Jay Zumbar Chandanshive,
Sr. No. 139/3, Mahadev Nagar, Bhosari. Pune-411039
Objective: Dedicated, friendly, hard working and enthusiastic individual with outstanding academic, communication, organizational, and analytical skills and a passion for teaching searching for a academic (Teaching) role in reputed organisation. EDUCATION
07/2013 -- 06/2015 Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Molecular and cellular therapeutics and Department of pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Development of small molecule therapeutics against SLE-LUPUS
Development of chincona-based thiourea catalyst for asymmetric synthesis of chiral sulfonic acids and Aldol adducts.
Development of HSP inhibitors
01/2010 -- 06/2013 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Bologna Bologna, Italy Thesis Title
Regio-controlled Synthesis of Ring-Fused Pyrazoles Through 1,3-DC And Synthesis of Helicene-Thiourea Catalysts for Asymmetric Synthesis
01/2012 -- 06/2013 Visiting PhD student
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Dublin, Ireland Projects
Development of helicene -thiourea catalyst for asymmetric synthesis of chiral sulfonic acids and Aldol adducts.
Development of polymer supported Soos's catalyst 06/2004 -- 06/2006 Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Department of Chemistry, University of Pune Pune, India Project Title
Synthesis of Homo-castanospermine and its analogues by ring closing metathesis 06/2001 -- 06/2004 Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Modern College, University of Pune. Pune, India
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
2014 - 15 1. Enterprise Ireland (Dublin-Ireland) sponsored Postdoctoral researcher at RCSI-Dublin 2010 - 11 2. INSTM (Italy) sponsored PhD fellow
2009 3. INSTM (Italy) sponsored project fellow
2007 4. SPAARC Award for best performance in synthetic organic chemistry, organised by Sai Advantium Pharma Ltd, Pune. 06/2007 5. CSIR-UGC-JRF NET: Ph.D. Fellowship for doing research in India. 2006 6. CSIR-UGC NET: Qualified for doing Lectureship in India twice (June- and Dec-2006). MEMBERSHIPS (EDITOR/ REVIEWER)
2. International Journal of Organic Chemistry (IJOC) 3. International Journal of Advances in Chemistry (IJAC) 4. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) 5. International Journal of Latest Research In Organic Chemistry (IJLROC) 6. International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering & Multidisciplinary Physical Sciences (IJIREMPS) ACADEMIC WORK EXPERIENCE
10/2012 -- 09/2014 Senior Demonstrator (Pre-medical Practical's/Lectures/Tutorials) Royal College of Surgeon's in Ireland Dublin, Ireland Achievements/Tasks
Coordinating, developing and implementing "Biomedical laboratory Sciences" module in foundation year (Pre-medical) in consultation with Vice-Dean and Director of foundation year.
Reporting directly to Vice-Dean and Director of foundation year (Pre-medical).
General lecturing and tutorials.
Exam paper set up and corrections.
Formative and summative assessment of Laboratory practical components.
Liaise between faculty, administrative staff and students.
Contributing to educational and teaching programme of Department of Anatomy and delivering lectures/tutorials.
Contributing to educational and teaching programme of Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry and delivering lectures/tutorials.
Supervision of practical's and timetabling.
Supervision and assignment of junior demonstrator on duty.
Active member of Foundation year committee.
Supporting and monitoring of student progress.
Active participation in training and development programmes
Open day representative for Pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, RCSI.
Representative for RCSI foundation year practical modules.
Ensuring Health and safety regulations as per RCSI guidelines. 03/2009 -- 12/2009 Project Assistant
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Bologna Bologna, Italy Achievements/Tasks
Synthesis of NCE, novel heterocyclic compounds from milligram to several gram scales.
Route scouting and multistep synthesis of compounds
Analysis of synthesized compounds using analytical methods
Laboratory management and general health and safety.
INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
07/2015 -- Present Freelance Research Scientist/ Chemist/consultant Self employed Pune, India
NCE synthesis, R&D and PRD.
Custom chemical synthesis.
Higher education consultant abroad
08/2017 -- 03/2018 Senior Research Officer
Deea Pharmaceuticals LLP Pune, India
R&D for small scale and bulk scale specialty and fine chemicals.
