Sohaib Rashid mobile: +1-346-***-****
***** * ******** **. ******** TX 77477, USA email@example.com Profile: Drilling Engineer Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) & Complex Well Operations Solutions oriented engineer with 6 years of extensive experience in drilling & Intervention tool application, rig operations, well completion and drilling engineering. Extremely self-motivated and driven individual with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind set, applying a systems engineering approach to increase operational efficiency, solve problems and achieve objectives. Capabilities:- Digital twin well modelling, MSE – ROP Optimization, Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) and Complex Wells, Drilling optimization, Bottom hole assembly (BHA) design, Casing design, Drilling data analysis, Hydraulics optimization, Real-time operations center (RTOC), Torque & Drag analysis, Failure analysis, New product development, Project management.
• Drilling Optimization Engineering – As team lead, trained and supervised a team of four engineers. Developed standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for field operations. Implemented a driller’s road map for Anadarko in East Texas, by running downhole memory logging tools and analyzing post run drilling data to reduce drilling days on the subject wells. Implemented an automated closed loop drilling system at the well site for Conoco Phillips in the Eagle Ford, by running EMS, a measurement while drilling (MWD) tool on wired drill pipe. Performed real time optimization by analyzing trends in drilling parameters for early event detection and made recommendations to the customer. Improved bit performance, reduced ECD, improved BHA design, improved drilling efficiency, reduced NPT and significantly reduced Rig cost overhead. Drilling time on project #1 was cut by 47% at a savings of $426,000 to the customer. Drilling time on project #2 was cut by 32% at a savings of $352,000 to the customer.
• Drilling Performance Analysis – Performed multi-well drilling data analysis for Chesapeake in the Eagle ford, 8 3 4” hole size. Optimized power section selection for the downhole drilling motor on the subject wells. Drilling days were cut from fifteen to one and half with a one run curve-lateral on the last well of Pad #1, and from fourteen to four on the last well of Pad #2. Results were presented to the customer.
• Data Analytics – Designed and developed an interface in Spotfire, highlighting performance, operational and reliability indicators for quarterly review customer presentations. This enabled the customers to gage their performance for different power sections on a month to month and annual basis.
• QA/QC Investigation – Performed numerous service quality incident (SQI) investigations for different downhole tools. The process involved collection of all requisite data, discussion of the root cause analysis and recommendations to prevent recurrence. The findings were presented to the customer as a technical evaluation report. Response time to achieve a satisfactory resolution was cut from 22 to 7 days.
• New Product Development – Participated in the design, field testing and commercialization of a plug drill out roller cone bit for well intervention through coiled tubing. The bit lasted for a greater number of drill outs compared to the competitor, providing customers with a cost effective solution. Designed a power section for 12 1 4” vertical hole size for Occidental Petroleum, capable of handling additional differential pressure and generating more torque than the off-set. This enabled the drill bit to overcome reactive torque issues in Spreberry/Wolfcamp formations in the Permian.
• LinkedIn Published Article – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hydraulics-optimization-first-step-towards- improving-drilling-rashid/
Churchill Drilling Tools 11/03/2019 – 06/05/2019
Technical Account Manager
Managed sales and provided technical support for dart activated downhole tools. Area of focus was Gulf of Mexico Drilling, Completions and P&A operations.
eDrilling AS 29/10/2018 – 31/01/2019
Manager – Technical Services Americas
Successfully driving the win rate within assigned opportunities through the delivery of technical sales engagements. Performed Automated Monitoring Consulting Service for clients using eDrilling’s real-time monitoring software. Secure high customer satisfaction through first-line responsive and pro-active technical support to existing customers in Americas. The delivery of high-quality engagements around eDrilling’s products, tools and solutions. Operate software for customers with focus on system functionality. Prepare and set up training for customers.
PV Fluid Products 10/10/2016 – 30/06/2017
Applications Engineer – Downhole Drilling Motors
Responsible for troubleshooting and assisting customers in understanding the application and utilization of power sections and mud motors. Advise customers on technical issues that affect power sections and downhole motor performance. Deliver Customer specific product training. Conduct SQI root cause failure analysis by investigating unusual or unsatisfactory product performance and provide an evaluation report to customers on the findings and recommendations to reduce potential failures.
National Oilwell Varco 13/12/2010 – 05/06/2015
Field Engineer – Drilling Optimization
Performed wellsite (WellData/ WellData RT) monitoring and optimization by implementing NOVA tools and software applications (SoftSpeedII, TruDrill, Drill Shark etc.) Provided BHA and drill string recommendations to directional drillers and operators. Hydraulic mud motor power section selection based on hole size, hole temperature, hole pressure, well profile, drilling fluid, rock strength analysis, flow rate, torque output, RPMs and differential pressure. Assisted the sales force and customers with technical issues such as applications and training. Analyzed real-time and recorded-mode downhole data to understand inefficiencies in the drilling system to optimize drilling system performance. Remained available on-call 24/7. Technical Sales Engineer – Drill Bits
Performed rig site bit running operations and provide technical support to customers for various NOV DH drill bit
(roller cone & PDC) product lines. Drafted bit proposals as response to acquiring a bid for tenders. Performed analysis of data and report generation, presentation, follow up and closure with customers. Build a business plan and marketing strategies with sales personnel. Attended sales meetings with customers to support sales with drilling solutions opportunities.
Drilling Solutions Engineer – Well Intervention
Provided technical support to customers for coiled tubing & fishing tools to improve downhole performance. Ran Torque & Drag simulations in support of vibration mitigation tools to quantify friction reduction. Performed jar performance analysis for provision to customers in support of jar sales and rentals. Presented technical material on products to customers. Conduct QA/QC Checks in support of SQI root cause analysis for different tools. Education
• M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering by Research, UNSW, Australia. 28/7/2008 – 01/09/2010