M: +1-480-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/viren-bhanushali-cssgb https://github.com/vbhanush email@example.com SUMMARY: Industrial Engineering graduate, Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with internship experience in Manufacturing system, Inventory Management and Continuous Improvement and seeking full time position in May 2019. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ GPA: 3.13 May 2019 Specialization: Industrial Statistics & Manufacturing Engineering Areas: Lean Manufacturing, Advanced Quality Control, Stochastic Operation Research, Production systems, Supply Chain Modelling, Demand planning, Human Factor Ergonomics, TPS, WCM, Data Mining, Project Management, Economics Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering K J Somaiya College of Engineering, India GPA: 3.6 July 2017 Certification: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Process Improvement ISO 9001 Quality Management System Auditor Supply chain Specialization SAS Programming and Simulations Intro to SQL for Data Science Software: Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, MySQL, Minitab, JMP, Python, AMPL, SAS, Tableau, R, Outlook, MATLAB PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING INTERN – Project CURE, Tempe July 2018- April 2019
• Designed a Process flow, Value stream Map to analyze non-value adding operations in a Biomedical sorting process using Visio.
• Analyzed inventory capabilities and performed sensitivity analysis of safety stocks for 3000 SKUs with Expiry dates.
• Implemented Lean and Six sigma methodology to reduce the Lead time of inventory items by 30%
• Initiated a 2-Bin efficient inventory system in Warehouse, reducing overall inventory search time by 24%
• Executed 5S, Visual Management and Kanban system to improve Information flow on the shop floor.
• Led a Supply chain planning project, gathered and assessed supplier’s financial health, manufacturing capabilities, geographical location and quality status. Discussed potential risk and mitigations with suppliers for cost-reduction.
• Documented standard work and trained a group of volunteers to sort the Inventory boxes in most efficient manner. GRADUATE RESEARCH AIDE - Arizona State University Aug 2018 - Present
• Researched and analysed the dynamics of a Smart Manufacturing factory system Robotics NIST Data sets.
• Performed Data Manipulation, Exploratory data analysis to determine pattern using visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI.
• Developed Models to classify and predict the Health Index of the manufacturing part using R and JMP. MANUFACTURING DESIGN ENGINEER (NPI team) – Bharati Robotics Systems, India June 2016- Dec 2016
• Developed a product design of “INDUSTRIAL FLOOR CLEANING ROBOT” on SOLIDWORKS.
• Assisted in product engineering and Manufacturing process Development by PFMEA and GD&T techniques.
• Estimated Manufacturing cost, defined Time standards, monitored manufacturing data using Statistical Process control. INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING INTERN- Elmach packaging Limited, India Jan 2017 – April 2017
• Designed assembly drawings of Blister packaging machine components on AutoCAD NX
• Developed new manufacturing processes, determined routings, tool estimates and capital estimates for New product.
• Performed Equipment capability studies in SAS to determine ideal manufacturing process and production standards.
• Supported World Class Manufacturing principles in the production and trained operator in eliminating waste ideology. MECHANICAL INTERN- Bluestar India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, India June 2015- July 2015
• Extracted and Analyzed HVAC systems data from SAP and generated monthly reports for Key Performance Indicators.
• Assisted in the analyses of time study and ergonomic evaluations on an assembly line of Air conditioner Evaporator unit.
• Supported cycle checks and keeping the line speed of sheet stamping press for commercial Air conditioners.
• Created a Technical cost-benefit analysis report for make-vs-buy decisions using SAP, saving 4% of the cost ($125,000). ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Modeling and Analysis of Manufacturing Plant for Avanti Consultants
• Modeled the work flow, Machine layouts on excel using Single pass heuristics and Minimal WIP production theory.
• Designed the Facility layout plan, material and workspace for capacity planning to maximize efficiency of the plant.
• Created a report on financial analysis showing annual cost reduction by 9% on the total investment. Application in prediction of minority class in unbalanced data
• Performed Descriptive and Exploratory analysis, Pre-processed data using techniques like One hot encoding in Python
• Evaluated various algorithms like Logistic regression, XGBoost, SVM with Grid Search method to optimize their parameters.
• Models were evaluated based on Balanced error rate; Random forest model gave the best results with the accuracy of 80% Six Sigma and Process Analysis of a Car Bumper Manufacturing Facility
• Studied the plant layout and analysed the processing time of each operation using Time and motion study.
• Applied Monte Carlo Simulation, Variance Reduction and Advanced DES manufacturing modelling techniques on data.
• Simulated the Production process on ARENA to test effects of different defect rates on production rate. LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: Industrial Engineering Tutor at ASU, IISE Member, Organised Workshops on Robotics