DANA L. GORDON, MBA
firstname.lastname@example.org · 704-***-****· Mt. Holly, NC 28120
Highly skilled and accomplished executive with diverse experience in business development, service line operations, mergers and acquisitions, operations management, financial management, value based services, change management, short and long term strategic planning and project management. Adept in providing divisional direction, strategic management, development of new services and operations, revenue performance and enhancement strategies. Ability to achieve outstanding results, in challenging environments while building and maintaining strong local relations with physicians, clients, vendors and colleagues. Collaborative communicator continually focused on building relationships and promoting synergy across business lines to drive positive change, cohesive, comprehensive business approaches and enhanced profitability. Areas of Expertise include:
Service line development
Business Development Change Management Medicare Compliance
Public Affairs & Marketing Staff Training & Leadership Project Management
Budget Management Operations Management Public and Government Policy EXPERIENCE & NOTABLE CONTRIBUTIONS
CAROMONT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER · Gastonia, NC · 2017 - Present EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICE LINE
Provides leadership, vision, strategy, guidance and oversight to the Cardiovascular service line across the continuum of care (including ancillary services) in order to achieve quality, growth, financial, service and access goals. Seeks out smart growth opportunities, helps steer performance improvement initiatives, and identifies new profitable service lines that are supported by diligent analysis. Directly responsible to the Chief Operating Officer and for operations of departments reporting within this function
● Redesigned Physician and Advanced Care Practioners compensation model to be consistent and market competitive
● Lead for Hybrid Room to expand the services of the cardiac service line and other surgery offerings for the System including the recruitment of a Structural Cardiologist. Added TAVR, mitralclips and Watchman to procedures.
● Manages EP/Cath lab operations and staff, responsible for CVSS and INU departments
● Conducted complete assessment of existing satellite offices to improve care coordination, efficiency of sites and expand market share 2.4% in one FY
● Effective participant in improvement events to decrease length of stay, improve OR start times and overall lab scheduling to reduce facility costs and increase operational efficiency CAROLINAS HEALTH CARE SYSTEM · Charlotte, NC · 2011 - 2017 ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Leading the operations and business development teams of a multidiscipline health care delivery system in North and South Carolina. Managing five key distinctive areas including mergers and acquisitions, market development, practice operations, service line planning, value based services, primary care and medical specialty recruitment across the organization. Partner with Senior Executive team in all operations and strategic direction. Perform due diligence, financial analysis, compensation planning, strategic planning, aligning with the organizational goals. Spearhead strategic vision initiatives and plans that produce growth and record profitability in a competitive marketplace. Identify, research and execute alignment strategies. Facilitate employee buy-in of vision, value proposition and go-to-market strategies. KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
● Increased the service providers by 75, expanding the reach to 17 locations and added a new ambulatory surgery center (ASC), increasing the market share 10%. Achieved over $30 million in transactions and over $400 million ROI over a 5-year period.
● Improved care coordination and integrative systems of care services by collaborating with senior executives and physician leadership to build and plan Managed Service Offering (MSO) and a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN).
● Collaborated with HealthWorks, CHS’ sales team and promoted company contracts for service offerings including revenue cycle optimization, hospital system alignment and management opportunities. Focus of Value based services to explore other alignment opportunities with the System.
● Strong understanding of managed care payor negotiations to leverage business development opportunities
● Exceptional knowledge of the community, market competitors and marketing strategies NOVANT HEALTH · Charlotte, NC · 2000-2011
SENIOR DIRECTOR – GROWTH AND INTEGRATION
Directed day-to-day operational activities, led staff and management. Conducted improvement reviews covering operations systems, and service performances, and implemented HR strategies. Ensured compliance with government and regulatory bodies and organizational policies and procedures. Conducted periodic review and analysis to create benchmarks, monitor consistency, and identify areas for creating efficiencies. Developed appropriate training programs for all the employees on regulations, compliance, protocols and standard operating procedures and ensured their 100% participation. Introduced streamlined processes that enhanced reliability and contributed to improved services. KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
● Screened over 100 outpatient ambulatory practices and selected 60 acquisitions in NC, SC and VA. Instrumental in adding over 200 service providers to NMG.
● Directed the operations of multi-specialty practices at 15 locations. Oversaw financials, budgets, cost control, and process improvements. Improved service line opportunities to enhance care coordination, monitored and improved value and quality and enforced performance measurements. Mentored and supervised 20 direct report managers
● Collaborated with senior executives and physician leadership to improve care coordination and managed service offerings.
● Developed a successful business plan and selected a leading project management team, collaborated with the functional support team to transition practices into the medical group.
● Researched and analyzed data on operations, risk, regulatory and market intelligence reports, and advised the senior management on expansion opportunities and improving the market share.
● Managed budget, analyzed variances, improved workflow process, ensured compliance with local, state, federal laws, Medicare regulations, and the company policies and procedures.
● Managed the operations of two locations, 40 staff and 9 service providers. Accountable for daily operations, budgets, schedules, hiring, firing and training staff.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA Charlotte, NC
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration, Marketing APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY Boone, NC