College: VIT School of Law, Chennai
Contact Number: 767-***-****
Seeking a challenging and progressive career using my professional, skills and creative thinking to gain future exposure, strengths and Experiences to work as a Corporate Lawyer for a Firm. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
COLLEGE/SCHOOL QUALIFICATION CGPA/
VIT, School of Law Pursuing 5th year of the BA.LL.B (Hons.) 9.07 CGPA Course. (2014-19)
Sri Medha Junior College, Higher Senior Secondary (Class XII); MEC 93.7% Rajahmundry, A.P Andhra State Board. (2012-14)
Trips International School, Senior Secondary (Class X); Affiliated to 10.0 CGPA Rajahmundry, A.P CBSE Board. (2008-12)
COURSE INSTITUTION TIME PERIOD/
Company Secretary Course ICSI Foundation course cleared In 2017. Pursuing Executive (Module
2) by December 2019.
• Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and Co., Chennai [ Jan 6th 2019 – April 5th 2019]
• Researched on topics that include - Valuation Reports and Fairness Opinion of a Merger of an Unlisted and Listed Company on the Bombay Stock Exchange, Press Releases and Circulars on the FDI Policy 2018, MCA Compliance to AOC-4 and DIR 12, Issue and Allotment of Shares by a Circular Resolution, Compliance under the MSME Act, 2006, Issue of Shares to Promoters for consideration other than cash, HR Compliance for various states, Issue of shares under ESOP Scheme and sweat equity shares to a person resident outside India, Penalty for non-compliance under the Tamil Nadu Minimum Wages Act and other Tamil Nadu Labour Laws, FDI Position with regard to Security Services in India, Orders Passed in March 2019 by the Commercial Taxes and Registration, Orders passed by SEBI about the Closure of a Notional Trading Window during a Merger, Distressed Transactions, Provisions relating to Buy Back of Securities and Dividends and Guidelines on Trade Credit under RBI.
• Assisted in Drafting various Corporate Due Diligence Reports and assisted in proof reading various Shareholders Agreements, Share Subscription Agreements and Share Purchase Agreements between various entities.
• Samvad Partners, Hyderabad [May 1st 2018- June 1st 2018]
• Assisted in Drafted Title Diligence and Corporate Diligence Reports, Term-sheets, Investment Agreements, Audit Reports.
• Research on Symbolic Possession under the SARFAESI Act, Lands under SEZ in Telengana, Mens Rea in Regulatory Offences, Allotment of Land under TSCII.
• Reviewing the orders passed by the NCLT to study if the cases have been referred to mediation.
• Trilegal, Hyderabad [May 29th- June 24th 2017- 4 Weeks]
• Assisted in Drafting and Reviewing various Purchase Orders, Joint Venture Agreements, Sponsorship Agreements and Recruitment Agreements.
• Assisted in Drafting a Demerger Petition.
• Researched and drafted a Counter Affidavit in a Consumer Complaint.
• Researched on provisions of the Companies Act 2013, Companies (Compromise, Arrangement and Amalgamation) Rules 2016, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016, Foreign Exchange Regulation Act 1973 and other Commercial Laws.
• Assisted in Researching provisions of law for title due diligence of lands situated in Gujarat under the Land Revenue Code and the Gujarat Land Revenue Rules, 1972.
- Dua Associates,Hyderabad [December 1st - December 24th 2016 : 4 weeks]
• Researched on provisions relating to General Power of Attorney and Joint Development Agreements, Cases dealing with Consumer and Manufacturing Disputes, Arbitration and Reconciliation Act, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Stamps Act, Civil Procedure Code, Terrace Rights under the Common Area and other Commercial Laws.
- Juris Nexus, Bangalore [June 1st - June 30th 2016 : 4 Weeks]
• Research in various fields including Arbitration Act, Corporate Laws, Family Law, Consumer Act, Constitution Law and other Commercial Laws.
• Observed the proceedings of various courts that include High Court of Bangalore, Family Courts, Consumer Court, Mayo hall and Civil Court.
- Ravi.S and Associates (Senior Advocate in The High Court of Judicature for the State of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh), Hyderabad [ June 1st - June 15th 2015]
• Researched on various pertinent issues relating to Constitution of India, Corporate Laws, Civil Laws, Direct and Indirect Taxes, Arbitration and Conciliation Act and other Commercial Laws.
• Observed the proceedings and assisted in filing various documents in the High Court of Hyderabad.
- Mr. Prabhakar Rao ( Senior Advocate in The District Court of Rajahmundry) [ December 1st - December 24th 2015]
• Observed the court proceedings and understood the manner in which Civil cases proceed especially those relating to Property.
• Participated in the Moot Court Competition held by Modern Law College, Pune held on 13th January 2018.
• Runners Up in the Second National Sports Law Quiz held at DSNLU, Vishakhapatnam on 24th
• Received Meritorious Award for the year 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2018-2019 for being ranked among the top 10 students with a 9 CPGA.
• Organising head of the VITness Law Fest for 2 consecutive years 2015 and 2016.
• Worked as a Research Associate for LEX WARRIER, an online Law Journal for a year from 2014 to 2015.
CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS:
• Published a paper on ‘Safeguarding the Breach of Duty by Directors: An analysis of the Business Judgement Rule in India’ in the Corporate and Competition Law Review Vol.1, Issue 1, 2019 of Maharashtra National Law University.
• Presented a paper on ‘Scope of International Commercial Arbitration in India’ in the CARDS Seminar on Arbitration held at DSNLU, Vishakhapatnam from 22nd September -24th September 2017.
• Presented a paper in “The First National Seminar on Emerging trends of Corporate law” on the topic CSR: Norms and Challenges at NLU Orissa, on 21st and 22nd of October,2016
• Published a research paper on the topic “Narco Analysis” in a seminar held at VIT School of Law, under the heading of Law, Science and Technology. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
• Captain of the Women Throwball Team in VIT, from 2016- Present and participated in Various Sports Competitions in and around Chennai in various sports including Badminton, Throwball, Volleyball, Athletics.
• Head Organiser of the Vibrance Sports Fest 2016-2017.
• Trained in other sports including Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Swimming, Karate. PRE-UNIVERSITY ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Reached the Semi Finals in a Debate Competition conducted by ICAI Institute Chennai in 2013. STRENGTHS:
• Team player, Innovative, Good Orator, creative writer, Very inquisitive, Energetic and Enthusiastic person.