Sales & Marketing Manager
Strategic Market Planning / Product Management / Marketing and Sales Plans Pipeline Building and Revenue Generation / Account Management / Team Leadership Highly experienced Sales Professional with proven expertise gained through 16 years of consultative sales and account development, combined with strong experience in marketing in the pharmaceutical industry. Consistent track record of exceeding sales quotas and partner development goals and objectives. Direct experience developing marketing and branding programs and materials. Skilled communicator, with proven ability to deliver training and coaching to staff. Fluent in written and spoken English and Korean. Available to travel and relocate. Areas of Expertise:
• New Business Development
• Product Cycle Management
• Proposal and Contract Development
• International Accounts
• Business Analytics
• Customer Relationship Management
• Competitive and Market Analysis
• Brand Positioning
• Technical and Sales Training
• Staff Development and Mentoring
Merck Sharp & Dohme – Seoul, Korea
Sales Manager (2005 to Present)
Oversee sales and marketing efforts for one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. Orchestrate strategic planning, sales, and account development efforts to achieve and surpass challenging sales goals. Develop sales strategies and plans. Prospect for new business, and connect with customer groups including physicians, pharmacists, and staff in varied medical facilities including large hospitals. Plan and deliver presentations, seminars, and lectures to present a value proposition to key decision makers, and secure new accounts. Engage in extensive competitive and market research.
• Achieved 700% revenue increase over 10 years, and grow customer base by an average of 50% each year; effectively manage 150-200 accounts across 60 hospitals to grow sales channels.
• Delivered 15% average annual sales increase for Singulair (Asthma, Allergy Rhinitis), Fosamax (Osteoporosis), Livial
(menopause); maintained 30% Market Share, far exceeding the market average of 40%.
• Selected to develop and implement marketing plans for 2 year-long assignment in the Marketing Department; engaged with 30% of targeted customer groups and achieved 70% growth in sales.
• Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop and implement marketing strategies; designed marketing materials presenting product information to customer and media groups.
• Chosen to train for five years’ employees in weekly sessions and workshops on topics including customer and channel management; successful training programs resulted in improved team performance and product knowledge.
• Successfully launched Vaccine products - GARDASIL® 9 (Human Papillomavirus), RotaTeq® (Rotavirus Vaccine), ZOSTAVAX® (Zoster Vaccine Live), PRODIAX-23 (Pneumococcal Vaccine)
• Two-year Marketing assignment for Rx intention to Respiratory & antidepressant business
• Exposure to Multi-Channel Marketing
• Fully apply Merck Marketing & Philip Kotker Marketing Management for all Pharmaceutical products
• Took a course to become a marketing manager, sales manager, business unit manager. etc in LinkedIn learning Sehyeon Lee
Jeil Medical Corporation – Seoul, Korea
Medical Representative (2002 to 2005)
Delivered exceptional results for this leading provider of pharmaceutical products. Promoted and sold 50+ medical products across cardiology, antibiotic, cancer, and other markets. Initiated contact and built relationships with decision makers in hospitals and other medical facilities. Presented products, addressed questions and concerns, and secured accounts.
• Achieved significant revenue growth by growing high-value accounts and implementing effective marketing and sales strategies.
Additional Professional Experience
Team Leader, South Korean Military Service: Delivered leadership for large teams to achieve organizational objectives. Completed extensive training and simulation exercises with international coalition. Education and Certification
Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) Singapore Management University (2018-2019) - Singapore Corporate Social Responsibility
Strategic Initiative Project
Financial Reporting & Analysis
Political Economy: Global & Regional
Strategic Marketing Management
Leading in a Global Environment
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Corporate Governance & Ethics
Executing Strategy (Leadership, Talent, Culture, Structure) Innovation and Growth Management
Raising Capital & Resource Management
Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Chinese Economy/Agile and Disruptive Strategy/ Contemporary Issues in Asian Business
Guanghua School of Management, Peking University (2019) – Beijing, China Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Corporate Strategy/Human Capital University of Pennsylvania Wharton School (2018) – Pennsylvania, USA Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Inside India/Network and Allowance Building Indian School of Business (2018) – Hyderabad, India Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
Hongik University (2003) – Seoul, South Korea
Participated in government research project focused on molecular analysis English Language Certification
TAFE NSW (2001) – Sydney, Australia