email@example.com 847-***-**** http://www.linkedin.com/in/briantest SENIOR MANAGER / ANALYST
Improve Customer and Supply Chain Integrations Use Technology to Generate Revenue and Cost Savings Collaborative solutions provider who leverages strengths in integrations, process improvements, and B2B full order-cycle processing to enhance customer experience and create competitive advantages that improve organization’s top and bottom lines. Subject matter expert in the movement of data and files between applications and partners. Loyal professional who is repeatedly recognized for exceptional service in delivering high-value projects and increasing company’s profitability.
Areas of expertise include:
• Managing teams, processes, projects, and B2B/EDI/XML integrations
• Promoting continual process improvements
• Discovering opportunities that lower operational expenses and increase revenue
• Reducing operational support by using exceptional error-handling management techniques
• Fostering positive relationships across IT and business teams to accomplish impactful goals PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Performance Health, Inc. (Previously known as Patterson Medical, Inc.) Warrenville, IL 2016 - 2019 Senior Manager – Information Technologies 2016 to 2019
• Managed team of five that was responsible for technical and business functions for B2B integrations, order fulfillment, and customer master within NetSuite ERP.
• Primarily acted as a hands-on analyst across OTC, PTP, and 3PL NetSuite processes for North America and Europe offices.
• Directed third-party providers for EDI and PunchOut processes using iPaaS solutions.
• Performed assessments for robotic process automation on customer service functions to reduce manual labor efforts.
• Managed internal and external customer relationships and expectations by providing continual feedback and updates to requestors.
• Collaborated across functional teams to reduce manual efforts, improve application performance, and reduce costs.
• Managed incidences and outages with third party providers, developed standard operating procedures to respond to outages, and conducted post-mortem reviews.
• In 2017, migrated EDI processes off AS400 legacy application and utilized third-party provider as EDI service provider for ERP migration to NetSuite.
• Provided idea, garnered buy-in, and drove changes to the order process that decreased order holds by 61%. Now, 97% of EDI orders are processed the same day as received and resources reduced from eight to one.
• In 2018, migrated EDI processes off third-party provider onto Boomi iPaaS and on-prem applications resulting in reducing third-party spend by $290k per year.
• Collaborated with project teammates to design and migrate EDI processes onto Dell Boomi connecting to NetSuite ERP. Integrated customers, suppliers and Performance Health 3PL (Kuehne and Nagle). The designed processes are suited well to position Performance Health for mergers and acquisitions.
• Deployed and manage processes for Performance Health UK and France locations utilizing a service provider for Europe integrations.
• Renegotiated new service contracts and saved Performance Health $165k per year. TriMark, Inc. Mansfield, Ma 2015 - 2016
Senior Business Analyst - Information Technologies 2015 to 2016
• Gathered business requirements from functional teams to create technical requirements for new ERP functionality within JD Edwards application for sales order entry, Point-of-Sale, CRM, credit card processing, and eCommerce.
• Used request for proposals (RFPs) and scorecards to aide in the selection of recommended service providers and applications interfacing with JD Edwards.
• Created project requirement template for the project team that was used to capture business requirements.
• Conducted PCI assessments across company sites to ensure data security across networks, applications and processes.
Office Depot, Inc. (Previously known as OfficeMax, Inc.) Naperville, IL 2006 – 2014 Senior Manager – Information Technologies 2013 to 2014 Senior Business Analyst – Information Technologies 2008 to 2013 Business Analyst – Information Technologies 2006 to 2008
• In 2008, promoted to Senior Business Analyst to manage the day-to-day operations of the EDI/B2B Integration team responsible for customer-facing EDI and XML processes. Promoted to title of Senior Manager in 2013.
• Managed EDI/B2B Development team which consisted of 5 employees, 3 on-site contractors, and an extendable offshore flex-model of an additional 10 to 16 resources with a typical workload of 80 projects running simultaneously.
• Accountable for customer-facing processes which generated revenue of $1.2B per year across 2400+ integrations.
• In charge of company’s EDI supply chain processes and support for OfficeMax’s 1200+ EDI vendors that interfaced with SAP and AS400 applications.
• Responsible for directing and providing hands-on support of production applications and delivering resolutions to production problems within set Service Level Agreement timeframes.
• Completed request for proposals (RFPs) for customers to evaluate OfficeMax service levels and security.
