With over * years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, I have supported a complete system development life cycle environment and have worked on Oracle 12c, 11g, and 10g versions running on LINUX (red hat 5.9), Solaris 10 and Windows 2012 platforms. Research and analyze emerging Oracle database technologies, techniques, protocols and make recommendations.
AREA OF EXPERTY
Software Installation, configuration and Database creation. Performance & Tuning, Database backup/restore/duplication (cloning), Setup Patches/Upgrades, Advanced Features (12c Multitenant), Advanced Features (Data Guard), Advanced Features (RAC) and Oracle Golden Gate. Oracle Database Grid Control Support & Administration, Maintenance, Migration, Space Management, Database Monitoring, Database Security, Flash Back Technology, Troubleshooting, Database Designing, Documentation, Capacity Planning, cost base analyses, knowledge on Exadata, SQL Servers experience, PL/SQL and Shell Scripting knowledge.
Cardinal Health - Dublin, OH – Oracle DBA 2015-03 – Present
• DBA supporting major projects via Tech-Test environments, involving daily configuration, administration with database sizes range from 40GB to 2TB.
• Installed and configured 2 nodes Oracle 11gR2 RAC for production environment for High Availability, performed conversion of Single Node Instance to multi node RAC with ASM, and adding instance to existing RAC.
• Installed 12c Databases and upgraded from Oracle 10g RAC to 11g RAC. Built Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
• Played integral role in the configuration Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration, troubleshooting Golden Gate EXTRACT and REPLICATE issues.
• Implementation of 12c new features such as data redaction, pluggable databases, and the easy restore of table using RMAN
• Implemented backup and recovery procedures (Cold/Hot backups, RMAN Incremental backups & Import/Export).
• Performed proactive database maintenance procedures to ensure optimal performance and a 24x7 PROD and DEV database support and administration.
• Provided Oracle Database performance-tuning services to clients using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, AWR, ADDM and SQL TRACE. Scheduled database maintenance tasks such as tables/indexes analysis, indexes rebuild, materialized views refresh etc.
• Maintained DATA GUARD to provide high availability by implementing physical stand-by database and snapshot-standby.
• Applied Security Patching and Patch set updates (PSU) on Oracle databases and interim patches for various bug fixes on database products.
• Implemented and configured of Oracle Enterprise manager OEM 12C, Managed Users, Roles, privileges, profiles, schemas, SQL Advisor and monitoring database.
• Knowledge on PL/SQL to formulate procedures and functions. Created and Managed Primary Objects like Custom tables, Triggers, Views, indexes & Alerts.
SQL SERVER EXPERIENCE
•Control and monitor user access to databases and maintain database security •Experience in performing database upgrades for SQL Server databases
•Setup High-Availability as part Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases and migration on same platform.
• Proficiency with SQL Server backup and recovery techniques.
•Analyzing, integration and reporting of services
• Perform basic analysis to help in identifying and resolving performance issues
• Ability to develop key performance metrics.
•On-call rotation for troubleshooting on production SQL Server
Dell Inc - Providence, RI – Oracle DBA 2012-06 - 2015-02
• Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and Data pump utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
• Automated monitoring the databases, performance parameters, backup and recovery activities by running Cron jobs, reports for Quick Morning Check (QMC), automate routine DBA tasks of backups, space usage monitoring, move Archive Logs to different mount point when Archive Destination is full and resync RMAN catalog.
• Monitored and tuned long running jobs with the application development team, created or rebuilt indexes, query tuning using SQL TRACE, TKPROF, Explain Plan, TOAD.
• Performed troubleshooting of database using AWR and ADDM reports.
• Planned and implemented backup strategy using RMAN; Used CRONTAB and OEM to manage backup jobs. Used Flashback Technology with Guaranteed restore point.
• Performed Database replication from production to test/development environment Using RMAN, Data pump utilities and manually
• Responsible for network configuration and involved in a Client-Server environment using TNSnames, LISTENER, Net Configuration Assistant and other configuration files.
• Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
• Expertise in implementing data refreshes (database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
• Installed Oracle and grid software on standalone servers on ASM and file system.
• Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
• Check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentations. Made use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRS.
• Performed Failover and Switchover using Data Guard Broker and manually.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills and Documentation.
CAMBUILD Sarl: Yaounde Cameroon
2007 – 2011 Procurement Manager.
2005 – 2007 Procurement/Stock Associate.
WOOD INDUSTRY COMPANY SA: Yaounde Cameroon
2003-2005 Recovery/Accounts Associate.
2001-2003 Part Time Algebra and Statistic Tutor.
DIPLOMA IN TOWN PLANNING in project management
UNIVERSITY OF YAOUNDE 2010 – 2010
B.Sc. in ECONOMICS
UNIVERSITY OF BUEA 1997 - 2001
SQL Fundamental 12c
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) 12c
SCRUM MASTER Accredited Certification
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 12c
Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.9 and Windows 2012,
SOFTWARE/ APPLICATIONS/ TOOLS:
DBCA, DBUA, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Management Service (OMS), SQL Developer, TOAD, Exp/Imp, DataPump (expdp/impdp), SRVCTL, SQL*Plus, Recovery catalog, Autosys, Crontab, SSMS, Excel.
SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM, ASH, DBMS STATS, SQL tuning advisor, stakpack, SQL Access advisor, Ola Maintenance Solution, Sp_Blitz.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere in US
Language: Fluent in English and French