Nancy A. Linde
Leicester, MA 01524
Objective: Seeking a challenging position that will utilize my proven skills and abilities in the administrative, billing and claim fields.
April, 2012-January, 2019 -- Administrative Assistant Y.O.U., Inc., The Wetzel Center, Worcester, MA
Create billing files for clients and confirm continuous insurance coverage and eligibility during admittance.
Ensure authorizations are obtained and documented for the correct number of days and level of care with no lapse in coverage during stay.
Process all invoices on a weekly basis for submission to accounting department for payment.
Process TOPS forms to be provided to clinicians at intake and discharge to determine improvement or decline during hospitalization.
Adhere to strictest confidentiality and HIPAA .regulations.
Answer phones and greet visitors in a friendly and professional way.
Perform any additional tasks as requested by management. February, 2008 – March 2011--Senior Biller
South Bay Mental Health, Worcester, MA
• File clinical documentation and secure charts
• Prepare client charts
• Process medical billing for clinicians
• Perform weekly edits on billing reports
February, 2007 – February, 2008 --Trainer/Auditor
Health Plans Inc., Westborough, MA
• Train incoming claim examiners
• Provide ongoing support and assistance to established examiners
• Audit examiners on accuracy and procedures
• Provide results of audits monthly
August, 1998 – January, 2007 –Senior Claims Examiner Health Plans Inc. Westborough, MA
• Manage medical and dental benefits for over 1400 clients
• Coordinate benefits between auto, workers compensation and other third party liability
• Negotiate subrogation cases
• Track and regulate improperly adjudicated claims
• Provide extensive information to clients and assist team members with claim issues SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Familiar with a variety of computer software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
• Proficient in handling confidential material and abiding by related policies
• Skilled in claim processing, implementing and time management.