Business development and marketing.
Trouble-shooting chemistry challenges.
Project management, planning and implementation of novel SOPs for cost effective and demanding chemicals. 07/2006 -- 02/2009 Research Chemist
Sai Advantium Pharma Limited (Now Sai Life Sciences) Pune, India Achievements/Tasks
Synthesis of NCE, novel heterocyclic, chiral, polyaromatic, steroidal, peptide compounds.
Multistep synthesis of compounds from milligram to several gram scales
Analysis of synthesized compounds using analytical methods
Laboratory management and general health and safety. RESEARCH INTERESTS
Medicinal chemistry, Synthetic organic chemistry and methodology
Catalysis (organo and organometalic)
Synthesis of Natural products and macrocyclic chemistry RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS
Highly experienced in synthesis, route scouting, multistep synthesis and total synthesis of natural products.
Synthesized range of kinase inhibitors for oncology studies.
Hands on complex heterocyclic chemistry and polycyclic aromatic chemistry .
Hands on organo- and metal catalysed cross coupling reactions such as Suzuki, Heck arylation, Grignard, Negishi, Stille, Buchwald-Hartwig, Sonogashira, Ullmann, Pinacol coupling reaction.
Hands on click chemistry and cycloaddition reactions.
Worked on steroids, carbohydrate and peptide chemistry as well.
Experienced at synthesis of chiral compounds using strategy like chiral auxiliaries & reagents, chiron approach and asymmetric catalysis.
Hands on inert reactions, protection-deprotection reactions,.
Hands on Pharmaceutical formulation techniques.
Hands on process development, scale up and commercialization of technologies.
Theoretical understanding of reaction mechanisms and SAR studies.
Knowledge in pre-clinical drug development (lead-optimization).
Experienced at writing scientific reports and manuscripts. SKILLS (TECHNICAL)
NMR (Carbon, proton, fluorine), HPLC, GC-MS, ES-MS, UV, IR spectrometry, Polarimetry.
Purification techniques such as recrystallization, distillation, preparative TLC etc.
Moisture sensitive reactions and microwave assisted reactions. In Biology:
Dual reporter Luciferase assays and thermal melt assays
Interpretation of biological activity assays (minimal inhibitory concentration, MIC) IT Skills:
Strong knowledge of standard office software
Literature search and referencing using modern scientific tools like reaxys, scifinder, Beilstein, spresi and other general tools etc.
Other chemistry related software both offline and online. SKILLS (OTHER)
Supervised and taught technicians and students, adapting to different scientific levels and backgrounds, stimulating discussion and reflexion. Participated in evaluation juries.
Excellent verbal and written skills, along with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with students, faculty, staff, other institutional colleagues and peers, as well as the public.
Proven experience in college-level and small seminar teaching.
Ability to design and develop curriculums.
Strong program-planning and project-management skills.
Proven record of ongoing professional development.
Evidence of potential for excellence in mentoring undergraduate.
Excellent advising skills.
Ability to create and execute community-focused service learning activities.
Strong communication/presentation skills: Presented data clearly and confidently to both small and large groups, at home and abroad.
Strong synthesizing, writing, and information technology skills: Wrote scientific reports and articles in international peer- reviewed journals.
Interpersonal skills: Coached and collaborated with other scientists, outlining objectives, methodology, and conclusions, active listener. Exchanged constructive feedback and support and learned delegating responsibility.
Adaptability: Collaborated and communicated at all professional levels, and with people from diverse origins and cultures. Can work both independently and in team settings. Adapted to living abroad.
Management and organization: Managed several projects and collaborations in parallel, planned work to achieve goals and targets on time, set realistic objectives, developed creative solutions to problems. Used to seek and critically assess information, to define the cause of problems, determine available options and to use my own experience and that of others to move things forward.
1. R. Joshi, J. Z. Chandanshive, P. D. Lokhande, M. Nikalje, "Ammonium chloride promoted one-pot, three-component mannich reaction: An efficient and straight forward synthesis of β-amino ketones, β-amino esters and benzylamino coumarins", 2019, Submitted for Review.
