David A. Gatti
P: 503-***-**** E: email@example.com
Finance Management professional with over thirty years of experience in food manufacturing. Possesses a refreshing combination of interpersonal skills with technical aptitudes and interests to help elevate the performance and morale of others, including direct managers, professional peers and those upon whom these people depend. An adaptable leader, yet principled and true to a strong ethical foundation, who places a premium on quality over expediency.
SKILLS / EXPERTISE: Full General Ledger responsibility in accordance with GAAP; Financial and Operational Reporting of Manufacturing Businesses; Enterprise Budgeting and Performance Reporting; Extensive experience with Inventory Costing, Planning and Management; Capital Project Budgeting and Administration; Extensive experience working directly with third-party and internal Financial Auditors; Business Systems Process Design and Management; Microsoft Office Suite, including VBA, with expertise in Excel and Access; ERP System Management, Integration, Optimization and Migration; Microsoft SQL Programming and DB Administration; experienced with numerous small business applications, such as SharePoint, Crystal Reports, BarTender, SQL Reporting Services, MP2
E X P E R I E N C E
KERR CONCENTRATES / INGREDION Salem, OR
Chief Financial Officer / Controller 2006 – 2018
Administered the growth of the company from a single location, with 54 employees and revenue of $32 million, to operations in 2 states, with 98 employees and revenue in excess of $70 million. Administered the successful sale of the company for a multiple exceeding 10 times EBITDA, including providing all business data and documentation required for the management presentations and due diligence process.
• Managed a small team responsible for all general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable (collections), fixed assets, cash management, insurance selection and administration, and operational & financial reporting for the organization.
• Responsible for inventory financial controls and costing, including overhead absorption and impairment review (obsolescence, slow moving, LCM, quality holds, etc.).
• Responsible for Cash Flow projections and management.
• Implemented, integrated and managed the organization's ERP and auxiliary information systems, including design and development of numerous integrated solutions utilizing SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, BarTender and other data gathering and reporting tools.
• Collaboratively reduced monthly closing process from 7 business days down to 2.5 business days, using changes in business processes and developing activity-based methods for calculating accruals.
• Co-managed successful migration of legacy business systems to the new parent's ERP system. Also provided data mappings and legacy system extractions for inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, manufacturing, sales order processing and quality modules. David A. Gatti 2 of 2
RAINSWEET, INC / RS GROWERS, INC Salem, OR
Chief Financial Officer 2000 – 2006
Controller 1998 – 2000
Quality Assurance Manager 1996 – 1998
Recruited by a former manager to be the Quality Assurance Manager for the purpose of implementing sound Inventory and Quality Control systems related to both raw materials and finished goods. Upon completion of the initial objectives, moved into the Controller role which allowed better utilization of college education in the area of finance and accounting.
• Managed a small staff responsible for grower accounting, banking relations, including bank covenant compliance, inventory costing along with all other finance and accounting functions.
• Property tax preparation, including successful utilization of the Food Processor’s Tax Exemption initially implemented by the State during this time.
• Instrumental in the design, implementation and management of the Cooperative's first Base Capital Plan.
• Designed and implemented numerous raw material purchase and manufacturing information management applications (MS Access).
• Administered the successful acquisition and integration of a second manufacturing facility. TRUITT BROTHERS, INC Salem, OR
Inventory Control Manager 1993 – 1996
Shift Superintendent 1990 – 1993
Various Positions of Increasing Responsibility 1984 – 1990 Started as a night shift cherry sorter and continued to work summers while earning my degree. Upon graduation, was hired on as a Shift Superintendent in Operations for the purpose of eventually replacing one of the two individuals retiring within 3 or 4 years. Moved into Inventory Control Manager position and rapidly elevated the reliability and performance of the department to the benefit of both internal departments and our customers.
• Managed a small team of CDL drivers across multiple shifts, who collaborated to optimize the physical layout of our storage warehouses.
• Worked closely with IT and Quality Departments to design and implement process and information system improvements for managing and administering inventory to ensure optimization of inventory across a range of customer requirements.
• In collaboration with others, designed, executed and evaluated numerous operational efficiency studies, resulting in processing line improvements and saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
E D U C A T I O N
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON – SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Eugene, OR Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Major: Finance w/Minor: Economics