MARLENE LYNCOOK, MBA, MA
OBJECTIVE: Dedicated Educator and Training Professional in Higher Education seeks next opportunity as an Academic Student Advisor and Counselor.
Extensive accomplishments in academic advisement and counseling, research, teaching, program development and student management. MS. Degree in Business Administration and a MA degree in Sociology.
Advised and counseled a minimum of six hundred students over the past five years and successfully increased overall degree completion rates from between 30% - 60%. Increased ranking of one academic program to #1 in the nation, for ten month consecutively. Passionate leader with proven track record in Adult Continuing Education. Recognized for effectiveness in program design, implementation and evaluation, training and development, relationship management, collaboration, mentoring and working with diverse audiences. My goal is to advice and counsel students, build self-sufficient teams and contribute to the mission of the organization.
Customer Service Assistant, Volunteer - Colonial Baptist Job Seekers Transition Group
Cary/Raleigh, NC. 2018 - 2019.
• Advise and counsel participants on weekly program offering and expectations.
• Set up and break down display and sign-in table.
• Register new participants direct them to job seekers resources.
• Welcome all attendees and direct them to refreshments and meeting rooms.
• Advise job seekers to report on job status at sign in for reporting purposes.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Div. of Vocational Rehabilitation/Dept. of Education, Private Provider
Gainesville, Ocala, and Lake City, FL. 2014 - 2018
•Coordinated vocational rehabilitation services for eligible persons with disabilities.
•Adhere to guidelines of the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Acts.
•Reviewed medical and psychological records used in the design of individual programs.
•Advised career changers on continuing education options.
•Provided professional guidance and counseling to program participants.
•Directed participants to community-based resources to further enhance their employability skills.
•Developed and delivered Career Workshops and seminars for program participants.
•Promoted community cultivation for program support.
Academic Manager, Fluor Corp., Gainesville Job Corps Center, Gainesville FL. 2010 – 2014
• Improved staff/student retention rates by creating a positive environment with enhanced
training and mentoring programs.
• Partnered with external academic entities, created and managed respective MOUs.
• Established and managed Academic Advisory Board for program support.
• Served on Santa Fe College Career Pathway Advisory Board.
• Administered curricula, testing, scheduling, department’s budget and program assessments.
• Directed the academic and vocational class scheduling functions on Center.
Director of Education, A+ Markem, Inc., Alachua Division, Gainesville, FL. 2009 – 2010
• Launched and directed academic program in over-14 Title I school in Alachua County.
• Hired, trained and supervised over 25 teachers for K-12 academic instruction and tutoring.
. Directed student management and counseling services.
• Monitored teachers’ licenses for compliance with State requirements.
• Managed the budget, prepared invoices, bi-weekly time reporting.
Licensed Real Estate Professional, Keller Williams Realty, Gainesville FL. 2005 – 2009
• Conducted comparative analyses of properties and attained competitive prices.
• Advised clients on market conditions. Made referrals for mortgages or legal advice, as needed.
• Represented clients in purchase and sale of properties, reviewed terms, prepared contracts.
• Promoted sale of properties with multiple listing service and advertisements.
Associate Director, Professional Development & Training, Division of Continuing Education,
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL . 2001 - 2005
• Administered daily operations of the Professional Training and Development to ensure
policies were adhered to and understood by faculty and staff in the dept.
•Developed, marketed and executed five new professional training programs.
•Hired, trained and supervised ten faculty and staff.
•Executed outstanding academic advisement and student services; empowered students.
•Developed publicity promotions – PSA’s, fliers, radio spots, and print media.
•Created four academic advisory boards to support associated certificate programs.
Adjunct Instructor, Adult Continuing Education & Department of Business,
Miami-Dade Community College, Kendall Campus, Miami, FL.
• Created and administered non-traditional, innovative business courses -- International marketing,
• Taught principles of contemporary business in the Business department.
• Directed student services to support students’ higher education and career goals.
• Organized community cultivation and informed students on community-based resources.
• Took initiative to plan and execute 10+ class visits to trade related agencies, -- the World Trade Center, Port
Authority, and International Airport to support classroom learning.
Master of Science in Business Administration, Florida International University,
College of Business, Miami, FL.
Master of Arts in Sociology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with Honors, Laurentian University, Ontario, Canada
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
Women’s Economic Stability Initiative Certificate, Core Coaching, Santa Fe College, FL.
Entrepreneurship/Startup Quest Certificate, University of Florida/Dept. of Labor
Licensed Real Estate Sales Professional, FL.
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
* Colonial Baptist Job Seekers Transition Group, Colonial Baptist, Cary/Raleigh, NC. 2018 - Ongoing.
ADULT CONTINUING EDUCATION – SPECIAL TOPICS
* Job Search Strategies for Professionals, Durham Technical College, 2018.
* Strength Finders Training, Durham Technical College, 2018.
* Linked In Training, Thomas More Site, Chapel Hill, 2018.
* Networking, Networking with Nate Brown, 2018.
Successfully completed Level II background screening for previous jobs.