2. A. M. McKeon, A. Egan, J. Z. Chandanshive, H. McMahon, and D. M. Griffith, "Novel Improved Synthesis of HSP70 Inhibitor, Pifithrin-μ. In Vitro Synergy Quantification of Pifithrin-μ Combined with Pt Drugs in Prostate and Colorectal Cancer Cells", Molecules, 2016, 21, 949.
3. G. Bertuzzi, E. Locatelli, D. Colecchia, P. Calandro, B. F. Bonini, J. Z. Chandanshive, A. Mazzanti, P. Zani, M. Chiariello and M. Comes Franchini, "Straightforward Synthesis of a Novel Ring-fused Pyrazole-Lactam and In Vitro Cytotoxic Activity on Cancer Cell Lines", Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2016, 117, 1-7.
4. S. Ferrini, J. Z. Chandanshive, S. Lena, M. C. Franchini, G. Giannini, A. Tafi, and M. Taddei, ‘’Ruthenium-Catalyzed Synthesis of 5- Amino-1,2,3-triazole-4-carboxylates for Triazole-Based Scaffolds: Beyond the Dimroth Rearrangement”, J. Org. Chem., 2015, 80 (5), 2562–2572
5. P. B. González, J. Z. Chandanshive, M. Fochi, B. F. Bonini, A. Mazzanti, L. Bernardi, E. Locatelli, L. Caruana, C. Monasterolo, M. C. Franchini, “Regiochemical and Computational Investigation of the 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition of tert-butyl-ethynyl-phenyl carbamate with C-carboxymethyl-N-phenyl nitrilimine” Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 8108-8114 6. J. Z. Chandanshive, B. G. Pedro, W. Tiznado, B. F. Bonini, J. Caballero, C. Femoni, M. C.s Franchini, “1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of nitrile imines with α-β unsaturated lactones, thiolactones and lactums: Synthesis of ring fused pyrazoles”, Tetrahedron. 2012; 68(16), 3319-3328.
7. J. Z. Chandanshive, B. F. Bonini, W. Tiznado, C. A. Escobar, J. Caballero, C. Femoni, M. F. Fochi, M.C. Franchini, “1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of nitrile imines with cyclic α-β unsaturated ketones: A Regiochemical route to ring-fused pyrazoles”, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2011, 4806-4813
8. J. Z. Chandanshive, B. F. Bonini, D. Gentili, M. F. Fochi, L. Bernardi, M.C. Franchini, “Regiocontrolled synthesis of ring-fused Thieno[2,3 c]pyrazoles through 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of nitrile imine with sulfur-based acetylenes”, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2010, 6440-6447.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
1. Poster presentation at ISOCS-24, Florence (Italy), 25-30 July 2010. Jay Z. Chandanshive, B. F. Bonini, M. C. Franchini,
‘Regiocontrolled synthesis of ring-fused Thieno[2,3 c]pyrazoles through 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of nitrile imine with sulfur-based acetylenes’.
2. Invited talk at International conference on recent trends in drug discovery and green chemistry (Roha, Dist. Raigad, India), 9 Jan 2016.
3. Invited talk at Science workshop (Pen, Dist. Raigad, India), 'Current trends in organic chemistry and career opportunities there of', 9 Feb 2016.
Dr. Mauro Comes Franchini Dr. Dhananjay S. Pendharkar Prof. Dilip D. Dhavale Dr. Celine Marmion Associate Professor
Vice president - Research Operations
Professor of Organic Chemistry
Vice Dean of Foundation year
Department of Industrial Chemistry,
University of Bologna. Bologna, Italy
C-64, Hosiery complex, Phase-II Extn.
Noida - 201306 (India)
Department of chemistry
University of Pune, Ganeshkhind,
Royal College of Surgeons in
123 St. Stephen's green, Dublin
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: + 39 (0-51-209**** Tel.: +91-120-******* (Extn.: 610) Tel.: +91-20-256***** (Extn.: 584) Tel.: +353-*-***-**** Fax: +39 (0-51-209**** Fax: +91-120-******* (Extn.: 610) Fax: +91-20-256***** Fax: NA