Mobile: (65) 974-88-947
13th May, 2019
Awards winning “Thought Leader and Rain-Maker” with vast industry experience. Highly accomplished in leading Sales Driven and Market Oriented organisations. Recognised repeatedly for delivering substantial wins and driving positive business outcomes. Proven aptitude to quickly analyze key business drivers and develop strategies to expand market share. I bring over 25 years of solid regional (Asia Pacific) success in managing diverse cross-border teams and businesses. I have held senior positions on both, the “Buy” (Fund Management) and “Sell-Side”
(Broking), as well as, with the leading (Tier One, Fortune Global 500) financial software
(Fintech) and technology vendors (Oracle Financial Technology, Nomura Financial Technology, Thomson Reuters / Tibco / Instinet, FIS / Sungard / GL Trade, Standard and Poors, Tullett Prebon).
I am noted for my abilities to inspire team performance, and for providing strong leadership and management. My other attributes include “A Never-Give-Up” attitude and an unwavering desire to exceed client’s expectations. I am also a firm believer in the need for constant innovation to stay ahead of the competition. I have, as such, always taken a keen stake in channeling valuable market intelligence / feedback to the product development team. I bring with me strong network within the financial industry throughout the Asia Pacific region. These include investment / fund management houses, brokerages, exchanges, banks and large global MNCs, as well as, with the major financial solution vendors through alliances. These relationships, at boardroom level right through to operations, were cultivated through the years from working with Oracle, Nomura, Reuters, Sungard / FIS, Standard and Poors, Tullett Prebon and from being in the market as a Portfolio / Fund Manager, Regional Head of Investment Research, Institutional Sales, Corporate Finance, and Business Development in a bank.
From the information in my resume, you will also notice that I am an active, motivated person and I will continue this aggressiveness and drive with your organisation. Sincerely,
Ian Tham 131 Bishan St 12. #12-211. Singapore (570131). Mobile (65) 97488947 email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/iantham/ Senior Sales Leader / Business Development Professional Cross-Functional Experience & Multi-Market Expertise Consummate visionary, Senior Executive with aggressive record of increasing sales, achieving market leadership and powering growth. Demonstrated domestic and international accomplishments in complex and demanding roles leading start-ups and growth organisations. Result-oriented with proven success in new market identification, strategic thinking and problem solving. Cultivated command presence and strong repertoire of cross-functional corporate knowledge and skills. Noted for ability to motivate performance, communicate strong messages, manage complex sales, nurture partnership, turnaround business units and deliver significant sales growth. Strengths include:
• Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking • • Direct Selling and Sales Management
• Strategy Formulation & Execution
• Presentation, Ability to Influence and Convince, Strong Communicator
• • Integration / Change Management
• Recruiting, Team Building, Staff Leadership,
Talent Acquisition and Retention
• Securing New Business / New Logos / New
• • Mentoring, Coaching and Motivation
• Contract Negotiation / Building Partnerships and Strategic Alliances, Teamwork
• • Customer Success / Account Management /
Business Retention / Solution & Consultative
Selling / Business Development
• Niche Market Identification and Product Positioning • • Fintech, BFSI (Banking, Financial Service & Insurance Industry)
• Time Management / Prioritizing, Multi-Tasking • • Articulate Communication and Relationship Building
Full suite of application solutions and professional services for the BFSI industry (Banking, Financial Services, Capital Markets and Insurance).
• Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence / AI (Cognitive Computing) including, NLP
(Natural Language Processing), Machine Learning (Supervised and Unsupervised) / Deep Learning, Knowledge Representation, Perception and Reasoning, Semantics and Ontology, BPA (Business Process Automation), RPA (Robotic Process Automation), KWA (Knowledge Work Automation)
• Wholesale / Investment Banking • Core Banking • Transactional Banking • Digital Banking
• Risk Management • ALM • Compliance • Regulatory Reporting • AML • KYC
• Blockchain • Cryptocurrency • Cloud Distributed Computing • Payments • Trade Finance
• Treasury • Electronic Trading • High Frequency Trading • FX • Fixed Income • Rates • Equities • Commodities and Energy • Derivatives • Futures and Options
• Asset / Fund Management • Wealth Management • Quant and Algorithmic Trading • Hedge Fund Management • Broking • Research • Insurance
• Business Intelligence • Big Data • Data Analytics / Warehousing • Cyber Security • e-Commerce • Digital Transformation
Ian ThamCFA 131 Bishan St 12, Suite 12-211 ● Singapore (570131)
+65 974 88 947 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT / MANGING DIRECTOR – GLOBAL IMPACT New-Business Rainmaker Driving Regional Launches & Rapid Profits Across Asia
#1 Go-To Revenue & Volume Generator for APAC
Multi-Lingual Senior-Sales leader with cultural acumen and multi-million dollar record throughout Asian territories – creating double digit revenue growth through unrelenting relationship cultivation among global corporations.
