Lithia, FL 33547
H - 813-***-****
C - 813-***-****
SUMMARY Over twenty seven (27) years Systems Analyst and design/development experience in diverse user-friendly on-line and batch production mainframe and mid-range environments. Comprehensive knowledge of structured logic in high and low level programming languages. Expert knowledge of project management, full lifecycle methodologies, application design/development, legacy modernization, production control and configuration management.
SOFTWARE TOOLS OS/MVS/XA/ESA/S390, DOS/VSE/CMS, VM/SP/XA,
AND TECHNOLOGIES MS/DOS, COBOL, COBOL-II, CICS, ASSEMBLER, DB2/SQL, IDMS, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE, CONTROL-M, CA-7, CA-MANAGER, PANVALET UCC7, CA-DISPATCH, Report.Web, BUNDL, SAR, INFOMAN, EASYTRIEVE, RPF, ENDEVOR, ALCHEMIST, MS WINDOWS 98, 2000 and XP, MS PROJECT, PANVALET PROJECT MANAGER, MS ACCESS, EXPEDITER, INTEREST, FILEAID, EXTRA, FOCUS/WEBFOCUS, DMLO/DDE/IDDM/OLQ, ISPF Dialog Manager, MVS JCL, QSAM, PDS, GDG, LIBRARIAN, JES3, IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, SSRS reporting.
PROFESSIONAL October 2007 – January 2019
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST/DEVELOPER
Responsible for analysis, implementation and maintenance of current and proposed applications within Geico’s billing department.
• Successfully analyze and create or modify source code to rectify billing application deficiencies utilizing COBOL II, DB2/SQL in batch and CICS.
• Unit and regression test all code, procedures, sysins and copybooks prior to production elevations.
• Create documentation in accordance with Geico's CMM life cycle methodologies.
October 2003 - September 2007
Aflac Insurance Co. / Impact Solutions Consulting
TECHNICAL LEAD / PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
Technical Lead and Project Administrator on multiple comprehensive Legacy Systems Modernization full life-cycle projects.
Technical Lead duties include:
• Analyze, diagnose, document, remediate and elevate modules to rectify mainframe systems and business application/field constraints of high-growth tables/datasets and field size limitations due to rapid growth at AFLAC.
• Document all phases of life cycle development in accordance with CMM level 3 protocol.
• Development and implementation of an EasyTrieve table handling application and subsequent remediation and elevation of over 300 EZT programs.
• Coded parsers to analyze EasyTrieve and COBOL programs.
• Write manuals on the standards of configuration/change management utilizing Alchemist and CASE documentation software.
• Mentor team members about the IBM environment at AFLAC.
Project Administration responsibilities include:
• The maintenance of project schedules and activities in Primavera TeamPlay.
• Re-baseline the project plan; documentation management using LiveLink project repository.
April 2000 - July 2003
Alpharetta, GA / Ashburn, VA
SYSTEMS ANALYST III
Responsible for analysis, implementation and maintenance of current and proposed systems within Network Financial Systems Management.
• Perform traditional system analysis and development tasks in any of the primary system development life cycle phases.
• Primary point of contact for multiple systems including Traffic Summarization System, Telco Usage System, Telco Automated Audits, the Automated Cost Management Reference System, Telco Account Database billing system and WebFOCUS.
• NFSM RACF and mainframe/midrange access administrator.
• Liaison to the Atlanta Cost Management Audit Center.
• Analysis and reporting functions utilizing various query languages in TSO batch and WebFOCUS environments.
• Work directly with auditors and accountants to optimize on-line applications and databases.
• Convert legacy FOCUS and MVS COBOL/DB2 programs to WebFOCUS.
• Produce high quality written products and trending analysis code.
• Work with team members or independently. Provide technical training and leadership.
April 1998 - April 2000
Cable & Wireless, USA
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Served as Systems Analyst in the creation and maintenance of batch and on-line systems. Responsibilities included:
• Analyzing, unit, string, regression integration and stress testing application written in COBOL, CICS, Easytrieve and VSAM.
• Involved in the design, testing, and implementation of the Year 2000 projects utilizing Endeavor Source Management System.
• Lead development projects and technically supervised on-the-job training of the test analysts.
• Successfully completed courses provided to increase skills proficiency.
• Reviewed literature and technical sources of information relating to job responsibilities on a continued basis.
• Made appropriate changes to existing programs in compliance with user requests.
• Created new programs form program specification accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provided system and program specifications for Standard Operating Procedures.
• Created various ad hoc reports from sequential and/or VSAM files.
January 1991 - April 1998
Aries Systems International, Inc.
Falls Church, VA
MGR., SYSTEMS DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Responsible for a team of developers tasked with the creation of software packages utilizing Life Cycle Development methodologies emphasizing all test phases. These included:
• Production Change Control/Configuration Management
• Tape Accounting Management
• Production Abend Restart Recovery
• Production Management Information Messaging System and associated utilities
• Used JCL/IBM utilities, worldwide data transfers, Easytrieve, RPF, COBOL II and IDCAMS in CICS, batch and ROSCOE and TSO environments.
• Other packages included Navy address confirmation, restructure, and upload the IDMS distribution data base and offsite customer service requests using VSAM, PDS, Librarian and sequential data formats.
• Trained production analysts in every aspect of change control, scheduling, restart/recovery and Design and development programming techniques at the Arlington Navy Annex and the Data Mega Center in Chambersburg, PA during the consolidation migration.
CHANGE CONTROL ANALYST
• Ensured the timely cohesive integration of data configuration packages from design and test phases to the production environment.
• Acted as liaison to the user community providing technical support.
• Developed utilities enhancing the ROSCOE based change control system allowing the analysts file access, update, and reconciliation options.
• Scheduled, tracked and submitted through CA-MANAGER production job streams that maintained the BUPERS processing environment.
• This included system jobs, which backed up DASD, provided system statistical reports, managed/scheduled CICS regions, provided SMF/RMF reporting, and scheduled/backed up CAT II OTS software.
• Also encompassed were database jobs, which backed up database files and provided related database started tasks.
• Responsible for production jobs which restored production data bases.
• Processed application CM changes through PROMIS.
• Provided statistical reports for production processes
• Provided CM processing reports and created daily CA-MANAGER schedule.
• Staged inputs to application processes from non-IBM systems.
• Coordinated unclassified and secure processing.
• Integrated all production software into a single user access through the PROMIS on-line facility.
• Monitored progressing of production jobs to detect and correct job abnormalities.
• Reviewed job output.
• Ensured correctness of job processing flow.
• Provided first line user assistance for problem resolution.
• Interfaced with management for daily updates of production status.
• Developed and documented standard operation procedures as required supporting the evolving environment.
• Maintained logs detailing recovery activities.
September 1978 - June 1990
EDUCATION Computer Learning Center – Associate degree – 4.0 GPA
CLEARANCE SECRET / cleared for Top Secret - Issued January 1991 by Defense Investigative Services Organization. Currently inactive.
REFERENCES Furnished upon request.