vendor partners.
• Main contact for Customer Virus submissions, responsible for verifying whether or not files were malicious.
• Created and updated Automation scripts, assisted in creating tools for automation.
• Investigated and fixed Automation test failures. Quality Assurance Lead with strong skills in leadership and project management delivering high quality products and overall customer satisfaction. Testing software, finding bugs and preventing future regressions through proven strategies is my expertise. I recently completed a six month intense Full Stack Software Development bootcamp in an effort to build my technical expertise.
908-***-**** email@example.com GitHub: mattlance99 LinkedIn TECHNICAL PROJECTS
Mockable Eighties Movies - Github Demo
A site that allows users to comment on ridiculous 80’s movie plot holes
• Managed Rails backend, React components, and fetch requests to implement full CRUD functionality.
• Implemented Redux store to manage state of the app, following conventions for use of connect, actions, and reducers.
• Created dynamic forms and filters using a combination of Redux store state and React local component state.
• Utilized thunk middleware for asynchronous Redux actions to fetch data from the backend. NFL Rankings - Github Demo
This CLI scrapes the USA Today Weekly NFL Rankings (https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/) and displays each team (32 teams) from highest ranked to lowest.
• Scraped USA Today website using Nokogiri to obtain up-to-date data.
• Create CLI using Ruby adhering to object oriented design principles Rails- real estate- Github Demo
New Jersey Shore Real Estate Agents can track their listings and customers.
• Constructed RESTful API with Ruby on Rails framework
• Implemented OAuth authentication with GitHub using OmniAuth
Flatiron School - April 2019
Tau Kappa Epsilon - President 1993 Rho Eta Chapter Soccer Player and former Coach
• Lead the testing effort for Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint.
• Provided oral presentations to the Test team about the subject of Scenario Focused Engineering. Scenario Focused Engineering is a concept in which the release of a Product is mostly driven by the satisfaction of the customer.
• Routinely strategized with Development and PM in both Long Island and Redmond for multiple product releases.
• Worked closely with Product Management and Development verifying that we had all aspects of the Localization effort covered.
• Certified Forefront Protection for Exchange through manual and automated tests.
• Certified Orbis Unum, an automated application that created multiple testing environments. ACTIVITIES