Elizabeth Sharp, BSN, RN, CPN
To work with excellent care, compassion and dedication as a registered nurse. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science in Nursing May 2015
Rutgers School of Nursing, New Brunswick, NJ
Nursing GPA: 3.71
High School Diploma June 2011
Academy of Allied Health and Science, Neptune, NJ
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Critical Care June 2017 – Present Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ
• Provided nursing care to critically ill, intubated, and unstable pediatric patients with complex diagnoses
• Assessed vigilantly for change in patient vital signs, lab values, fluid balance, neurological status, etc.
• Administered medication, chemotherapy, biotherapy, blood products, etc.
• Performed venipuncture, IV insertion, urinary catheterization, etc.
• Assisted in bedside procedures, including central line insertion, chest tube insertion, lumbar puncture and emergent intubation
• Cross-trained and frequently floated to pediatrics, NICU, and mother-baby Registered Nurse, General Pediatrics December 2015 – June 2017 Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ
• Provided nursing care to children and infants with varied diagnoses, including hematologic/oncologic, respiratory, neurological, endocrine, etc.
• Coordinated with multidisciplinary team to guide newly diagnosed oncology patients through induction phase chemotherapy
• Administered medication, chemotherapy, biotherapy, and blood products
• Safely accessed and cared for port-a-caths and central lines
• Inserted peripheral IVs and performed blood draws
• Monitored patient vital signs and intake/output
• Cross-trained and frequently floated to PICU, NICU, and mother-baby Patient Care Technician January 2015 – August 2015 Children’s Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
• Worked alongside physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists to provide care consistent with rehabilitation goals
• Assisted pediatric/adolescent patients in completion of activities of daily living
• Monitored patient vital signs and alerted registered nurse of any change in patient vital signs or status
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) August 2015 - Present New Jersey and New York State
BLS Provider (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS), Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider (APHON), Certified Pediatric Nurse (PNCB), IV Certification (NBIMC)
Designated Unit Preceptor - PICU May 2018 – Present Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ
Member, Pediatric Practice Council September 2016 – Present Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ
Staff Volunteer, Recreational Therapy Events January 2015 – August 2015 Children’s Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