Trusted Advisor and C-suite relationship-builder instrumental in start-up and global expansion, generating over $1 billion in corporate income from multi-year and multi-solution deals with Mitsubishi UFJ, Mizuho, Govt of S’pore Investment Corp, Temasek, DBS, UBS, BoA, Barclay, CSFB, Schroders, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Aberdeen, Citi, Allianz, JP Morgan, BHP Billiton, Glencore, Cargill, Noble, Exchanges, Central Depositories, Clearing Houses (across Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, etc)
Primary APAC sales driver, creating high ROI relationship against well-established global competitors.
Career-long history of relocation throughout APAC, accelerating growth through personal on-site engagements.
Impactful schedule begins at 5am, includes keeping abreast on market movements, responding to overnight business developments, overseeing proposals and RFPs, engaging with clients, strategizing on account plans and competitive strategies.
Personally prospected and sold to over 5,000 institutions, 26,000 people of all professional levels from C-Level
(Chief Executives) earning trusted advisor relationship status to end-users, CTOs and CFOs. ENTERPRISE – LEVEL SALES WINS
Regional Growth (In Millions)
Dynamic Region-Wide Success
Brought Hong Kong and Singapore from
US $3m to US $45m in 4 years
Positioned Nomura Financial Solutions for high-dollar gains by forming strategic alliances, partnerships and networking with local associations and Chambers of Commerce
Sales By Customer Segment (in Millions)
Competitive, Multimillion-Dollar Deals Across APAC - Cultivated and secured US$45m+ in new accounts (Pefindo and Bank Central Asia in Indonesia, UBS and CSFB Singapore, Mongolia and Vietnam Exchange, etc), Ping An Group in China critical to the Asian build-up, preserving trusted advisor influence with C-Level contacts. Lift-out, Consultancy, BPO and Partnerships – Conceptualised and launched new services, solutions and products that solidified Nomura’s presence in Asia.
Aggressive Multi-Country Strategy – Opened up key relationships in Japan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mongolia and India crucial to diversified and unhindered long-term growth and broadening of my company’s footprint.
US $100m+ New Business Results – Record-breaking achievements throughout tenure in Senior Sales in region marked by high turnover, corporate takeovers, mergers and cut-throat competition
(eg $40m sales to SGX for OMS, $70m at Reuters for trading terminals). President's Club, Leadership and Innovation award recipient over 10 times in the various roles I have held and consistently the #1 or #2 business rep in the region and top 10% contributor globally. Peak Performing Teams – Repeated success in building, recruiting, coaching and mentoring sales teams with on-going performance reviews, cadence and account planning resulting in 18 out of 20 reps exceeding goals and achieving bonuses of up to $300K. Career Track Record - Sold over $550m in software licenses, trading platforms, market data, analytics; $350m in professional services, consultancy, BPO; $100m in brokerage commissions,
asset management income, corporate finance fees.
0 10 20 30 40
Asset / Wealth...
Corp / Govt Agencies
Oracle Corporation (Financial Services)
MD, Regional Head of JAPAC, Middle East, Africa, Australia / New Zealand (04/2016) - Present Formulate and lead the Sales and Strategy with full P&L accountability, including planning, global product management and software development priorities. Manage a team size of 800 headcounts. Direct all operations and services provisioned for the BFSI; Banks, Capital Markets, and Insurance domain.
Solutions offered include Banking, Blockchain, Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud, Payments, Trading, KYC, AML, Big Data, Regulatory Reporting, Risk, Compliance, Business Intelligence, BPM, Agile Methodology, Treasury, CRM, Cyber Security, etc. Oversee major business decisions and perform weekly financial cadence of company’s goals. I was recruited via a global search to spearhead the rebuilding of its Financial Services Business Unit. The departure of its flagship client Citi Group left a massive void resulting in over 80% decline in revenue from over $100m annually to $20m.
