I am a Certified Scrum Master and Business Analyst with progressive professional experience, spanning over 5+years of successfully managing development teams transitioning from Waterfall to Agile methodology, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis financial Analysis, and Business Process Improvement. Experienced in providing support to Product Owners, developers and Business Analysts. A highly motivated servant leader, adaptable & versatile self-starter, with a reputation for integrity and accustomed to supporting & managing multi-functional teams.
Nestle USA, Solon, Ohio.
Scrum Master June 2017 – Present
• Conducted Daily Stand Up Meetings, Bi-weekly Sprint Planning and Retro Discussions of previous Sprints.
• Worked with product owner to understand the product’s vision, prioritize the product backlog; created and documented acceptance criteria and the estimation process.
• Coached and mentored the team in Agile practices to foster team spirit and continuous improvement and the willingness to learn more.
• Ensured the development teams had all the required artifacts, created to comply with the quality assurance audit process.
• Assisted the development team with estimation techniques such as T-shirt sizes and the Fibonachi sequence.
• I understand timely release, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and encouraged the team to leverage them.
• Encouraged the team during each sprint, to work on user stories that were aligned with the sprint goal.
• Used the Realtime Board to build user story maps.
• Acted as the bridge between the Product owner and the scrum delivery team; I aligned both parties to a common goal while managing stakeholders’ expectations.
• Worked closely with the onsite QA Manager, clients, business analysts, designers and developers to develop comprehensive test plans during early phases of each project.
• Acts as Agile SME to teams, product owner.
• Protected the development team from outside distractions, impediments and team conflicts.
Vixgrid Web Agency, Cleveland, Ohio
Scrum Master June 2015– June 2017
• Enforced the scrum process, facilitated key meetings and challenged the teams to innovate and create.
• Performed risk and dependency management in my team’s and ensured all release management practices aligned to enterprise standards.
• Ensured the scrum process was used as intended and continually improved for the benefit of the team.
• Identified, removed and escalated impediments that were unable to be resolved within the scrum team.
• Coordinated team voting using the planitpoker.
• Facilitated sprint ceremonies; daily stand-up, sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint demo and the sprint retrospective meetings.
• Coordinated with the product owner to identify and prioritize user stories while ensuring clarity of stories and features for the development team.
• Encouraged the team to develop potentially shippable products, in a series of small, frequently updated versions.
• Supported the team through servant leadership, in bringing them to a self- organized and cross functional state while promoting the team`s maturity. Sherwin Williams, Cleveland, Ohio
Scrum Master August 2014 – May 2015
• Helped team with proper story sizing, and estimation process.
• Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
• Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress.
• Participated in the Agile/Scrum Community of Practice to introduce and continually improved agile processes within the organization.
• Coordinated Agile ceremonies like sprint planning, daily scrums, Sprint reviews Sprint retrospectives and other needed meetings to help the team deliver the best potentially reloadable increment of the product at the end of each sprint.
• Involved in Gathering Requirements with Product Team/manager to ensure requirements are clear and concise.
• Created release cycles for products consistent with quarterly release targets.
• Assist Product Owner in writing user stories, prioritize Product Backlog Items
(PBI) and facilitate meetings between Scrum team, product Owner and management.
• Support team by removing impediments, identify scrum best practices and tools needed; act as a servant leader to ensure team is functioning Business Analyst
Walmart, Lorain, Ohio. Feb 2012 - July 2014
• Strong analytical Proficient in documenting requirements, problem-solving and communication skills, with particular emphasis on defining business processes, identifying risks, base lining acceptance criteria and deliverables.
• Experience in writing Business Requirement Document, functional specification Documents based on user requirements.
• Functional experience on Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Change Management, Rational Unified Process methodology, Agile methodology.
• Organizing reviews and meetings with various Stakeholders and the end users aimed at finalizing the Software Requirements Specifications.
• Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
• Ability to understand, analyze and design business processes and workflows with the objective of providing recommendations for the best use of technology for improvement.
SKILLS AND TOOLS
JIRA, Kanban, Rally, SDLC, Quality center ALM/EIM,Microsoft office MS Excel, MS project, share point, Access and outlook. EDUCATION
• Cleveland State University MBA. 2013 - 2015
• University of Buea BA in Accounting. 2006 – 2009 CERTIFICATIONS/ COMPLETED TRAININGS
• Scrum Master Accredited Certification
• SAP FI/CO Consultant trained