Mob. - +1-214-***-****
Address: - 428 Red River Trail, Irving, TX 75063
Top-performing professional with proven presentation, negotiation and closing abilities perfected through over 30 years' progressive experience in sales, business development and management, working for local as well as multi-national organizations. Delivered consistent contributions to productivity and revenue growth through exceptional skills and expertise in leadership, sales training, development and customer relationship management. Significant achievements in the management of operational development, strategic marketing, and team building. Extensive knowledge and experience in delivering & administering cost and technical proposals. Thorough comprehension of contracts’ management and negotiations for fixed price commercial contracts.
Khaled delivered nationwide, complex, high tech, multi-millions ICT projects in capacity of ERP, Technology, E-Payment and Infrastructure.
A creative and inventive thinker, who craves a challenge and who is not afraid to work outside his comfort zone. Khaled is a motivated team player who consistently aims to push revenue expectations and exceed goals. He possesses superb communication skills and is someone who can build up rapport easily, open up clients, find out exactly what they need, and then present them with a wide range of services and solutions. Pragmatic and results orientated, with a focus on bottom line results, he has a track record of achieving and exceeding the standards of performance set out for any projects. Jan.2019– Present Misr Technology Services (MTS) - Egypt Executive Adviser to the Chairman,
MTS is the company that will implement the Single Widow for Trade project in Egypt. MTS is owned by 80% the Egyptian Government and 20% private sector. Single Window project will include: -
Implementing the Single Window Platform for The Egyptian Customs in cooperation between all involved departments and authorities.
Reviewing the business Process in The Egyptian Customs, and rebuild the entire software application for customs’ automation.
Develop a capacity building plan for the customs’ employees to enhance their technological capabilities.
Role Summary: -
Lead the implementation and continued development of Single Window Platform for the Egyptian Trade.
Contribute to the strategic direction of the relationship between MoF, Customs and the company.
Responsible for the whole sub-projects (IT, Logistic Centers’ Constructions, Training, Operations etc.) of Single Window Implementation.
Aug. 2016 – Dec.2018 Ministry of Finance - Egypt
Deputy Minister for Information Technology
Khaled achieved and completed the implementation and rollout of the Egyptian Governmental Mega projects as detailed below: -
1. Gov-CA DC infrastructure and Systems’ Development and renewal. 2. Treasury Single Account (TSA) in alliance with CBE. 3. The Government employees’ salary e-Payments through ATMs. 4. The Government ePayment for all Gov. Payments.
5. Government Financial Management Information System - GFMIS project Nationwide. 6. The Egyptian Tax Authority e-Declaration/e-Payment project. 7. The Egyptian Tax Authority Business Process Re-engineering project with E&Y. Projects under development and evaluation: -
1. The Egyptian Tax Authority Automation System.
2. The Egyptian Tax Authority e-Invoice project (B2B & B2C). 3. The Egyptian Tax Authority PMO.
4. The Egyptian Customs’ Core System Automation and Single Window Project for Trade Across Boarders.
5. The Egyptian Real Estate Tax Automation System. 6. E-Procurement project with GAGS.
7. MoF Oracle Hyperion new project.
8. Government e-Collection for all B2G payments.
9. New DC and DR infrastructure and Systems for MoF and its affiliates. Accomplishments include:
Managed all The Information Systems infrastructure and applications in the Egyptian Ministry of Finance, this covers the data center, networks operations center, Service Desk, training as well as all other facilities related to or contribute to various automation projects in the Ministry of Finance.
Managed all tenders set by MoF to upgrade and develop the MoF IT infrastructures and applications.
Managed the IT team to operate, monitor and manage the network infrastructure, network security and connectivity with MoF remote sites and related entities.
Managed the support teams for desktop and applications and end users, and the service desk team for MoF .
Supervised all systems’ integrators projects and deliverables.
