Manager / Technical Service / Continuous Improvement
Peachtree City, GA 30269
Print industry professional with a passion for Continuous Improvement, Technical, and color management. Let me share my passion with you. 29 years of experience in Flexographic and RotoGravure printing.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Customer Technical Service Representative
Sun Chemical - Atlanta, GA
2013 to April 2019
• Responsible for identifying the technical needs of my customer base and oversight of any technical activities related to these customers.
• Conduct technical service activities to support customer processes. Includes problem analysis, providing on-site support, and coordination of technical resources.
• Manage trial activities related to new business opportunities.
• Coordinate with sales and/or supply chain for ramp up of new products.
• Support product selection and fitness for use activities. In-Plant Manager
Graphic Packaging/Sun Chemical In-plant - Perry, GA March 2017 to March 2018
• Managed In-plant ink operation site at Graphic Packaging. 10 direct reports.
• Production, quality, reporting, safety, and training metrics.
• Performed mid-level sales functions.
• Advanced use of salesforce.com.
• Managed continuous improvement projects.
• Work with RSM to manage and grow sales.
• Provided pressroom troubleshooting and problem solving decisions. Ink Coordinator- Continuous Improvement / Special Projects Amcor Specialty Packaging Atlanta - Peachtree City, GA 1997 to 2013
• Responsible for managing all inks, coatings and solvents. 6 direct reports.
• Assist with pre-press and press-side customer approvals.
• Worked closely with graphics coordinator and customers during the pre-prod/proofing phase.
• Responsible for implementing and evaluating ink CI projects in the Americas group. For a list of CI projects, review my Linkedin profile.
• Coordinated the alignment process of all ink operations in the Americas group. Ink Technician
Printpack Inc - Atlanta, GA
January 1990 to March 1996
Responsible for supplying 4 six color and 2 eight color flexo presses with ink during a 12 hr shift..color matching/mixing.
Associate in Business Management
Chattahoochee Technical College - Dallas, GA
September 1996 to October 1997
High school or equivalent in General Degree
Pebblebrook High School - Mableton, GA
August 1982 to June 1986
Color Managemnet Software (6 years), Customer Support (6 years), Printers (10+ years), Ink management (10+ years), Color matching (10+ years), Coatings (10+ years), RotoGravure (10+ years), Flexography (10+ years), Continuous Improvement (10+ years), Lean Manufacturing (10+ years), Microsoft Office (10+ years)
Six Sigma Green Belt, Expert Rating License number 2477304 Kepner Tregoe
August 2013 to Present
Lean Manufacturing: An Overview and Live Simulation, Georgia Institute of Technology
May 2006 to Present
NPIRI Paste & Liquid Ink Module, Fox Valley Technical College July 2014 to Present
Management & Leadership Skills: Planning & Execution — Highly Proficient May 2019
Measures a candidate's ability to effectively plan and manage resources to accomplish organizational goals.
Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/tj29vbsf81rwvpln Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
View a list of my Continuous Improvement projects at my LinkedIn page. http://www.linkedin.com/in/ anthony-head-99b39023