1. I turned around the business and manage the top-performing and only region globally to surpass quota. Penetrated new markets such as China and secured an annual booking of US$18.5m of new logos selling to Ping An Group of companies (banking, funds distribution, wealth management, payments, securities trading, insurance, trade financing, e-commerce, digitization, etc).
2. Opened up the Australian market for Oracle Digital Marketing Cloud yielding $3m in annual bookings.
3. Returned the region to profitability through strategic and efficient restructuring with margins of 35% for onsite services and 50% for off-shore support. 4. Build and executed business strategy that saw revenues doubled to $40m a year for territories under my charge.
Nomura Group, (Nomura Research Institute / Nomura Financial Solutions) Senior Managing Director – Asia ex-Japan (01/2011) to (03/2016) Globally ranked 9
largest Financial Technology solutions provider. Annual Group revenue $24b of which $4b from Financial Technologies.
I was Headhunted to Architect and Engineer a highly ambitious Global ex-Japan business with a 5-year target revenue growth of $100M.
Sold software solutions to Banks, Broker Dealers, Exchanges, Custodians and Asset / Wealth / Fund / Money Managers (Capital Markets).
1. President's Club award for growing ex-Japan business from $0 to $75M exceeding key milestones.
2. Introduced lift-out concept to clients; opening up new account opportunities by acquiring clients’ redundant resources, monetizing clients’ obsolete assets and selling scalable BPO services to banks.
3. Recruited and mentored a very junior and inexperience sales team with weekly guidance resulting in every sales rep exceeding their annual sales quota (lowest at 110% of quota and top performer exceeding 400% of quota).
4. Drove regional business through channel and alliance partnerships. Managed regional promotions and channel development for suite of client specific business applications incorporating banking, capital markets, front-to-back office trading platforms, consultancy, data- centre infrastructure management, enterprise risk management, with notable wins throughout Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Mongolia.
5. Structured a three-way business joint-venture between Nomura (financial technology), UBS and Citi to provide middle and back-office, clearing, asset servicing and custody services to Japanese broker-dealers expanding across the Asia Pacific region. 6. Won contracts to build and modernize the trading and post-trade life-cycle management infrastructure of the Mongolian broker / dealer community (first live client ResCap Securities). 7. Won contracts with the Vietnam Securities Depository to provide consultancy and technology to modernise its clearing and settlements operations. 8. Won contract to help develop and set up Credit Bureau for credit ratings and credit scoring system about individuals to banks and financing bodies with Indonesia's PT Pefindo (credit rating agency).
9. Drew up and put in place pricing strategies and contracts for the diverse Asian market space
(incorporating SaaS models, Pay-As-You-Go / Transaction Based, License, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Subscription) based on customer analytics, competitor analysis and market intelligence.
Sungard / GL Trade
Senior Vice President (01/2008) to (01/2011)
Drive corporate revenue for Electronic Trading solutions, encompassing market connectivity, Post-Trade Processing (Streams), Direct Market Access, FIX, OMS/EMS (Order Management System, Execution Management System), Trade Cost Analysis, Treasury / OTC Systems, Risk Management (enterprise, credit, liquidity, operational, ALM, etc) and market data. Asset classes covered include Futures and Options, Swaps, Structured Products, Commodities and Energy, exchange traded securities / derivatives and OTC.
1. Instrumental in complete transformation of underperforming division. From zero new Licenses sold in 2007, I planned and executed a Go-To-Market strategy in 2008 with dramatic results exceeding revenue targets by 150%. Exim Bank ($0.6m), Bangkok Bank ($2m), People’s Bank ($1m), Commercial Bank ($1m), PT Danareksa ($0.7m), Commercial Bank
($1m) and KPEI ($2m), Bank of South Pacific ($2.1m), OSK Securities ($1.8m). 2. Sold to Standard Chartered Private Bank a solution encompassing connectivity, collateralize trading and client management system valued at $1.5m, Bank of Ayudhya at $0.4m, Siam Commercial Bank at $0.6m, Bank of Papua New Guinea $1.3m, etc 3. Grew revenues from existing accounts by 18% by promoting upgrades, product enhancements, add on modules, training and dedicated professional services. 4. Lead the company to the dominant #1 application software provider in the securities market by revenue.