Managed IT Mega Projects:-
o Implementation of the TSA “Treasury Single Account” for the government in alliance with the Central Bank.
o Implemented the ePayment for all government’s payments. o Implementation of the Governmental Fiscal Management Information System (GFMIS) Automation. Oracle ERP system implementation and rollout to 2626 Accounting Units nationwide.
o ePayroll system (pilot phase) implementation and integration with GFMIS. o Business Process Re-engineering for The Egyptian Tax Authority. o TAX e-Declaration project for The Egyptian Tax Authority. o Integration between the Egyptian Customs Authority and CBE and GOEIC . May. 2015 - Aug.2016 Intercom Enterprises - Egypt
• Managing a team of 6 accounts manager looking after the Banking and Telecom sector.
• Over achieved the company banking solutions portfolio in FY15.
• Achieved the company IBM quota for major banks/Telco in Egypt in FY15.
• Monitoring and coaching the sales team performance and the CRM accuracy. May. 2014 – Jan. 2015 Hewlett Packard - Qatar & Egypt Partner Business Manager, Enterprise Group
• Owned the end to end HP EG relationship with the key strategic Partners and drive mutual growth initiatives for HP’s Enterprise Group Portfolio in Qatar and Egypt. Feb. 2012 - May 2014 Hewlett Packard - Qatar
Partner Business Manager, Enterprise Group
Own the end to end HP EG relationship with the key strategic Partners and drive mutual growth initiatives for HP’s Enterprise Group Portfolio.
• Owned and drove the Joint Business Plan with the Platinum and Gold Partners to grow HP’s EG business in the country.
• Achieved with the SMB team, the customers’ deals with the assigned partner sales representatives to position and sell HP’s EG Portfolio.
• Owned the SMB forecast and pipeline in the country.
• Responsible for accurate sales forecasting and pipeline management for all EG business within Assigned Partners, ensuring Salesforce.com accuracy and predictability in business closed.
• Developed the quarterly incentive plans with Partners to support growth initiatives via MDF allocation, demonstrating a clear ROI on any incentive investment.
• Improve Penetration Rate for the key EG Product Business Lines within each Partner demonstrating quarter over quarter growth.
• New channel partners’ recruitment, enablement and account management across the country.
• Responsibility for forecasting and closing transactions with channel partners in Open Space accounts.
• Built and implemented a channel strategy for the assigned territory aligned and consistent with the overall revenue and growth targets for the partner.
• Created a joint business Plan for leading Partners in an effort to meet the forecasted growth and revenue targets.
• Drove joint opportunity development activities through account mapping, marketing activities, coordinating MDF, and utilizing HP's Channel Marketing Programs.
• Managed the Deal Registration, Forecast and Pipeline, co-ordinate partner engagement and sales activities with Business Units Sales Managers.
Nov. 2011 - to Feb.2012 Hewlett Packard - Egypt
Challenged to manage the ISS (Industry Std. Server) Business Unit in the large named accounts of the Governmental and Banking Sector.
Responsible for creating and driving ISS sales pipeline in the large named accounts of the Governmental and Banking Sector.
• Created new opportunities, expanded and enhanced the existing opportunities to build the ISS BU pipeline.
• Pipeline management - Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipeline to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
• Strategic sales planning & implementation - Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect HP's business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth
• Maintained the knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
• Established a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the clients, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Liaise with partners for pipeline review for assigned accounts, review the strategy of closing deals.
Jan. 2011 - to Nov.2011 Hewlett Packard - Egypt
ISR Sales Manager
Challenged to develop and manage ISR (Inside Sales Representative) team consists of 6 Sales, 3 Presales and 1 Sales Operation looking after the Open Space (SMB) accounts in Egypt.
• Coaching & Performance Management - Assesses and manages ISR team performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
• Account Planning, assists in planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps. and selling activities; aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; develops robust, comprehensive plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasting accurately and communicating sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
• Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios
• Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the highest levels of the client's organization; personally interacts with executives; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client.
