KRISTEN H. KOWAL, PTA
Bellbrook, OH 45305
EDUCATION San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, California
Associate of Applied Science, 1990
Major: Physical Therapist Assistant Technology
San Diego State University, San Diego, California
Bachelor of Science, 1987
Major: Athletic Training
Ohio Physical Therapist Assistant License, Current
California Physical Therapist Assistant License, Current
CPR Certification, Current
First Aid Certification, Current
PROFESSIONAL Life Care Hospitals, Miamisburg, OH
Physical Therapist Assistant, 2015- Current
• treat a wide variety of patients with a fragile medical status due to hemodialysis, ventilator, and over all medical status.
• Accommodating, innovating and flexible with staff to facilitate improvement with patient goals.
BACKGROUND Good Samaritan Society, Denton, TX (Texas license expired)
Physical Therapist Assistant, 2010
• treat wide variety of patients in a skilled nursing setting including patients in different levels of rehabilitation
• set up and organized physical therapy department and documentation
Alvarado Hospital, San Diego Rehabilitation Institute, San Diego, California
Physical Therapist Assistant, 1990-2002
• treatment of patients in cardiac rehab, joint replacement, wound care, pre-natal exercise program, arthritis education classes, general debility, post surgical
• mentor and clinical instructor for physical therapist assistant students
• set up daily patient schedules and entered billing charges
Santee Physical Therapy, Santee, California
Physical Therapist Technican, 1987-1988
• patient care treatments under the supervision of a physical therapist including: electrical stimulation, TENS units, hot packs, cold packs, ultrasound and pelvic/cervical traction. Answered phones and set up appointments.
Doctor D.D. Fullbright, San Diego, California
Front Office Clerk, 1986-87
• responsible for all office duties including answering phones, setting appointments and ordering supplies (eyeglasses and contacts)
• Volunteer teaching in children's ministry class.