Tullett Prebon Yamane
Managing Director Electronic Trading & Information Sales (09/2005) to (01/2008) Leading global inter-dealer broker (by size) for institutional traded OTC instruments. These include CDS, IRS, Inflation Swaps, Fixed Income, FX Derivatives, FX Options / Volatilities, Commodities, Energy & Emissions, Money Markets, Treasury, Capital Markets, Equities and associated derivatives products (Forwards, Options, Swaps, Structured Products, etc). Bottom-line responsibilities for the Electronic Trading Platform (TradeBlade), information / data sales and operations for the Asian offices across Singapore, HK, Tokyo, KL, Seoul, Sydney, Mumbai, Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta and Shanghai. Started-up the Market Data acquisition and sales business to eradicate data leakages from in-house brokers across Asia. Major Accomplishments:
1. Awarded Chairman's Circle for global top sales performance in 2006 and 2007 with 320% over-achievement of targets
2. Spearheaded the development of Asian Emerging Market services, resulting in added revenue of more than $6M in just twelve months.
3. Build and sold the Asian and Emerging Markets information package to Reuters, Bloomberg and Thomson (enterprise deal) worth over US$3.5m in annual recurring income. 4. Assembled the AsianOptions and Volatility data from the regional offices across Asia and sold the data to SuperDerivatives for US$720,000 in annual recurring income. 5. Opened up completely untapped revenue source by pitching compliance solutions to support organisation's risk calculations and reporting obligations under mandates such as Basel II, UCITS III, MiFID, and IAS39 ensuring that we became the valued source for Risk Management and Portfolio Benchmarking applications, as well as, low latency direct feed to power algo trading
6. Clients sold to include regional / global Banks, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Big-Four auditing and consulting firms, market data and technology application vendors such as Algorithmics, Sungard (Reech), IDC (ComStock), S&P, Quick Corp, Yonhap, CQG, Factset, Jiji Press,Crisil, Limas, PT Infokom (Orientama), NextView, etc. StarMine (Reuters)
Executive VP, Head of Sales and Marketing – Asia Pacific (09/2004) to (09/2005) Provider of alpha generating profit-focused solutions, quantitative / algorithmic models / software
/ analytics to Funds / Hedge Funds / Asset Management (Buy-Side) and Brokerages (Sell-Side) globally.
1. I lead the Asian start-up to profitability within 12 months of operations surpassing quota and forecast by 350% (with operations in Tokyo, Sydney, HK and Singapore) and generating $4.5m in new revenue.
2. I designed, tailored and calibrated significantly more effective Asian offerings for Quantitative
(algorithmic execution trading models) and Qualitative Investment Models for clients (e.g. CitiGroup, HSBC, Dresdner, Axa Rosenberg, etc). These include earnings revision models
(measuring changes in Revenue, EBITDA, EPS and Brokers’ Recommendations), earnings quality models (measuring accruals, cash flow and operating efficiency) and intrinsic value. 3. Shaped and executed successful joint initiatives with the media, The South China Morning Post, The SingaporeBusiness Times, The Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, etc, to run the Asian Analyst Awards. This significantly boosted the profile of StarMine and lead to numerous successful business referrals and deals aiding my entire team's blockbuster performance.
4. Received multi-awards for Innovation, Top Sales Leader and a special 12-month management bonus.
5. Starmine sold the business to Reuters at a huge premium due in part to the high/rapid sales growth my team and I generated for Asia, as well as, huge potent pipelines with imminent closures. Other interested bidders included Bloomberg, Thomson, Factset, etc. Standard & Poors
Managing Director - Head of Sales, Client Services and Marketing (01/2003) to (09/2004) World’s foremost provider of real-time analytical / risk management solutions, independent investment research and analysis, credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, market data and valuations. I managed three regional offices (Singapore, HK and Tokyo) and a team of 30 staff. Responsible for recurring revenue in excess of US$30m with about 1000 accounts and 3900 clients spreading across 19 countries in the Asia Pacific region. Clients comprise predominantly of local and international banks, asset / fund management houses, brokerages, large global MNCs with treasury and investment operations.