• Develop Tier2 Partners to match the Open Space accounts needs. June 2009 - Jan. 2011 Hewlett Packard - Egypt
Financial Service Industry Sales Manager
Challenged to develop and manage the Enterprise Banking sector accounts in Egypt, managing a virtual team of pre-sales locally and regional to develop and manage cross sector sales’ activities. Accomplishments include:
• Acquired a $3M deal to replace IBM mainframe for the first time in National Bank of Egypt.
• 135% over achieving of H1 FY10 target.
• Succeeded to sign a frame agreement with NBE for the future expansion for the core banking platform, and to standardize the platform on HP UX.
• Penetrating the financial sector with hp technology, that was not involved in this arena in Egypt.
• Account Manager for the entire hp portfolio in the Egyptian Financial Sector, including software, service desk, CRM, systems management, applications’ testing, critical facility services, ISS servers and storage.
• Established a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the named accounts, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of their unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Demonstrated customer-sensitive practices to support trust in HP and advance HP's account presence
• Managed the partners’ relations to alliance with their capabilities and the customers’ needs.
• Utilizing Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts and pipeline. Sept. 2007 - June 2009 SALEC - Egypt
Salec is a Data Communications & Telecommunications Company specialized in providing innovative technology solutions to design, build and manage data network & telecommunication infrastructure projects with partnership of Juniper and Brocade (and Foundry). Challenged to manage a team of 5 persons to develop and manage cross sector accounts in Egypt/ Saudi Arabia countries.
• Responsible for the achievement of the pre-set quota for the entire company whether inside or outside Egypt.
• Recruiting and training sales staff.
• Supervising, motivating and monitoring team performance.
• Allocating areas to sales executives.
• Setting budgets/targets.
• Liaising with other line managers.
• Reporting back to senior managers.
• Liaising with customers.
• Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company's products and services.
• Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing.
April 2007 - Aug. 2007 ISS - Middle East (an IBM Company) ME Regional Sales Director
Challenged to manage a team of 17 persons (5 country managers, 10 technical pre-sales, 1 logistics and 1 renewals specialist), develop and manage cross sector accounts/partners in the Middle East region. Responsibilities include:
• Generating enterprise business opportunities and managing the sales process through to closure of the sale.
• Achievement of agreed quarterly sales goals.
• Generate a sales pipeline, qualifying opportunities, and accurately forecast pipeline.
• Evaluate business development plans, tailored to individual partners, to develop customer and company business.
• Create strong business relationships with current customers to add value, drive volume and distribution.
• Ensure the timely implementation of agreed business plans in outlet through liaising with marketing, country managers.
• Effective management of regional pre-sales teams.
• Determination of pricing structures discounts and terms with key accounts and on specific product lines.
Aug 2006 - March 2007 LogicaCMG - Middle East
Business Development Director
Challenged to develop and manage cross sector accounts in Egypt and the North African region. Responsibilities include:
• Dynamically develop the sales pipeline and sales channels for the region.
• Maintain and grow extensive customer contact and network.
• Execute sales and relation management activities in a high complexity/cost/risk environment.
• Manage multilevel sales processes.
• Identify and close new sales opportunities.
• Work with the consulting delivery team as required input into the marketing plan.
• Develop and drive vision for the business.
• Partner with senior-level client and agency executives.
• Set clear priorities.
• Manage to account revenue and profit targets.
• Able to initiate, execute and review contacts with members of the Decision Making Unit .
• Manage and negotiate contracts independently.
• Able to execute sales activities based on specific sales knowledge and business consulting competencies.
Apr. 98 – Aug. 2006 Fujitsu-Services - Egypt
Challenged to develop and manage banking sector accounts in Egypt and the Middle East region. Accomplishments include:
• Acquired a giant L.E. 51.5 million (US$ 8.3) contract to automate / computerize 850 branches of Principal Bank for Development and Agricultural Credit
(PBDAC) in August 2004; contract represents phase 2 of the project after Fujitsu Cairo has completed phase one, which covered 380 branches of the bank in seven governorates.
• Achieved the first deal for Fujitsu-Services Egypt with the National Bank of Egypt
(NBE) for “Item Processing System” project against IBM, NCR, Unisys and others.
