Engineering professional with over 10 years of experience in Aerospace Engineering. Result oriented and effective at working in multi-disciplinary teams and leading teams in a fast-paced project environment. Interested in opportunities in Project Management, Operations Management and Engineering Management. Education
Master of Business Administration - HEC Montreal, Montreal, June 2016
• Strategy, Finance, Project Management
Master of Engineering - Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN Dec 2008
• Major: Aircraft Structures
Master of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics - Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN Aug 2005
• Major: Design; Minor: Propulsion
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - South Gujarat University, Gujarat, India June 2001
• Major: Design
Supervisor, Methods– Bombardier Aerospace (Toronto, ON) Sept 2017 - Present Andon Shop Floor Support
• Lead a team of salaried and Unionized Methods employees supporting the Productions floor.
• Implement Functional Test Procedural instructions to production, aiming to ensure all systems are fully tested.
• Integrate manufacturing requirements and objectives, using an efficient First Article Inspection process to ensure all design change implementation in production will meet the manufacturing requirements.
• Integrate with the Change Management organization, provide adequate project schedule, allocation of resources and definition of tooling/processes to allow for a strong change implementation process in the manufacturing environment.
• Lead, coach, develop, and assess employees.
• Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Operations Unit plan.
• Participate in Achieving Excellence and Continuous Improvement activities.
• Utilize AES tools to ensure best practice in all deliverables and to implement opportunities to improve including those provided by the formation of the new multi-functional teams.
• Ensure the team is fully integrated into the Global Aircraft platform resulting in a one-team approach.
• Ensure the right resources are available to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule.
Project Coordinator-Global 7000/8000 – Bombardier Aerospace (Toronto, ON) Dec 2016 - Sept 2017 Aircraft Coordinator for Flight Test Vehicle 4
• Support the Global 7000 / 8000 FTV (Flight Test Vehicle) Readiness team governance.
• Prepare visibility of FTV Readiness Activities statements of work, project schedules, and status reports.
• Organize and chair reviews, key milestones meetings, and technical problem-solving meetings.
• Interface with other disciplines and divisions, as well as prepare presentations to management and personnel.
• Communication of urgent operations activities impacting the FAL, Escalations, Risks, Issues, etc. Weekly, Monthly visibility of progress.
• Harmonize governance processes between the Operations, Engineering and Program teams.
• Develop good working relationships with various departments within BA and with all suppliers. 2
Product Specialist Repair and Overhaul - Comtek Advanced Structures (Burlington, ON) Jan 2015 - Apr 2015 Aircraft Maintenance and Overhaul services for Bombardier CRJ
• Provided technical support and project oversight to Comtek Repair and Overhaul group.
• Created and maintained engineering drawings for repair of composites and metallic parts of the aircraft with DAO approval.
• Design Build and Testing of Tooling to be used for repairing aircraft parts.
• Created and formalized standard operating procedures for use of ovens for curing composites. Project Engineer - Apex Composites (Burlington, ON) Jul 2014 - Oct 2014 Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding of Aircraft composites
• Designed, planned and executed production of composite tanks using CATIA V5-6 R2013 and Solid Works 2013.
• Detailed Drawings as per ASME Y14.5-2009, of Tooling, Jigs and Fixtures used to build and test the tanks.
Design and Stress Analysis Engineer - Goken America (Columbus, OH) July 2013 - Jun 2014 Design and Engineering Services for Honda R&D Americas
• Designed and analyzed engine components and Chassis using CATIA V5, Elfini Structural Analysis and Generative Assembly Structural Analysis.
Design and Sustainability Engineer - Raisbeck Engineering (Seattle, WA) Dec 2012 - May 2013 Design and manufacture of Aircraft modification and enhancement kits for Learjet and Beechcraft
• Modelled aircraft parts made of sheet metal or composites in Pro-E 5.0/ Creo Elements.
• Helped with FAA- Request for Conformity for Flame Testing of Composite panels.
• Performed studies on aircraft lightning strikes to be used for Lightning compliance with FAA.
• Worked with Sustaining Engineering to close out on engineering request for existing product lines of Raisbeck Engineering Inc.
Design and Stress Engineer - Safran Engineering Services (Seattle, WA) Jan 2007 - Dec 2012 Design and manufacture of Aircraft Wire Harness and Installation kits for Boeing 787
• MRB TAG Engineer: Resolving MRB TAG by finding root cause of the issue. Providing design solution for airplanes under Final Assembly and Delivery and presenting Change Request to Boeing Change Board for creating Change order to provide partners with instructions to fix the issue for future assembly of airplane.
• SQUAWK Design Engineer: Resolving manufacturing and installation issues associated with Wire Harness by providing design level modifications.
• Electrical Corrective Action Designer (ECAT): Fixing wire installation and routing issues with short turnaround time during the assembly of Boeing 787. Extensive utilization of CATIA V5 Electrical Workbench, ENOVIA, IVT and BOGART.
• Boeing Certified Configuration Management Analyst (CMA).
• Stress Analysis: Received training in stress analysis of landing gears in France. Learned the basics of static and fatigue analysis using classical and FE tools. Project experience in using tools like ANSA for meshing, ABAQUS for stress calculations and nCODE for fatigue life calculation. Worked on landing gears for A318, A400M.
• Successfully lead a team of Boeing and Labinal engineers to close 160 open MRB tags for the wire harnesses installed on the aircraft. This allowed for DERs to certify the Boeing 787 aircraft for first flight. As the project in-charge I was allocated manpower to get the task accomplished in 10 days of Christmas vacation. Received commendation letter from management for successful planning and timely execution of the project.
• As part of the MBA capstone project, developed a financial product to serve the Fintech
/Crowdfunding market. The product was accepted and implemented by National Bank. 3
Relevant Course Work
§ Aircraft Design
§ Non-destructive testing and evaluation
§ Fatigue and Damage Tolerance
§ Mechanics of Composite Materials
§ Air Breathing Propulsion
§ Advanced Rocket Propulsion
§ Managing projects
§ Financial Management and Decisions
§ Strategy and internationalization
§ Global macroeconomics
§ Implementing Processes and Systems
Accreditations & Affiliations
• Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (Mechanical)/EIT April 2009.
• Member AIAA, ASME and PMI.
Language and relocation
• I am fluent in English. Available for travel and relocation within Canada and USA. References
• Available upon request.