SUPPLY CHAIN SUMMARY
Disciplined, goal oriented professional with excellent solution expertise delivering products to market, balancing cost, service, and inventory investment. Abilities along the supply chain extend to sourcing, planning, buying and scheduling to achieve customer satisfaction, promoting excellent internal and external partnerships.
Aethon Inc., Pittsburgh, PA Buyer/Planner Nov 2018 - Present
• Purchase complex technical and engineering items, materials, and services. Responsible to qualify vendors, negotiate pricing, deliveries and ensure quality products are procured to meet company and customer requirements
• Negotiate requirements of electro-mechanical products in accordance with master schedule, and independent requisitions.
• Control inventory levels of assigned commodities inclusive of safety stock, reorder point, min-max and lead-time maintenance.
• Review vendor contracts and develop contracts and purchasing specs to protect our interests in our dealings with suppliers.
Ferro Corp., Washington, PA Buyer/Planner June 2017 – Jan 2018
Kelly Services Contractor
• Utilize SAP to plan & schedule glass production; purchase raw ingredients, packaging and semi-finished goods.
• Develop production plans to cover the S&OP based on demand, orders, inventory and stocking strategies.
• Guide schedulers to ensure alignment with the production plan within the planning time fence.
• Respond to customer order availability with realistic commitments based on capacity and raw material availability.
• Manage inventory against targets; support slow and aged inventory reduction processes.
Univar, Doraville, GA Buyer/Planner Sept 2015 – Jan 2017
• Plan the purchase/manufacture of bulk chemicals and related MRO for on-going inventory and sales initiatives.
• Utilize JDA to assess material availability and to schedule the flow of chemicals for customer orders.
• Implement material management strategies to optimize reorder points, safety stock, lead times and inventory.
• Issue PO’s in timely response to JDA MRP signals, emphasizing data accuracy and volatile price fluctuations.
Philips Home Healthcare, Murrysville, PA Senior Planner/Buyer Feb 2012 – Dec 2014
• Direct the flow of purchased finished goods, components for production, & related MRO materials & services.
• Utilize SAP PP module to achieve S&OP planning and buying objectives. Daily executed T-codes include: Exceptions; Assign & Process; PO Reporting; Pull List for Manufacturing; Portal Validity.
• Select vendor based on outcome of RFQ analysis; publish supplier agreement outlining price, quality specification and delivery expectations. Issue First Article PO’s for samples to inspect, ensuring conformance with agreements.
• Calculate & implement relevant material master inputs of lot sizing, lead times and safety stock levels to drive optimal ordering signals, preventing stock-outs & excess inventory. Implement purchasing protocol in response to MRP buying signals for components, finished goods, or indirect articles. Submit appropriate PO’s and track delivery progression into warehouse or to end users.
• Score vendor performance as to quality and delivery. Conduct monthly forecast accuracy review with sales and marketing. Lead cost savings projects, process improvements, & re-work opportunities.
• Disposition quality notifications; Resolve delivery & payable issues; Key in defining Purchasing Group procedures; Track inventory indicators of safety stock, days of inventory, lead time and shortages at weekly meeting.
Heinz Companies, Pittsburgh, PA Production, Planning, Inventory Control May 2000 – Jan 2012
• Manage 3rd-party vendor locations including monthly reconciliations to validate balance sheet accuracy & adherence to internal controls; lead physical inventory counting teams; purchase bottles, packaging, labels, and corrugate to transfer to vendor along with bulk ketchup and condiments; direct the production schedule and ultimate delivery timetable to Heinz DC’s to align with customer orders.
• Plan the production & distribution at factory and 3PL warehouse to DC’s. Monitor & adjust planning and schedules to demand.
• Plan & resolve issues related to capacity & human resources at tuna facilities. Part of team implementing SAP MM to control the flow of raw materials, packaging, and other resources needed to satisfy production requirements.
Education: Robert Morris University, Pittsburgh, PA, Bachelor Degree, Accounting Major
Computer Literacy: SAP / JDA / BPCS / UVX / Access / Excel / Word / PowerPoint / One Network Deployment
Military: United States Army, Fort Polk, LA, Finance and Accounting Clerk, Honorable Discharge