Clinton, MA *****
“Applying my professional experience towards potentially new & vibrant opportunities” EDUCATION:Attending Mt. Wachusett Community College, Business Management Associate degree. High School Graduate.
CERTIFICATIONS: NIMS 100 Incident Command (FEMA). Current CPR/AED Certification, American Red Cross, Nursing Assistant Certification. Hearthstone Alzheimer Care, HHA & HHA III Certification. Operon Training Certifications for; Management Systems Orientation, Complying with CGMO Requirements, Terminology & Visual Defects, Work Instructions & Run Sheets and Work Ethics & Lean Six Sigma (5s & 7 Wastes). Certificate of Completion; Reasoning With Unreasonable People, Focus on Disorders of Emotional Regulation. SKILLS: Avid user of Microsoft products, including Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledgeable of Mass State Sanitary Housing Code Article II as well as Lead Hazards in housing. LANGUAGES: Fluent in English & Spanish.
Certified Nursing Assistant, Hallkeen Assisted Living, Clinton, MA 2017-Present
● Provide Support and participate with residents activities
● Assist with Self-Administer Medication Management (SAMM)
● Maintain daily log records and communication reports Certified Home Health Aide, Hearthstone Alzheimer Care Marlborough, MA 2016-2017
● Support residents with their ADL’s
● Prepare and provide meals
● Entertain with activities
Clerkship Administrator, Medical University of the Americas, Devens, MA 2011- 2014
● Coordinate scheduling for medical students rotation at various hospital sites throughout the USA and CA.
● Daily Student contact ensuring rotations, documents, and students schedule is updated.
● Run daily reports and queries to modify students schedule, rotations, and hospital locations
● Helped students set up electives at both affiliated and non-affiliated hospitals and Universities
Tenant Relocation Coordinator, Waltham Housing Authority, Waltham, MA 2006 – 2009
● Position Created due to my direct involvement & assistance in the release of renovation funds
● Liaison between housing authority and affected tenants. Responsible for communicating with tenants during all stages of renovation, including one-on-one meetings and arranging counseling for those who needed it.
● Reviewed renovation plans with individual tenants and made changes according to their specific needs.
● Set moving schedules and arranged all logistics, including contacting moving company, arranging transfer of utilities, providing additional packing help for handicapped tenants, etc. OLGA OLMEDO
2 Pine Street Ext
Clinton, MA 01510
Tenant Advocate Director, Waltham Alliance to Create Housing, Waltham, MA 2007- 2008
● Worked with homeless clients to teach them about available resources from HUD, DHCD (Dept of Housing and Community Dev) and Section 8. Assisted clients to obtain housing & necessary program referrals for them to qualify.
● Assisted with local Health Dept. on tenant housing issues that needed repairs under the State Sanitary Code.
● Conducted training workshops for tenants and landlords to explain the housing laws.
● Provided Spanish translation services to clients & attended court proceedings when necessary with local Health Dept.
● Participated in HUD and DHCD training programs to continue to understand the complexities of these programs and changes in the law as well as changes to the Mass. State Sanitary Code. Community Activist (Volunteer), Waltham, MA 2004 – 2009 Deplorable conditions in the low-income housing apartments led me to be an outspoken activist in their renovation. Responsible for driving the procurement, appropriation and release of state funds to renovate said apartments. Worked directly with multiple local and state agencies to achieve this. Direct discussions with Senator Kennedy, State Representative Stanley, and the Mayor of Waltham, Jeanette McCarthy to navigate the bureaucracies controlling these funds.
Facilitated media involvement (Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Jorge Quiroga from Channel Five and Univision) and arranged a tour of apartments with media and elected officials to expose poorly maintained housing conditions to the general public. This action led to expedited release of renovation funds to improve housing conditions. Organized residents, held meetings and formed a petition drive to deliver to the legislature. Held meetings with local realtors and Health Dept. to provide information to tenants & improves housing issues in the apartments they live in Separately, organized volunteers and with collaboration from Brandeis University, opened an after-school community center. Contacted the national Girl Scouts organization and formed a local troop to provide additional positive activities.
Girls scout leader, 2004.
Community Outreach Manager for Prospect Hill Tenants, 2004-present. Waltham Head Start, 2001-2003. Helped children at the center. Member of policy council. Board member of Commonwealth Tenants, Brighton. 1998-2000 United Tenants Association, Roxbury, 1984-1986. Board member for tenants’ rights on security, budget and Bilingual Spanish translator.
Waltham Celebration Committee: 2004-2010; Assisted and coordinated free community events for the city’s residents such as, July 4th, Easter Bunny event, Holiday lights on the common, Teen dances & Holiday food baskets REFERENCES: Gladly provided upon request.