• Established the relationship with NBE; that results making two forward orders to Fujitsu-Services Egypt within the year. In addition, Fujitsu-Services Egypt is considered in NBE as a preferred supplier for large projects.
• Added more than five new customers’ names to Fujitsu-Services Egypt customers list in two years.
• Acquired an $8.8 million deal in 1999, the biggest deal amount in ICL-Egypt’s history, as the first phase of a fixed price contract with the Principal Bank for Development and Agricultural Credit - PBDAC. PBDAC is the largest bank in Egypt from a geographical distribution perspective, with an expansion of more than 1000 locations all over the country. The deal consisted of automating the banking operations for 386 locations in a turnkey project including hardware, basic software, networking, database and an Integrated Banking Information System (IBIS) solution. Responsibilities on this project included writing the cost proposal and participating as a team leader in delivering the technical proposal. Managed the contract and followed up on the progress of the deal once it settled for ICL. Administered the amendments to the contract by issuing the necessary updates to the original proposal in the framework of the contract in order to ensure maximum efficiency of resource usage and customer satisfaction.
• Managed product pricing and delivery for fixed price contracts and proposals. Prepared the Profit and Loss (P&L) for all proposals and managed the project during its implementation to ensure the progress adheres to the contract. Negotiated the OEM suppliers for all proposals as well as ongoing projects.
• Orchestrated the company's active involvement into the banking sector sales for the Middle East Region, which resulted in an increase of the company’s market share for the banking information systems solution market segment in the region.
• Rated in a client survey as having an outstanding performance in enthusiastic client relations and in achieving highest customer satisfaction. Sep. 95 – Apr. 98 Future Systems (CA sole Partner) - Egypt Sales Manager
Accountable to develop and manage sales methodologies, marketing plans, sales projections, and sales recruitment. Worked with various size accounts in Egypt and the Middle East region. Accomplishments included:
• Negotiated a $450,000 one-year maintenance contract for the Egyptian Air Force’s CA- IDMS database with the Air Force staff and the procurement office of the American Embassy in Cairo under a USAID project.
• Introduced, for the first time in the country, the “Enterprise Systems Management Software” (CA-Unicenter) through an $80,000 deal to Cairo Bank, one of the largest four banks in Egypt.
• Established new sales’ methodology to ensure a good market penetration for the new Mother Company’s product line - Mid-range computers – into the Egyptian market.
• Developed the company’s marketing strategy targeted to promote the new line of products – the mid-range computers – to the branches located in Egypt of the major IT companies worldwide – e.g. IBM, ICL, NCR, SUN... etc. The marketing plan covered promotion budget, mass media used in the promotion, sales projections, sales quotas/targets and evaluation surveys for the affiliate companies and/or prospective distributors.
• Planned and administered sales and marketing budget and maintained sole profit/loss responsibility.
• Selected and contracted with local sub-agents to achieve nationwide market penetration. Negotiated business and legal aspects for reseller agreements with local distributors.
• Re-organized the company hierarchy and defined the job title and job description for each position. The company consisted of 25 employees distributed among 5 different levels in the organization structure.
• Developed a comprehensive training plan for the different job types of the organization structure. The plan’s goal was to improve the skills of the technical, sales, and administrative staff, each in their business-related needs.
• Recruited, trained, and managed sales staff.
Aug. 94 – Sep. 95 Triangle (Sun Microsystems Sole Partner) - Egypt Sector Sales Manager
Responsible for selling and marketing Sun solutions for the Oil and Gas sector in the local Egyptian market.
• Exceeded over 250% the 1995 sales target by acquiring a $1 million deal with the Gulf of Suez Petroleum Company (GUPCO). The deal consisted of selling 41 Sun workstations - an extraordinary achievement for the needs of the local market.
• Established a distribution channel with Schlumberger, this distribution channel is the first of its kind in the country. Managed the contract with Schlumberger and was able to achieve a $0.5 million in sales throughout the first year only.
