Accomplished and results-driven professional with proven success leading large-scale programs and projects to drive achievement of core goals. Talent for motivating and mentoring cross-functional teams in fast-paced environments, ensuring consistent alignment with scope, schedule and requirements. Partner with senior leadership and key stakeholders to develop strategic plans and budgets in alignment with overarching objectives, regulatory requirements, and industry standards. Knowledge of Agile project management and PMBOK, Six Sigma, and ITIL-ITSM practices.
• PMI Project Management Methods
• Scope, Schedule & Budget Control
• KPI Definition, Tracking & Analysis
• Strategic Planning & Execution
• Stakeholder Communication
• Performance Evaluation
• Program Management & Oversight
• Multidisciplinary Team Leadership
• Regulatory & Industry Standards
Brightwood College (formerly TESST College of Technology), Beltsville, MD Academic Dean, 5/2014 to 12/2018
Oversaw academic programs, student services, and library operations to deliver high-quality education to students in diverse majors. Maximized utilization of faculty and facilities by preparing comprehensive quarterly master schedules. Developed high-performing, dedicated team of 39 faculty and program directors through effective recruitment, training, evaluation and retention (<2% turnover). Facilitated professional growth and development program, in-services, and team meetings.
• Drove full alignment with key performance indicators, internal policies, state board standards, ACICS accreditation requirements, resource levels, and budgets.
• Consistently met exam pass rate targets by championing continuous improvement to program quality by evaluating curricula against market requirements and best practices.
• Achieved high levels of retention (86% in 2018 and 84.75% in 2017), graduation (70%-88.24% in 2017/2018), and placement (72% in 2017/2018, 5% improvement vs. previous year).
• Spearheaded efforts to attract new students, increasing population from 300+ to 526 in four years while growing revenue to $7M in 2018, ranking as number three of 70 colleges under the Brightwood umbrella.
• Earned four Trifecta Awards and numerous Excellent Customer Service Awards. Corinthian Colleges/Everest College, Arlington, VA/Silver Spring, MD Academic Dean/Director of Student Services, 9/2009 to 1/2014 Directed academic programs, student services, registrar’s office, and related faculty and staff for multiple degree and diploma programs. Engaged regularly with faculty through classroom observations, evaluation, and counseling; collaborated on setting teaching schedules to balance workloads with institutional goals. Partnered with program directors to align advisory committee functions with accreditation standards. Selected, onboarded, and mentored 30 faculty with no turnover in five years; managed payroll and other personnel files. Organized eight graduation events.
• Provided astute fiscal oversight, including assisting with budget preparation and conducting regular cost and productivity analyses.
• Inspired faculty by boosting confidence in “Power of the Team” and triggered performance improvements through strategic enhancements, career advancement, and professional development opportunities.
• Enhanced outcomes by defining benchmarks, developing intervention plans for at-risk students, managing academic integrity and appeals processes, and determining program completion for graduation. Olga-Elena Lucanu
P a g e 2
• Successfully reintegrated ~16 dropped students per month, beating attrition rate by almost a full percentage point; closed fiscal year under 3.8%.
• Selected from 120 colleges as Outstanding Academic Dean in 2013. Kaplan Higher Education/TESST College of Technology, Beltsville, MD Director of Student Services/Evening Manager/Department Chair/Instructor, 7/2002 to 9/2009 Earned multiple promotions while fulfilling goal of providing high-quality education to diverse student population. Managed day-to-day operations and adherence to budget, policies, procedures, and standards; implemented changes to improve operational effectiveness. Supervised faculty and staff; facilitated evaluations, professional development, and retention. Prepared and submitted reports.
• Taught information technology course to more than 10,000 students over 10 years; courses included A+, Net+, and MCSE preparation, Microsoft Office, designing security, TCP/IP, network infrastructure, and other topics.
• Defined benchmarks, tracked key performance metrics, and identified at-risk students to initiate early intervention and turnaround.
• Increased student retention rates by developing strategic plans to meet budgeted goals while addressing individual student needs and challenges.
• Awarded Instructor of the Year in 2008 for TESST College and the state of Maryland. Prior experience as Leader Laboratory Manager with Kaplan Higher Education/TESST College of Technology and Customs Inspector with Custom Service of Romania.
Master of Science, Homeland Security (GPA 3.70/4.0) University Maryland University College, College Park, MD Master of Business Administration, Management (GPA 4.0/4.0) Bachelor of Science, Computer Networking (Hardware, Software, Design, Security) Strayer University, Takoma Park, MD
Microsoft Project 2013 Certification Exam Training (in progress) Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training (in progress) ITIL Foundation Certification, IT Service Management (in progress) Salesforce Administrator and Programmer using App Builder Tableau Qualified Associate
PMP Certification Exam Training
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Training
Cisco Networking Academy Program
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) Notary Public, State of Maryland
Project Management Institute (PMI), Southern Maryland Chapter & Washington, DC Chapter Salesforce Trailhead
Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
Alpha Chi National Honor Society
Alpha Sigma Lambada National Honor Society