1. Outdistanced the competition by providing impressive relationship development and problem solving acumen. Captured $5m in new business by attacking quality delivery issues that involved extensive on-site visits, problem solving and individualized service customization. 2. Reversed seven (7) straight years of negative sales trend and boosted gross sales 300% YOY. I developed new revenue streams such as desktop consultancy, market seminars, advisory, etc.
3. Successfully executed a regional Customer Care Program. Achieved 90% knowledge of the profile of all 3900 clients throughout Asia Pacific (19 countries) within 2 quarters. A defensive business strategy resulting in retention rate being the highest in 6 years since the Asian Financial Crisis.
4. Turned-around the business resulting in 140% returns on investment for stakeholders within a year. My division was purchased at US$15.5m by a management buyout, sold for US$37.5m to the parent of our arch business rival, Informa Group / MCM listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Reuters Asia Pte Ltd
Senior Managing Consultant, Solution Sales Specialist, Asia Pacific (01/2000) to (01/2003) Recruited as a "Change Agent" to head up the Equities Trading Domain and enhance Reuters suite of Equities trading solutions. Charged with cultivating a revenue-focused inside sales mentality across the entire organisation (e.g. technology engineers, customer trainers, product developers, etc).
1. Met and exceeded quota throughout my tenure; averaged more than $45m in annual team sales.
2. Sold over 1500 positions of Reuters 3000Xtra (premium trading desktop) with powerful real- time analytics
3. Sold the first TIBCO Mercury EQ (electronic broking solution) in Asia to DBS Securities
(US$1.3m), the first ROMS (order management) plus RITD (order routing) solution in Singapore to Ong and Company (US$1m) and Morgan Stanley (US$2m), Kondor+ (risk management) and KVar to Keppel Bank (US$1.6m). I also lead the sale of TIBCO Business Process Management software to DBS Bank (US$1.4m), expanded Reuters market share of Open Trading Room Solutions (Triarch) from 60% to over 90%. 4. Improved the success rate for high value solution sales wins (average $1.4m in size) from 1:12 to 4:10 by instituting SPIN Selling, Target Account Selling and Value Based Selling methodologies.
5. Achieved 186% of quota and positioned as the top #1 rep for new business generation. Individually brought in US$10m in annual sales.
6. Hold the record for generating the highest volume of new accounts company-wide. Awarded top honours #1 at the Asia Pacific Sales Conference and Challenge in 2001. 7. Hand-picked by global management to lead targeted regional sales campaigns, turnaround business units and coach the 300 strong regional sales teams across Asia. Guided sales team through complex contract negotiations and closing. 8. Transformed the poorest performing business unit company-wide into a top performer generating $60m sales and 25% margins. Regained control of the top-end of the market. Introduced new cost-effective solutions that enabled expansion into additional high potential markets.
(Co-Founder) Executive Director (04/1999) to (01/2000) US$30m startup e-commerce internet venture. Provides real-time actionable investment research, market data, analytics and transactional capabilities on regional equities, bonds, forex, and funds. Subsidiary of PanPacMedia (largest publisher) listed on the Singapore Exchange. Major Accomplishments:
1. Spearheaded highly charged Public Relations campaign (fund raising) targeted at investors resulting in 10-fold increase in our stock price (from S$0.19 to S$2.00 per share), greatly facilitating funding.
2. Achieved 140% of plan year-to-date revenue target within 2 nd
marketed the content and banner-ads to fund managers, banks, brokerages, fund distributors, and insurance houses.
3. Grew sales revenue from $0 to $4m in less than six months 4. Divested my shareholdings for $2.5m at the peak of the internet bubble (Nasdaq hit 5,132 on 03/2000).
Keppel Tat Lee Securities Pte Ltd. (now OCBC Bank) EVP - Regional Head of Institutional Sale, Dealing & Research (10/1995) to (04/1999) Bank-backed securities house providing broking, investment management, advisory and corporate finance services. Subsidiary of one of the largest banks in Singapore. Annual income from fees, advisory, commissions and corporate finance in excess of $100m. Major Accomplishments:
1. Honored by the Bank’s President for exceptional contribution in re-engineering the business operations and diversifying the brokerage revenue stream to include corporate finance, underwriting, private placements and advisory services. Made over $15m in fee income. 2. Exceeded target for new business generation by 138%. Brought in 50 new institutional clients including the largest sovereign fund (GSIC, Temasek, Singapore Pools, NTUC, Prudential, etc)
3. Grew margins 20% by reducing credit risk exposure. Initiated a watch-list of highly speculative Asian Equities (requiring clients to place upfront collateral for such risky transactions) resulting in bad debts being curtailed by over 40% in an irrationally euphoric market.
