** **** **** ******, ****, Jersey City
• Expert in Adobe Illustrator.
• Expert in Adobe Photoshop.
• Expert in drawing and sketching.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft
• Strong knowledge of Windows &
• Strong in pattern-making,embroidery
printing, and embellishment.
• Extensive knowledge of fashion
• Strong visualization abilities.
• Garment development process
• Highly creative and innovative.
• Detail minded, result oriented,
and competitive spirit.
• Good eye for color, texture,
materials, and shapes.
• Exceptional team player.
• Set priorities and meet simultaneous
• Take initiative, organized, accountable
and strong sense for business.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor of Science in
Fashion and Apparel Design
Bangalore University, India
Fashion Designer, ODEL PLC, Ladies Apparel(retail industry) 2015 - 2017 Fashion Designer/Apparel graphic Designer ODEL PLC, LUV SL 2014 - 2015
• Developed innovative print and embellishment techniques.
• Designed graphics for garments, created line sheets and specification sheets.
• Developed theme based products such as footwear, T-shirts,handbags etc.
• Package designing, label designing and branding.
• Contributed for visual merchandising.
Boutique Owner, HIRANA 2013 - 2014
• Founded, directed, and operated a ready-to-wear boutique label “HIRANA”.
• Managed, delegated and supervised the design, Sourced fabric/trim, merchandising, quality control, marketing, and budgeting process.
• Established, maintained and demonstrated integrity, honesty and knowledge with over 5 vendors partnerships.
Fashion Designer - Trainee, MAS Active Trading Pvt Ltd. 2012 - 2012 Freelance Designer (Apparel and Graphic)
• Communicated, solved clients requirements and arranged presentation boards.
• Created graphics for apparel, accessories, and promotional items.
• Involved in Brand building,Re-branding, garment designing and package designing.
• Assembled, budgeted and quality controlled products for clients. EXPERIENCE
• Featured designer: ‘A fresh thinking on Fashion’ Sunday Observer Sri Lanka
(175,000+ weekly circulation).
• Awarded Designer of the year 2013 - ‘defile de mode’ T John College media coverage from PRAJWANI INDIA news paper.
• Costume Designer for Ms. Sri Lanka pageant 2013, media Coverage from Sunday Observer Sir Lanka.
• Bolvins’ Fashion Show India, 2011 - 1st place Secured.
• Acron drawing competition, Sri Lanka, 2001 - 1st place.
• Worked on designs for Seasonal Collections as well as developed brand concept and multiple Ready-to-wear lines such as Party wear, formal attire (CLOSET), Sleep-wear and Linen clothing.
• Researched trends and created illustrations and presentation boards.
• prepared apparel specification sheets and sample prototype through draping, sketching, pattern making and computer-aided design (CAD).
• Facilitated and handled multiple tasks in design process through trend Research, visual design, sketching, tech pack creation, spec’ing, fitting and cost analysis.
• Communicated with overseas factories and suppliers to source fabrics/trims and follow-up production.
• Assist with trend research, flat sketches, illustrations, tech packs and mood-board preparations.
• Applied proprietary techniques of textile printing, cutting, stitching, labeling, bonding and fabric quality checking to design process.
• Involved in visual merchandising to key Buyers - Nike, Columbia. 2012 - 2019