Florence, AL 35630
Professional Operations Director with a strong record of success in building and leading companies and projects to maximize efficiency, productivity and continuous growth utilizing broad-based expertise. Organized, analytical, and thorough: can accommodate a very demanding schedule. Proven ability to develop productive relationships with people at all levels. Both flexible and versatile, a well-rounded performer committed to continued excellence. Strong interpersonal skills utilized to inspire, coach and motivate subordinates, volunteers and diverse client groups. Strengths include:
• Multi-Operations Executive/Sr. Management • Exceptional Leadership Abilities
• Staff & Management Training/HR
• Negotiate Property Acquisitions & Leases
• Project Management
• Excellent Business “Start-Up” Skills
• Budget & Financial Projection Experience • Sales/Marketing/Contract Negotiations
• Strategic & Business Planning • Purchasing/Cost Reduction
• Client Relations • Excellent Oral/Written/Communication Skills PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
SEVAN MULTI-SITE SOLUTIONS – DOWNERS GROVE, ILLINOIS 2017 – 2019 Project Manager
Responsible for executing project management of assigned multi-site construction projects ensuring that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frames and budget parameters:
Management of multiple major remodel projects to include pre-construction activities, scoping, budgeting, due diligence, stakeholder engagement and permit management.
Performed standard construction management duties including scheduling, change management, job site inspections, punch walks, and project closeouts.
BARNHART CRANE & RIGGING COMPANY – Memphis, Tennessee 2015 – 2017 Recruiting Director
Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process at Barnhart to include the following:
Manage the daily recruitment activities of three direct reports in the recruiting department.
Accurately evaluate staffing requirements at the Branch Service Center in Memphis and the 47 branch locations to determine recruitment strategies and drive the assessment and selection process.
Cultivate a pipeline of strong talent to seamlessly fill sudden openings and expansion opportunities for the company.
Maintain awareness of current trends and innovative recruitment strategies to consistently locate and hire the best possible candidates.
FB SCIENCES, Collierville, TN
2007 - 2014
Director of Operations
Assisted the CFO/COO on the establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations of the company. Managed production, product distribution, customer service, office personnel, and the IT Department.
• Established procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality, reliability and safety.
• Improved the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission-specifically provided support to the betterment of management reporting, information flow/management, business processes and organizational planning.
• Promoted companywide improvement efforts.
• Assisted with the establishment and maintenance of the corporate operational manuals as required.
• Liaison to external parties relating to procurement of services and materials relating to the company’s products and services.
• Developed and established policies and procedures for the effective operations of the production facility.
• Set up and managed MRP system for production scheduling and raw material procurement.
• Regularly conferred with necessary parties to reduce, maintain and manage inventory.
• Assisted with budgets and goal setting for the company. BARNHART CRANE & RIGGING COMPANY, Memphis, TN
1997 - 2007
Regional Director of Operations/Corporate Recruiter/Director of Facilities Responsible for providing counsel, access to corporate support, and accountability for the branches represented. Connected individual branches with specific market requirements with the larger company to incorporate common values and programs for success in growth nationally.
• Communicated Company values and supported Company initiatives.
• Promoted Safety Programs and was on the management team that gained ISO certification for Barnhart.
• Established HR Department while serving as Corporate Recruiter and Director of Facilities.
• Negotiated Real Estate acquisitions and property leases for new branch locations.
• Project Manager for the acquisition, build out and relocation of Barnhart’s Corporate headquarters to their new 90 acre Main Branch facility in Memphis, TN.
• Fund Administrator for the Grove Group (Barnhart’s philanthropic giving program). NETWORK OF INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS, Memphis, TN 1995 -1997
Director of Operations & Development
Oversaw daily activities at the headquarters office providing logistical support and teacher recruitment for nine international schools located overseas. Created teacher recruitment programs and advertising programs.
• Travelled globally to identify, evaluate and develop new school opportunities. SNELLING PERSONNEL SERVICES, Memphis, TN
1986 - 1995
Owner/Manager 1990 - 1995
Purchased and directed two personnel service franchises providing permanent placement and temporary staffing services.
• Ignited grown from 900 temporary hours per week to 10,000 hours per week by building a top performing team that regularly earned national recognition in the Snelling Personnel system.
• Elected by Snelling franchisees to serve as their representative on Snelling’s National Executive Council. Senior Vice President of Franchise Support – Dallas, TX 1986 - 1990 Fueled success and growth of 220 franchised personnel service operations in the central U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Hired, trained and managed nine Area Vice Presidents. Served on Snelling’s executive management committee. Evaluated new prospective franchisees and assisted in office site selections.
• Contributed to the development of new sales and operations manuals for the franchise system.
• Created and implemented sales and marketing programs used by all locations. EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Arts Degree – History
UT Football Letterman