M VIJAY KUMAR
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Skype Id: vijaykumarmurthy84
~ Executive Sous Chef; targeting senior level assignments in Food & Beverage Operations ~
Industry Preference: Hospitality
NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS ACROSS THE CAREER
· Acknowledged with Certificate of Completion of Food Safety Supervisor by FSSAI
· Service Excellence Award on 19th Sarovar Annual Meet - 2013
· Received Certificate of Participation in the National Level Conference on “Nutritional Evaluation of Food in Context of the Hospitality Industry” held in Sunder Deep College Of Hotel Management organized on 5th March 11
· Acknowledged with Certificate of Completion of training on Food Safety for Food Handlers at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sahibabad.
· Merit of interacting with Chef Vijay Murthy (Vaango Restaurant on Navratri Special with South Indian Platter- Idli, Samber) https://youtu.be/ZolDpYgTNRM
· Certificate of Appreciation for Rice Boat Food Promotion held in The Orchid, Mumbai from 25th July-3rd August 2008
· Certificate of appreciation for Secured Bronze in the Buffet Meal category in Culinary Art India 2005.
· Awarded for service appreciation in F&B Production Dept. in 16th All India Student Chef Competition in 2001-02.
Since Mar’ 19 Tribute Portfolio- Marriott International, Kochi as Sous Chef
Reported to Marriott International, Marriott International Offering the most powerful portfolio in the
General Manager Industry, our 30 Brands and more than 6,900 properties across 130 countries and territories give
People more ways to connect, experience and expand their world.
Apr’ 17- Feb’ 19 Sterling Holidays Resort, Yercard, Salem, Tamil Nadu as Chef De Cuisine
Reported to Sterling Holidays Resort, Sterling Holiday Resorts Limited (known as Sterling Holidays) a holiday General Manager Lifestyle company was incorporated in the year 1986. In 2015, Sterling Holiday Resorts India
Limited became a 100% independently managed subsidiary of Thomas Cook India Limited
Oct’ 13- Mar’17 Devyani International Limited, Gurgaon as Executive Sous Chef for Vaango
Reporting to COO VAANGO: Introducing Vaango, a unique concept where one can enjoy authentic South Indian
Food in a contemporary ambience. It is the new South Indian restaurant chain launched by
Devyani International as a part of its expansion journey.
Apr’12-Sep’13 The Muse, Sarovar Portico Nehru Place as Executive Chef
Reported to Sarovar Hotels & Resorts is a privately owned hotel chain in India. It is the 3rd largest
General Manager Hotel chain in India with 70 hotels across India and overseas. The company is
Affiliated with Carlson Hospitality Worldwide
Jan’09-Apr’12 Country Inn & Suites, Sahibabad as Sous Chef
Reported to 64/6 (THE COFFEE SHOP): This buffet restaurant, located at the lower lobby level, is one-of
Executive Chef kind. Indulge in a spreadof over 150 dishes from Indian and World cuisines.The interactive kitchen and the tapanyaki ice-cream counter are the unique features of this restaurant. The venue has a seating capacity of over 290 guests and a separate 'Windsor' area to hold birthday parties and small get togethers.
Jun’10-Apr’12 Sous Chef
Dec’09-Jun’10 Jr. Sous Chef
Jan’09-Dec’09 Senior Chef -de- Partie
Apr’08-Dec’08 The Orchid, Mumbai as Chef-De-Partie
Reported to VINDHYAS (SOUTH INDIAN SPECIALITY RESTAURANT): Vindhyas represents a unique
Executive Chef culinary concept. An opportunity for you to enliven your senses, at one place, with diverse
flavors and delicacies from the south of India. And while you savour the aromas and food, you're also regaled with the vibrant cultural heritage of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu states. Including live instrumental music by skilled musicians on all days. Also on view are our skilled craftsmen; the chefs who perform live for from the interactive kitchen.
Nov’05-Mar’08 Trident Hilton, Gurgaon as Commi
Reported to SAFFRON (NORTH INDIAN RESTAURANT): The North Indian restaurant serves exotic North Kitchen Executive Indian creations.
