Colon S. Dudley, III
Former military professional seeks role in operations management with more than 26 years of senior-level leadership and management experience in facilities, operations, logistics, program management and training and development.
● Strong leader
● Project Management
● Operations Management
● Supply management
● Computer skills
● Global logistics distribution
● Environmental safety
● Weapons training
● Trained in security
● HAZMAT training
● CPR Training
● Emergency planning
Shippensburg University Pennsylvania Associates Degree: Occupational Therapy Assistant Fresenius Medical Care Florence, SC Certificate: Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Grantham University Lenexa, KS Associates Degree : Business Management Walmart Management Training Program Bentonville, AK Certificate: Business Management Work History
Franco Manufacturing Company Inc. - Shipping Leader Dillion, South Carolina 03/2015 - 03/2019
● Stayed up to date on freight and shipping practices and regulations.
● Kept team on-task and operating according to tight schedules.
● Maintained strong relationships with shipping carriers such as UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Target, and Kohls
● Maintained accurate stock records and schedules.
● Picked products for specific routes according to pick sheets.
● Supervised material flow, storage and global order fulfillment.
● Established long-term customer relationships through prompt and courteous service. Army National Guard - Lead Mechanic Darlington, South Carolina 03/2007 - 03/2015
● Overseen the ordering parts necessary for vehicle repairs and new installations.
● Promoted shop safety by working in a safe manner and leading by example.
● Monitored inventory and reordered items to be restocked for each job.
● Oversaw inventory, and equipment maintenance
● Conducted monthly safety meetings to ensure machine operation safety throughout the operation station.
● Communicated operational issues and changes to division command on a regular basis.
South East Express Inc - Operation Supervisor Timmonsville, SC 06/2004 - 02/2007
● Enforced regulatory and company policy compliance to improve workplace and employee safety and readiness.
● Led associate focus groups and meetings to obtain suggestions, address concerns or issues and foster positive relations among team members and management.
● Monitored supply chain and managed all logistics functions for company.
● Enhanced operational efficiency and reduced labor expenses by developing and optimizing standard practices.
● Oversaw daily shipping operations, including loading and unloading of outbound trailers, replenishing of pallets, inventory management and supervising the work of a 30-member team.
● Developed and implemented a high-quality work environment as measured through employee satisfaction ratings.
● Developed and deepened relationships with customers, vendors and internal stakeholders. Walmart - Manager Fredericksburg, Virginia 09/1998 - 05/2004
● Assisted in recruiting, hiring and training of team members.
● Handled inventories, cash and payroll procedures and managed controllable P&L line items.
● Exhibited excellent people skills during interaction with employees and customers.
● Implemented daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked and organized.
● Eased team transitions and new employee orientation through effective training and development.
● Maintained quality brand image exposure in alignment with corporate standards.
● Effectively allocated tasks during high-traffic times to keep operations running smoothly and employees focused.
● Strengthened existing customer relationships through extensive communication and proven marketing strategies. United States Marine Corps - Platoon Sergeant Quantico, VA 09/1992 - 08/1998
● Provided important advice on the planning and execution of deployment operations.
● Built a cohesive and successful team to support mission objectives.
● Managed the flow of tactical and technical information between commanders and enlisted personnel.
● Developed and led training programs in preparation for combat.
● Supported senior ranking officials in logistics decision making.