ACHAL DHOJ ADHIKARI
*** ****** **., *** *******, CA 90005
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA December 2016 MSCE Construction Engineering and Management
• 3.63 GPA
• Software – Primavera P6, On Screen Take-Off, Strategic Analysis Model, @Risk, Bluebeam
• Construction Accounting and Finance, Strategic Planning in Construction, Growth Hacking Institute of Engineering, Pulchowk Campus, Lalitpur, Nepal October 2013 Bachelors in Engineering, Civil Engineering, Major in Construction Management
• Overall – 65.55%, Major – 87.20%
Project Engineer – Wilshire Construction LP., Los Angeles, California Feb 2017- 685 S. Catalina St. Apartments – 120 units - $25M
• Perform all project services like RFIs, submittals and other document controls, estimation, scheduling, contract and scope management, meeting minutes and reports and any other contractual services as a GC
• Work closely with the owner’s team and buy out jobs and assist in contracts execution as an acting APM
• Work with Superintendent on site as an acting Asst. Superintendent to provide engineering and contractual solutions and oversee the day to day activities on site
• Estimate and take-off quantities on OST to work on change orders and bid analysis Construction Management Intern – Kennedy/Jenks Consultants, Pasadena, California May - Aug 2016
• Performed Project Scheduling controls using Primavera P6, cost estimation, progress payment assessments, cost assessments
• Supported document controls for Submittals, RFIs, change orders, contracts Head Office Civil Engineer - Union Hydropower Pvt. Ltd., Lalitpur, Nepal Mar - Aug 2015 Union Hydropower Pvt. Ltd. is the client company for the Midim Khola (Karapu) Hydropower Project of 3MW capacity.
• Oversaw contracts, specifications and agreements with contractors, consultants, bank consortia, suppliers and government offices to ensure their regular compliance for construction and avoid claims and disputes
• Assisted in effective compliance of construction schedule and construction budget at site and get periodic site progress reports
Civil Engineer - High Himalaya Hydro Construction Pvt. Ltd., Lalitpur, Nepal Nov 2013-Nov 2014 High Himalaya Hydro Construction Pvt. Ltd. is an ‘A’ Class and leading hydro civil construction company of Nepal.
• Led ‘Repair Works of Indrawati Hydropower Project’ as the Site Engineer for its major repair and rehabilitation (civil construction works like concreting, coffer dam, masonry walls, steel lining etc.)
• Prepared bid and tender documents and bid for new construction projects and performed rate analysis, scheduling, estimation, and research and report preparation VOLUNTEERING
Nepal Engineers’ Association April 2015
• Performed Rapid Visual Disaster Assessment of buildings around Kathmandu after the 7.9 Richter magnitude Nepal Earthquake of April 25 2015
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INFORMATION
• Soft Skills: Leadership, teamwork, strong work ethic, communication, analytic and research oriented.