• Promoted continual process improvement methodology to eliminate recurring issues and integration improvements.
• Segregated duties and performed quarterly audits to comply with SOX requirements.
• Led process enhancement meetings and was utilized as a subject matter expert.
• Gathered requirements, designed, developed, tested, and deployed application maps/services.
• Integrated customers, vendors, carriers, and benefit providers onto EDI processing.
• Managed the change request process for enhancing services and processes utilizing Remedy to track work.
• Collaborated with business, IT, and project team leaders in determining project requirements, design, cost, resource planning, timelines, test script creation, testing, deployment, and post-production support.
• Presented project design and project readiness to the Solution Review Board committee for approval.
• Utilized as liaison between IT, business teams, and third-party service providers.
• Managed $2M operating budget within plan.
• Added $173.1M in recurring annual revenue through guiding framework improvements that allow greater integration flexibility and accommodated custom workflows not offered by the competition that enable competitive advantages in winning new business.
• Added revenue of $41.8M that would not have otherwise been realized by managing integration improvements resulting in decreased ‘time-to-market’ from 61 to 32 days.
• Led SDLC projects and acted as subject matter expert in designing processes in support of company’s “Endless Aisle” strategies and increases to company’s top line growth.
• Cultivated partnerships with business stakeholders to define, design, and execute company’s drop-ship program with 120 suppliers resulting in the project being delivered on time and within budget. This project improved order- tracking functionality and reduced the timeframe for order-to-cash cycle.
• Led SDLC projects and utilized as subject matter expert in re-engineering and implementing logistics EDI and XML processes that provided a superior solution for tracking shipments. Integrated with 100+ carriers and used a service provider to interface with carriers that did not have EDI capabilities.
• Reduced time to address customer invoice issues from 90+ days to 3 days by originating and designing process that provided the Finance team greater visibility that ensured timely invoice deliveries to customers.
• Developed management tools to track projects, workload across teams, and productivity of the offshore consultants that helped establish metrics, service level agreements, and Key Performance Indicators.
• Took ownership and drove significant changes to five business critical processes for the SAP consolidation project by managing team’s development and coordinating 800+ vendors on new requirements.
• Built strong relationship with third-party provider to augment the vendor EDI integration process.
• Reduced the need for additional internal resources by leveraging third-party relationships to build a testing platform for vendors to test EDI requirements.
• Reduced vendor integration time from over 120 days to 58 days through developing integration guides and leading a cross-functional team to review test results for company’s legacy application processes.
• Led upgrade of the Retail EDI application to WebMethods 6.5 (2006) and again to 8.2 (2013).
• Wrote integration document for company’s 800+ vendors to establish new requirements on 5 critical business processes. Document kept vendors within compliance of company’s business processes.
• Diminished vendor support from 10 hours to 1.5 hours per week by leading error management improvements.
• Reduced expenses by $3.9M over five years by identifying and leading multiple cost savings initiatives. o Generated cost savings of $1.6M by presenting recommendations to upper management and negotiating Value Added Network (VAN) contracts. Added critical PCI security language that mitigated risk to company. o Saved $800,000 by recommending and introducing alternative Service Provider for drop-ship order visibility. o Reduced VAN charges by $205,000 per year by consolidating EDI communications to one VAN and establishing direct connections with targeted vendors. o Uncovered $143,000 in overbilling that resulted in a credit and corrected future billing. ACCO Brands, Inc. Lake Zurich, IL 1998 to 2006
Senior Business Analyst - Information Technologies 1998 to 2006
• Responsible for EDI application and processes that accounted for over $700M dollars in yearly revenue.
• Used request for proposals (RFPs) and scorecards to determine future state for EDI processing at ACCO.
• Supported order-to-cash processes in the EDI application, Oracle, and warehouse management applications.
• Acted as a subject matter expert to migrate EDI processes from a mainframe ERP to Oracle. EDUCATION
BBA FINANCE, EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, Ypsilanti, MI Programming and System Basics, KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM INSTITUTE, Skokie, IL TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATION PROFICIENCIES
Application Experience: NetSuite, SAP ECC 6.0, Oracle ERP, Dell Boomi, WebMethods (SoftwareAG), Inovis TLE, Remedy, Service Now, Clarity, HP Quality Center, Cognos, Toad, SharePoint, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
Communication Protocols: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, AS2
File Structures: EDI X12, cXML, flat files, PEPPOL, EDIFACT