Matthias (“Ty”) Beckmann
Lake Oswego, OR
I am looking for a new opportunity to apply my extensive strategic marketing, project management and corporate communications expertise in a company that values my broad and global experience. Value Statement
Self-starter. Collaborative. Entrepreneurial. Driven. Problem-solving. Attention to detail. Highly organized. A marketing executive who gets the job done. Summary of Qualifications
Experienced strategic marketing executive with proven track record in evangelizing ideas and positioning companies for growth in B2B and B2C markets, often with a global footprint. Excellent project manager. Deep issues management, content strategy and account-based marketing expertise. Broad skill set includes strategic counseling and hands-on support for executives, speech writing, communicating complex issues in simple terms, content development, positioning, primary/secondary research, email campaigns, demand generation, brand strategy, management of cross-functional teams, decision-making, project management, sales support including creation of online, video and print collateral, trade shows/event marketing, SEO, PR/AR, social media. Strategic thinker. Storyteller. Problem solver. Bridge builder. Global experience. Fluent in English and German. Gallup “Strengthsfinder 2.0” Talents Profile
Achiever Learner Responsibility Relator Individualization Professional Accomplishments and Experience
MARKETING CONSULTANT Lake Oswego, OR August 2017 — ongoing I am currently consulting with startups and a number of non-profit organizations on media relations, general marketing, community outreach, messaging and positioning. DIRECTOR, CORPORATE
Integral Development Corp.,
Palo Alto, CA
June 2009 — May 2017
Hired to inspire and lead an integrated marketing strategy at this Silicon Valley-based B2B SaaS company to increase visibility and produce leads through online and offline marketing campaigns, events, and social media initiatives in a highly competitive industry. Charged with establishing the CEO, other members of the executive team, and the company as thought leaders in its space, and with identifying a positioning that sustains growth.
● Through innovative digital marketing strategies, storytelling, and vision positioned the company as the cloud-computing leader for FX (“FX Cloud”), creating brand awareness for the firm
● Initiated and managed the company's trade show and event program from origination, to collateral development, negotiations, sales support and follow up. Worked closely with sales and product owners to ensure ROI targets were met. Matthias (“Ty”) Beckmann
email@example.com cell:415-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/matthiasbeckmann
● Track record of leading high-quality content marketing programs and initiatives, resulting in a significant contribution to the 10x growth of the business in 7 years
● Collaborated with HR and the CEO on internal communications and events
● Developed standards, workflows, frameworks and best practices for engaging with the media
● Managed all events and trade shows including placing the CEO on the agenda. Provided PowerPoint presentations, speeches, talking points.
● Created a PR program around key issues. Set up on and off-the-record interviews, provided talking points. Researched industry stats and facts in support of our position.
● Applied strong analytical skills, social media metrics, Google Analytics and Act-On data to measure impact and marketing KPIs in support of business solutions
● Ensured #1 page rankings for key Google search terms through effective SEO efforts
● Involved partner marketing initiatives to support trade shows and customer events FOUNDER Eye Heart This Brand, San Francisco May 2008 — June 2009 Launched my own marketing consultancy. Eye Heart This Brand is inspired by the belief that great brands capture the hearts and minds of their customers through great content, creating a meaningful bond.
SENIOR VP Context Marketing, Sausalito, CA July 2007 — April 2008 As a senior member of this marketing agency responsible for account and team management. DIRECTOR PR ZOOM Marketing, Palo Alto, CA April 1999 — Dec. 2006 Managed primary and secondary research for strategic positioning projects of close to 50 technology firms (B2B, B2C, mobile). Part of the team that presented findings to the client’s executive team. DIRECTOR, HEAD OF MEDIA
UBS AG, New York City and
February 1988 — June 1998
Worked in the corporate communications and marketing communications organization of one of the largest banks in the world at its dual headquarters in Switzerland, and on Wall Street.
● Supported three different CEOs of the Americas with talking points, speeches, and internal communication efforts as the company grew through mergers and acquisitions
● Managed communication for issues such as derivatives, and dormant accounts in Swiss Banks
● Conducted research for the Head of Public Affairs and wrote speeches about political themes Education
MA: Political Sciences, Minor: Economics, Albert Ludwigs University (Freiburg/Germany) Certified Consultant, Social Media Academy (Palo Alto, CA) Certificate of Marketing/Advertising, NYU of Continuing Education (New York, NY)