• Acquired a $150,000 deal with the Egyptian General Petroleum Cooperation- EGPC, in a downsizing project connecting Sun Workstation to IBM VM9000 using ORACLE case tools.
Aug. 89 - July 94 ICL - Egypt
Senior Sales Executive
• Acquired a $600,000 deal selling MAX Manufacturing package for UNIX to “Societe General Egyptienne De Materiel Des Chemins De Fer” - SEMAF - (the sole train-cars manufacturer in Egypt). The implementation project lasted for two years.
• Succeeded in selling the HMS, Hospital Management System, package for the Egyptian Armed Forces Hospitals (6 hospitals). The deal was over $3 million for a project life span of 3 years.
• Acquired a $400,000 deal offering to replace the main frame of Cairo University to UNIX servers, in 1992.
• Acquired a $250,000 deal selling ICL Personal Computers to Ain Shams University’s Hospital, in 1993.
• Prepared the sales and marketing campaign for ICL to target business for the Arab Organization for Industrialization. The campaign culminated in a $1 million deal for 5 major factories selling MAX-manufacturing package. This deal resulted in making ICL-Egypt the sole supplier for this manufacturing package in the country for the year 1994.
• Produced the financial and technical proposal for the HIO - Health Insurance Organization - in 1992. The project consisted of automating 100 large size hospitals, 50 medium size hospitals with their pharmacies.
• Prepared the Profit and Loss P&L for all proposals and managed the progress of the project during its implementation to ensure its abidance by the contract and the proposal.
Dec. 87 – Aug. 89 Egyptian People’s Assembly - Egypt Electrical Engineer
• Managed a group of 15 technicians and engineers to maintain and follow up all the electric supplies and the air condition of all the organization buildings.
• Managed the purchasing and supply of all the equipment needed through writing and administering RFP’s.
• Re-designed a new cabling system for the main hall of the building. Education
• B. Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, May 1986. Visa
• Visa Status: - Permanent Resident valid till 10/14/2028. Professional Training
• Business Fundamentals and Business Management.
• Basic Selling Techniques.
• System Analysis & Design.
• Personal Communication & Negotiation Skills. Acquaintance with Sales Environment.
• Study Professional Sales.
• Advanced Sales Workshop.
• Sales Account Plans.
• Selling Services.
• Negotiating Techniques.
• Business Communications & Presentations.
• Participation in ISO 9000 Implementation in ICL-Egypt.
• ICL’s Product Line.
• Customer Care.
• Selling Solutions Workshop.
• SUN Microsystems’ Product Line.
• SUN Microsystems’ solutions in Oil & Gas Industry.
• Computer Associates’ Products Line.
• Fujitsu Computers Update.
• Oracle Product Features & Positioning.
• Customer Facing Account Planning Oracle Business Intelligence & Warehousing.
• Siebel Sales System.
• Fujitsu-Siemens Product Line.
• ICL’s new ways of selling.
• Customer Solution Life Cycle and Bid Review Process.
• ICL’s Selling Solutions Workshop.
• Fujitsu-Siemens Partners Qualifications Course “Prime Power & Storage”.
• Microsoft products’ range.
• Oracle Partners’ Induction Bootcamp (Technology overview & Strategic Sales).
• LogicaCMG Line of Business portfolios.
• LogicaCMG Account Planning session.
• HP basic training.
• Siebel CRM.
• HP BCS products training.
• HP ISS products training.
• HP Joint Business Plan.
Awards “The ICL Chief Executive’s Gold Excellence Award” in 1998 for the significant Achievement in acquiring the $8.8 million PBDAC deal. Sports
Professional Volleyball player. Played with the Egyptian National team from 1986 to 1990.
Member of the board of the Egyptian Volleyball Federation from 1996 to 2000.
Member of the board of the Egyptian Volleyball Federation from 2004 to 2008. Vice President of the
Egyptian Volleyball Federation from 2008 to 2012.
President of the Egyptian Volleyball Federation from 2017 to 2020.
Board Member of the Egyptian Olympic Committee 2017-2020. References Furnished upon request.