Martha Noel Allen
Phone: 386-***-**** • Email: email@example.com
To obtain a position as an Electronic Medical Records Implementation Specialist with a reputable company, which will allow me to utilize and to advance my vast knowledge of Clinical and Information Technology skills.
• Five years of clinical experience as an Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery and Post Partum
• Six years of clinical, technical, and research experience at a large, fast paced, busy Obstetrics and Gynecology office
• Strong leadership qualities
• Outstanding time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
• Collaborates effectively with customers, patients, families, and medical staff
• Readily develops a rapport with customers, patients, families, staff and other health care professionals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Maintains critical thinking skills essential to providing competent and dignified patient care
• Hardworking and energetic with a positive attitude
• Flexible; adapts easily to change of environment and work schedules
• Highly competent with the use of computers and software, including multiple electronic health records systems
• Experience with MEDITECH Acute and Ambulatory, Athena Health, OB TraceVUE, Intergy, E-Clinical Works and OB TraceVue
• MEDITECH, Athenahealth and OB TraceVue Superuser and Trainer Education
Bachelors Degree in Science, Health Information Management Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah 84017
(September 2017- )
Bachelors Degree in Science, Nursing
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah 84017
(December 2012 - May 2014)
Associates Degree in Science, Nursing
Daytona State College, Daytona Beach Florida 32129
(August 2010 - May 2012) Graduated with Honors
MEDITECH, Inc. Minnetonka, Minnesota
Clinical Implementation Specialist February 2018 to April 2019
• Responsible for leading the training and installation of MEDITECH’s Ambulatory software.
• Performed clinical workflow analysis for implementing health care centers ambulatory software product and making informed recommendations regarding the most effective and efficient use of their product.
• Acted as the primary contact for clients throughout their implementation process.
• Responsible for communicating with staff members at all locations of MEDITECH across multiple MEDITECH applications.
• Provided customer service and troubleshooting assistance with application software issues.
• Responsible for working on a team with programmers to resolve any technical issues.
• Participated in working on group projects.
• Provided Electronic Health Record implementation guidance and support for contracted clients.
• Interacted with development staff and co-workers.
• Participated with processing requests for system enhancements or modifications to our software.
• Responsible for designing and maintaining application documentation.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining an online project tracking system, using Smartsheets.
• Organized and convened regular workgroup meetings throughout a sites implementation process to present and review project activities, establish deadlines and keep project on track. Med-Cert, INC. Telephonically, Florida
Maternity Case Management November 2016 to March 2017 Temporary telephonic position
• Responsible for telephonically assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating case management activities with members in order to evaluate the medical and disability needs of the member and to facilitate the member’s overall wellness.
• Ensuring a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long term goal completion, as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s overall wellness through integration.
• Responsible for working closely with newly pregnant patients that have identified risk factors.
• Responsible for providing services to minimize the impacts associated with these risk factors and to increase the family’s self-sufficiency.
• Duties including all aspects of education for a patient throughout their pregnancy to help prevent avoidable hospital visits.
• Education provided to patient throughout pregnancy; normal changes to be expected and advised patient to seek medical treatment for system they were concerning. Halifax Hospital Labor and Delivery Daytona Beach, Florida Registered Nurse, EMR Superuser, EMR Trainer July 2012 to June 2016
• Responsible for the care of the obstetrical patient during their antepartum, labor, and postpartum periods.
• Provided care for high-risk obstetrical patients.
• Acted as the patient’s advocate; assessed the patient’s status and notified the physician of clinical changes.
• Provided care and emotional support to patients and their families during the labor process, surgical and non-surgical deliveries and in their postpartum period.
• Monitored and interpreted fetal heart rate tracing. Initiated appropriate intervention based on interpretation of fetal heart tracing and contraction pattern. Placed IUPC’s (intrauterine pressure catheters), FSE’s (fetal scalp electrodes) independently.
• Administered high risk medications and assisted the health care provider in administering treatments and diagnostic tests.
• Circulated operating rooms during Cesarean Sections. Responsible for managing patient care activities in the operating room. Positioning the patient for surgery and performing surgical skin prep. Conducting and maintaining accurate records of counts and documentation of activities during the procedure. Dispensing supplies and medications sterilely onto the surgical field.
• Coordinated medical care with physicians, respiratory therapists, surgical technicians, anesthesiologists, NICU nurses and nursing staff.
• Triaged patients using assessment and clinical skills. Initiates appropriate interventions.
• Served as an unofficial Information technologist to all nurses and staff on my floor as needed.
• OB TraceVUE EMR Superuser / Trainer.
• Assisted all staff with two separate Go-Lives once updates were complete. Halifax Hospital Mother/Baby Daytona Beach, Florida Registered Nurse July 2012 to June 2016
• Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluating the care of mothers and their newborn after delivery through discharge.
• Carried out all physician orders effectively.
• Administered prescribed medications correctly and efficiently.
• Monitored vital signs.
• Provided post operative care for cesareans sections.
• Monitored patients to ensure they are recovering properly, both physically and emotionally.
• Assisted new mothers with physical and emotional needs immediately after their delivery through discharge.
• Educated new mothers and fathers on how to care for their infant, including instruction on but not limited to breastfeeding, bottle feeding, sleeping, safety, diaper changing, dressing and bathing.
• Monitored for various new born symptoms; ineffective thermoregulation, jaundice, weight loss, hypoglycemia, ineffective feedings and other health related problems.
• Contacted and worked with the Department of Children and Families and Case Management to ensure appropriate referrals and follow ups were made.
• Assisted with breastfeeding, including the emotional and physical aspects related to breastfeeding. Halifax OB/GYN and Associates Daytona Beach, Florida Medical Assistant, EMR Implementation Trainer October 2006 to March 2013
• Responsible for conducting classes for employees to implement the new EHR software. Assisted Athena Health associates with EMR implementation, training classes and troubleshooting problems as they arose thought out the months following.
• Responsible for assisting physicians with obstetric and gynecological care of patients ranging from adolescents through geriatric.
• Responsible for rooming patients; obtaining vital signs, medical history, surgical history, medications, allergies, laboratory results, diagnostic test results, operative note and pathology reports.
• Provided patients with the appropriate laboratory requisitions that included ordered tests with ICD-9 codes.
• Prepared new prescriptions for patients and authorized refill requests.
• Assisted physicians with in-office procedures; colposcopy, LEEP, ablation, hysteroscopy and circumcisions.
• Placed Foley catheters for postoperative patients.
• Collected, documented, and interpreted laboratory results for obstetrical patients and arranging the appropriate follow up based on results.
• Triaged patient’s phone calls and implemented the appropriate action. References
Dr. Pamela Carbiener
Daytona Beach, Florida
Lauren Bratten, RN, Supervisor
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
St, Paul, Minnesota
Jennifer Fry, RN
Port Orange, Florida