Robert B. Saltzburg, MBA, CPA
Accomplished financial management executive skilled in effectively utilizing innovative solutions to improve business performance. Experienced in aligning resources to enhance productivity and maintain cost competitiveness. Driven results oriented, tested and adaptable team player.
• Achieved savings of 70bp per year FX cost. Reduced banking related expense by enhancing currency management.
• Developed a professional financial department including quick close and enhanced financial reporting.
• Achieved operating cost reductions of over 10% per year by recycling materials, hedging foreign currencies and enhancing shipping procedures.
• Financial Consultant working as interim CFO to support businesses in transition.
• Enhanced budgeting process and achieved first balanced budget for local non-profit.
• Implemented key system enhancements to increase productivity and quality. SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
Treasury Operations Cost Reduction and Containment
Risk Management Collaborative Leadership Continuous Process Improvement
Organization Transformation Program Management Vendor Contract Management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MYODERM, Norristown, PA May 2014 – Present
Global leader in sourcing, distribution and management of drugs and supplies for clinical trials, helping global clients manage their sourcing needs. A privately-held company with annual Sales >$130M, 68 employees and operating entities in the US, UK and Denmark. Controller
Developed and managed worldwide financial operations for closely-held clinical trial comparator and ancillary supply company.
• Organized and managed a team providing worldwide financial support including financial and governmental reporting, treasury operations, risk management and IT oversight.
• Managed VAT and overseas reporting tax requirements to reduce reliance on outside contractors while improving responsiveness internally to stakeholders and externally to governmental agencies.
• Managed US and Foreign banking relationships; enhanced cash flow using forecasting models. Utilized hedging that reduced margin loss due to currency fluctuations.
• Provided advice and counsel as senior finance officer on corporate leadership team. SALTZBURG CONSULTING, Lafayette Hill, PA 2011 – 2014 Financial consulting firm providing business, finance, accounting and operational advice and expertise to closely-held manufacturers, distributors and service providers.
Provided financial and business counsel to office, lab and educational furnishing company with revenue of $85M. Supported execution of corporate succession plan, update and roll-out of ESOP, IRS audit support, year-end financial presentations and budget development. Stewarded collection initiative from recently divested business unit.
• Optimized banking relationships to enhance cash flow utilizing forecasting models.
• Trusted consultant to closely-held businesses needing ad hoc financial management. Robert B. Saltzburg, MBA, CPA firstname.lastname@example.org 215-***-**** Page 2 FURNITURE IMPORTS, INC., Philadelphia, PA 1997 – 2011 Privately-held furniture import, manufacturer and distribution company with 25 employees and $5M in annual revenues. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (2003 – 2011) Managed all aspects of Treasury functions, Controllership, Human Resources, Risk Management and Technology Support. Oversaw inventory purchase contracts, pricing and logistics.
• Guided corporate vision and strategy development and implementation, including new products and complementary business lines.
• Implemented an integrated platform for production, marketing and distribution.
• Developed first foreign exchange hedging program resulting in 10% savings annually on inventory costs and mitigated currency exposure.
• Directed cardboard recycling program generating 15% annual savings.
• Streamlined financial reporting process and enhanced analytical resources saving time and audit fees.
• Implemented integrated information system including secure remote access, enhanced telecommunications networks and data access, providing 11.5% annual cost savings.
• Organized sourcing trips throughout Eastern Europe and Northern China. Controller (1997 - 2003)
Managed all aspects of Treasury and Controller functions. Directed corporate web presence.
• Reduced administrative contract and staff costs by 9% per year through restructuring and automated systems.
• Restructured cash flow management and projections ensuring improved return on invested capital. Managed
$3M bond portfolio.
• Introduced and maintained multiple banking relationships, increasing financial flexibility.
• Streamlined on-going enhancements resulting in savings of $10.5K in fees per year.
• Structured stock buy-back plan leading to orderly management succession. EARLY CAREER EXPERIENCE
ARCO CHEMICAL COMPANY, Newtown Square, PA 1988 – 1997 Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting Department (1996 – 1997) Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Analysis and Reporting Department (1995 – 1996) Coordinator ARCO Chemical Asia Pacific – Corp. FR&A Department (1993 –1995) Senior Analyst – Corporate Internal Controls Department (1988 –1993) SQUIBB CORPORATION, Princeton, NJ 1987 – 1988
Senior Auditor, Internal Audit Department
COOPERS & LYBRAND, Philadelphia, PA 1984 – 1987
Supervisor, Computer Audit Assistance Group (CAAG) Robert B. Saltzburg, MBA, CPA email@example.com 215-***-**** Page 3 EDUCATION
Masters of Business Administration, Villanova University, Villanova, PA Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Computer Systems Management, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Public Accountant, PA, Certificate Inactive AFFILIATIONS
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Vistage member for 5 years
Reform Congregation Keneseth Israel
Treasurer, 2016 – Present; Past Vice President; Past Chair, Budget Committee