Sheila Hathcock LPN
To secure a responsible career opportunity, where I can fully utilize my training and clinical skills, while making a significant contribution to the success of my employer.
Experience Atrium Healthcare System- Flow Manager LPN November 2015-Present
. Manage messages from patients and ensure they are routedt o the appropriate entity. Also as a flow manager I am responsible for sending messages from the patient to the appropriate provider as needed, then contacting the patient with the provider’s response if needed.
. Responsible for medication prior authorizations
. Monitor labs to ensure they are properly documented and sent to the providers as appropriate.
. Flow manager also receives forms to be completed such as FMLA, DMV, wellness and disability and should be competed within 5 business days
. Also responsible for ensuring daily patient flow/process is being maintained.
. As a flow manager it is imperative for me to collaborate and work with my team to ensure the patients have the best care and service at their scheduled appointment and with their ongoing communication after and between visits.
Sabea, LLC – Care Coordinator 2013 – November 2015
● Completes reassessments on clients following guidelines and submits reassessments to Registered Nurse for review and approvals.
● Performs medical and social reassessment of nursing facility intermediate level of care and appropriateness for community-based services for Medicaid recipients
● Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team including client’s physician.
● Extensive travel serving a large geographic area.
● Schedules appointments for face to face interviews with prospective clients at their residence, hospital, and long term facility.
● Conducts annual reassessments using the intermediate level of care criteria and the MDS-HC.
● Develops the comprehensive care plan.
● Reviews changes in CCP with assigned coordinator.
● Analyzes and interprets all medical, social information as compiled, and obtain addition information as needed.
● Assists with statistical data compilation
● Attends organizational meetings.
● Participates in interventions identified in the client’s disease management plan.
● Refers clients in need of protective services to appropriate agency.
Carolinas Healthcare System 1994 – 2012
Union Family Practice – LPN
● Records patient’s general condition. Take and record vital signs and patient’s height and weight.
● Assist physicians and mid-level providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
● Performs allergy shots and injections/immunizations, venipuncture, vital signs and approved laboratory tests as required.
● Assist with the collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
● Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, OSHA and CLIA standards and maintains CPR certification.
● Ensures that all ordered diagnostic tests are tracked and logged and that the physician is presented with test results for review and follow-up.
● Assist with patient inquiries for prescription refills, scheduling and referral authorizations as needed.
● Appropriately documents all patient care/interactions in patient medical record.
● Promote wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice and instructions.
● Responds quickly to patient medical status and initiates the emergency response system as necessary
● Routinely inspected all emergency medical equipment, diagnostic testing equipment and all other medical and surgical instruments and equipment to ensure they are being properly cleaned, maintained and in good working order.
● Clinical coordinator duties including, clinical staff scheduling, wrote up practice specific policies for physician review and sign off. Ensure all departments had coverage. Filled in if short staffed. Consulted with outside facilities, hospital, Health department, and CDC regarding infectious disease management.
Union Regional Medical Center 1992 – 1994
● Post up, chest tubes, sterile dressing changes.
● Staring IV fluids
● Colostomy care.
● Administered medications
● Transcribed physician orders.
High School Diploma 1981 West Stanly High School
General Education Nursing 1988 – 1990 Stanly Community College
Diploma in Nursing LPN 1990 – 1991 South Piedmont Community College
References available upon request