WILLIAM R. ROGERS
Qualifications: Highly motivated and results-oriented business professional possessing exceptional communication skills. Definitive track record of consistently exceeding corporate goals through strategic planning, business expansion and persistent execution. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Maryland Higher Education Commission- Office of Student Financial Assistance April 2017-Present
- Provide day-to-day program administration for Career and Occupational Based grant and scholarship programs.
- Analyze and process a variety of documents to determine program eligibility. Analysis and processing must be in compliance with State law and Commission policies.
- Responsible for fielding calls and emails from students, parents and post-secondary institutions relating to over 21 State funded student financial aid programs.
- Maintain online student records, review award calculations and process award letters ensuring the award is posted to the correct institution.
Fortis Institute, Financial Aid Officer July 2014 to April 2017
- Provide services needed to assist students making application for all forms of student financial assistance.
- Deliver professional, patient needs analysis and financial aid information in a very high energy and stressful environment.
- Complete data entry in the FAME, NSLDS and Campus Vue data management systems.
- Perform verification and correction of financial aid application data.
- Conduct entrance and exit counseling for student and parent borrowers. Chesapeake AED Services, Account Manager April 2013 to April 2014
- Consult and educate commercial accounts on the needs and benefits of AED (defibrillators) Programs with daily phone and face-to-face contacts.
- Prepare and present proposals to influence new prospects and close.
- Developed customer relationships and gained trust to accomplish sales goals.
- Quickly learned company proprietary CRM system to compose proposals, manage prospects and track sales. Vets First Choice/VetCentric, Inc., Territory Manager December 2008 to March 2013
− Manage a seven state sales territory for the leading provider of home distribution of veterinary pharmacy medications with phone and in person contacts.
− Regularly top sales performer in meeting or exceeding sales quota.
− Responsible for implementation of new sales tool to increase revenue and efficiency for the company.
− Manage and maintain the company’s largest accounts.
− Guide clients through consultative selling to make the most effective decisions for their business to ensure optimal client satisfaction.
StoneLocator.com, Account Manager June 2007 to November 2008
− Account Manager for company that specializes in sales of natural stone products such as marble, granite, limestone, travertine, slate and mosaic, ceramic, porcelain, etc.
− Sold the largest account, Foxwoods Hotel, with large margin for high company profit.
− Steadily one of the highest revenue producers for the company.
− Provide and present detailed proposals for commercial and residential clients based on established requirements.
− Managed many thousand-client base for their tile needs. Executive Financial Services, Inc., Account Representative August 2000 to May 2007
− Earned first Top Gun sales award in the company.
− Consistently generate $15,000–20,000 in fees per month.
− Counsel clients, via face to face and phone conferences, concerning their mortgage and overall financial needs.
− Coach/train new loan officers on sales strategies, loan programs and underwriting.
− Assist with sales strategies for account executives. Fremont/Pacific Thrift and Loan, Account Representative June 1995 to July 2000
− Consistently surpassed quota and was in top 5% of sales team.
− Generate over $15,000 per month in fees.
− Counsel clients to determine personal financial goals to complete loan applications.
− Prepare and present correct loan programs after thorough credit analysis. This requires technical knowledge of all program guidelines.
Admiral Mortgage, Account Representative January 1992 to May 1995
− Constant top producer. Winner of Heavy Hitter award. MCI Telecommunications, Account Executive April 1984 to December 1991
− Received President’s Club sales award.
- Frostburg State University September 1977- May 1978
- Towson State University September 1978 - May 1979