4. Initiated investment in an enterprise solution linking front, middle and back office operations. Significantly reduced costly errors from trading, freed up back-room staff to perform more value-added functions and provided greater management of risk. 5. Boosted profile of the organization by my frequent appearance on the financial media (CNN, AWSJ, CNBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, Dow Jones, etc).Invited frequently as Guest Host on CNBC’s Asia Squawk Box. Rated 3rd best Investment Analyst by AsiaMoney Analyst Awards.
Orix Investment Management
Vice President, Portfolio Management (10/1993) to (10/1995) I manage a portfolio of US$250m consisting of private equities (venture capital fund), portfolio of exchange traded securities, fixed income, forex, and cash. Negotiate and structure deals with privately held companies. Ensure favorable entry and exit terms for direct investments. Major Accomplishments:
1. I managed the top performing portfolio in the company and significantly outperformed the MSCI benchmark by 30% without taking on added risk. 2. Received award recognition from Lipper and Micropal for fund / portfolio performance. 3. Surpassed quota for approved deal closure (direct equity / venture capital investments). Overachieved sales objective by 135%. Outperformed the hurdle rate for required rate of return by 45%.
4. Identified, pursued, negotiated and closed six major direct investment deals worth over US$45m
5. Championed the investment and selection of a portfolio management and trading solution
(software) to facilitate accurate measurement of performance, risk (VAR, scenario analysis and stress testing), benchmarking, attribution, accounting, compliance and reporting, as well as, program trading.
First National Bank and Trust
Business Development Officer (04/1988) to (10/1993) Joined as a Management Trainee. I was trained in all aspects of the banking operations before settling into the Corporate Finance and the Syndications department. Source and secure domestic and international commercial borrowers. Perform creditworthy analysis, valuations, evaluation of corporate cash flows and numerous quantitative and qualitative analysis. Participate in standard accounting, the budgeting process, variance analysis, credit approval, management of bank balances and cash management.
1. Awarded "Most Valuable Employee" three (3) times for exemplary contributions to both, the bank's bottom-line and for significantly improving and streamlining business processes.
2. I uncovered opportunities to increase the degree of safe lending the bank engaged in while simultaneously increasing returns.
3. Exceeded target for loan origination by 126%.
4. I generated over US$11m in new business.
5. Developed statistical risk models for exposure and credit risk across lending, settlements, derivatives, counterparty exposures and credit derivatives. Tools applied include factor analysis, Monte Carlo (statistical sampling), statistical probability, binary trees, option models, yield curve analysis, etc. Developed credit derivative structures and pricing. 6. I worked closely with software developers and credit agencies to establish criteria and system interface for assessing credit time-lines, credit scoring, credit life cycle process and procedure management, safe lending, etc.
- Certified Investment Advisor
- MAS Licensed Dealer's Representative
- Leading the Effective Sales Force (Curriculum by Wharton Business School and Insead faculty). When people and resources are both scarce and expensive, every investment in the sales force must count http://executiveeducation.wharton.upenn.edu/open- enrollment/marketing-sales-programs/leading-effective-sales-force.cfm
- Value Based Selling applied in high-level multi-million dollar sales by selling value and utilising sales techniques that are consistent with the buyer’s profile
- SPIN Selling for complex sales (http://www.ebc.co.uk/clients/huthwaite.asp). Methodical science of selling by identifying Situation early to discover facts, understanding Problems to assess difficulties, bringing Implication to light to help customer see the consequences of their problems and Need-Payoff to help client focus attention on our solutions to their needs
- Target Account Selling (http://www.siebel.com/). Strategies in competitive sales such as attacking (Frontal, Flanking or Fragmentation) and positioning (Defend or Develop).
- Sun Tzu Art of War The adaptation of timeless military strategies to the business battlefield. Tactics for outwitting the competitors and winning deals.
- E-motion Selling fundamental concept that selling is a transference of emotions. To succeed, one needs to amplify the emotional joy of owning from the typical