Aug’04-Oct’05 Marriott Welcome Hotel, Saket as Commi 1
Reported to DAKSHIN (SOUTH INDIAN SPECIALITY RESTAURANT): Southern India’s rich culinary legacy
Master Chef comes to you, authentic and untampered from the heart of this vastly varied stretch of land
courted by the sea. Savour unique seafood specialities from the Moplah community in Kerala or choose to enjoy the tradition vegetarian fare of the house of Iyers and much more; for Dakshin brings you an uncommon collection of Southern India’s most enticing dishes.
· Menu planning for an expansive repertoire of menus, along with portion standardisation and supervision of food preparation; handling all aspects of Kitchen management including monitoring food production and aesthetic presentation of food and beverage
· Coordinating with work of kitchen staff and manage the preparation of meals; pre-opening experience and well versed in all aspect of Kitchens and Business Operations varied from Restaurants, Banquet and Buffets
· Act as an expeditor and serve as the liaison between the restaurant’s guest and the line cooks; In charge of ordering supplies and finding the best ways to keep the menu's quality high and the costs low
· Training and cultivating her staff's talents; contributing in revenue generation; aligning the services to the changing market trends and managing the entire gamut of operations
· Estimating amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients; analysing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour and overhead costs
· Planning menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals; inspecting supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality; hiring, training and supervising cooks and other food preparation workers
· Ordering and maintaining inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations; monitoring sanitation practices and ensuring that kitchen safety standards are followed
· Organised food festivals / events such as ONAM THALI in Vaango 2016 (trailed in two outlets for 3 days) which resulted in generating revenue worth INR 46,690 Thousand
· Played a key role in implementing new initiatives such as New product launch (ADS raised by minimum of INR 3500 to 6000 per Outlet in 2014) for openings and introducing additions (restaurants / ballrooms) to existing set-ups
· Took Work Flow Training to Individual Outlets Chef’s (please mention) measures to improve operational efficiency; reduced incidence of errors such as (Time Management and food preparation as per the Brand Recipes / SOP) through the same
· Increased cover count for all meals through initiatives such as Early Morning Breakfast (ADS raised by minimum of INR 3500 to 4000 per Outlet ) with significant improvement on the weekend business
· Enhanced revenue per cover by XX% through eliminating waste, updating the menu, other measures (Introducing New products & Beverages on every Quarter of the Years in the current organisation, Introduced Product Manual for all the Recipes)
· Front Office at The Oberoi, New Delhi for 6 Weeks
· Housekeeping at The Oberoi, New Delhi for 6 Weeks
· Food & Beverage Service at The Oberoi, New Delhi for 6 Weeks
· Food Production at The Oberoi, New Delhi for 6 Weeks
2004 Bachelors in Tourism from I.G.N.O.U.
2004 Degree in Hospitality Management and Hotel Administration from IHM, Hyderabad
2001 12th in Commerce) from Kendriya Vidyalaya, A.A.I. Rangpuri, New Delhi, C.B.S.E.
1999 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sector VIII, R.K.Puram, New Delhi,C.B.S.E.
Date of Birth: 7th January 1982
Language Known: English, Hindi & Tamil
Address: H.No-146A/10, Convent Road, Opposite R.C Chruch, Lutherpet, Yercaud – 636601, Tamil NaduCORE COMPETENCIES
Food & Beverage Operations
F&B Production & Cost Control
Training & Development
Research & Development
· Hospitality Expert with over 15 years of experience in Food & Beverage Operations, Executive Assistant, General Administrations
· Resourceful in directing all food outlets; training and monitoring all the store kitchen staff, maintaining hygiene in all outlets; recruiting kitchen staff
· Resourceful in checking freshness of food and ingredients; supervising and coordinating activities of cooks and other food preparation workers; developing recipes and determine how to present the food
· Knowledge in P/L, coaching and mentoring, menu engineering, kitchen development, fluent in English; comprehensive knowledge in Food Safety, Hygiene and HACCP
· Achieved Certificate of Participation for Authentic Indian Regional Cuisine category in Culinary Art India 2007, Certificate of Appreciation for securing Bronze in the Buffet Meal Category in Culinary Art India 2005 and Certificate of Appreciation of the outstanding service rendered as Liaison Officer for the 1st Afro Asian Games
· Received Bravo Certificate of Participation for International Master Chef’s Category in Authentic Indian Regional Cuisine and Bravo Certificate for Appreciation for consistent efforts towards working sincerely
· A keen communicator with refined interpersonal, team building, problem solving and analytical skills