Mississauga, ONT L5M 1T5
Leadership & Management
Excellent Communication &
Strong Work Ethic
Strong Time Management
Creative Problem Solving
Handling Pressure Effectively
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel,
PowerPoint & CMS
An individual with 20+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry. Possess a B. Comm and expertise in management and organizational skills. Proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives. High energy individual dedicated to maintaining high quality standards with value added/ high impact results.
• Provided support in leading and managing a work force of over 250 workers in a non-union setting.
• Implemented straight shifts in the welding department at a 98% acceptance level as a driving force to attract and retain “good” associates.
• Led and managed 8 shift supervisors, including: attendance, disciplinary actions, performance, etc.
• Monitor KPIs for efficiencies and downtimes for the stamping and welding department.
• Increased stamping efficiencies by 35% within a 3-month period through an improvement action plan.
• Decreased downtimes in stamping and welding by 40% within a 3-month period through increased training and weekly charting of downtimes.
• Forecasted a hiring plan prior to the launch of new production programs to ensure future production requirements were met.
• Coordinated with supervisors to optimize machinery outputs of production.
EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
• Organized all overtime shifts and managed over 50 temporary workers to increase production requirements.
• Instrumental in collaborating with HR to recruit and train the additional workforce to support the growth and demands of the production departments.
• Implemented a “buddy system” for training for all new employees to ensure the best practices of production were introduced.
• Involved actively within the JHSC; interacted with all employees on the production floor and ensured their concerns/suggestions regarding health
& safety were presented to corporate to stimulate improvement.
• Involved actively within the EMS committee; developed and presented a PowerPoint presentation to improve employee engagement.
• Implemented and drove continuous improvement activities by continuously monitoring established work tasks.
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (B.COMM.)
University of Toronto, Mississauga
September 1983- May 1987
• Area of focus: Accounting,
Economics & Marketing
• Graduated with Honours
A member of the following committees at MetriCan Group:
• Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC)
• Environmental Management System Committee (EMS)
• Strategic Planning Committee
• Upgrading to the New IATF 16949: 2016 – Devos Associates
• Skill Path Certificate- How to Excel at Managing & Supervising People CAREER EXPERIENCE
METRICAN GROUP / JUNE 2016- MARCH 2019
• Led & managed the stamping & welding department
• Involved in planning, coordinating and controlling manufacturing processes.
• Reviewed and monitored performances of team members to ensure that production need and quality were achieved.
• Worked with supervisors to implement the company’s policies and procedures (Health & Safety, IATF16949, ISO14001).
• Monitored safety/environmental, quality, cost and productivity objectives for department
• Conducted performance reviews of subordinates and identified training needs and implemented training plans.
• Resolved with Quality Control all non-conformance reports and any scrap material that was disposed of that did not meet specifications. COMPANY OWNER/ PLANT MANAGER
STAMPALL WASHER LTD. / MAY 1987- FEBRUARY 2016
• Ran all operations of tool & die and Tier 3 metal stamping business.
• Led and managed up to 25 employees.
• Delegated tasks to ensure optimization of production productivity and efficiency.
• Managed Quality Control under ISO9001 standards.
• Negotiated all contracts with customers and suppliers.
• Responsible for the administrative process of sales, customer orders, purchasing, production, scheduling, inventory and shipping.
• Managed payroll, accounts receivable and payable.
• Conducted all recruiting and hiring activities for the company.
• Ensured a safe and positive environment for all employees.