Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Executive Leadership • Sales Management • Client Relationships Summary
An impassioned and results driven leader with a focus on developing business strategies that produced annual revenues exceeding $100M. Devised and implemented comprehensive sales strategies resulting in numerous Fortune 1000 multi-million dollar national contract awards. Responsibilities encompassed sales and regional management throughout California, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest. Expert in coaching, mentoring and developing teams to achieve their potential and exceed budgeted financial goals.
Strategic Planning and Solutions • Progressive Sales Management • Account Development Client Relations • P&L Management • Budget Planning • Business Process Analysis Performance Metrics • Talent Development • Empowering & Motivating Leadership Career Highlights
The leader in innovative workforce solutions with more than 3000 offices in 80 countries across the world, Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent staffing solutions to enhance business agility and competitiveness.
Regional Director October 2011-October 2017
Southern California/Hawaii Region
Executive Leadership and Sales Management for Southern California and Hawaii. Responsible for the development and profitability of 11 branch operations. Accountable for sales & marketing, client delivery solutions, recruiting, and human resource functions. Established both long and short-term approach in business planning by defining sales strategy, tactics and results. Accomplishments:
• Crafted sales and marketing strategy while driving delivery methods to exceed year over year revenue growth objectives for 4 consecutive years.
• Region’s revenue contribution ranked in top 20 percentile each year.
• Assumed leadership of the Los Angeles area operation and the acquired Inland Empire franchise offices and restored profitability in minimum time.
• Responsible for leading recovery of underperforming Orange County offices to improve profits in excess of $1M annually.
• Increased sales for region by 28% in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
• Leadership & Sales Team members recognized at annual Top Performer/Circle of Stars event for 5 consecutive years.
• Implemented customer service program with metric results achieving an overall client satisfaction rankling of 9.2 in 2017.
Carol Schenk, p. 2
Volt Workforce Solutions
Division of Volt Information Sciences, a Fortune 1000 company with $2.4 billion in annual revenue and 3500 employees providing talent recruitment and professional search at 200+ global offices. Vice President / Regional Vice President November 1997– February 2011 Oregon/SW Washington Region
Northern California Region
Central California & Northern LA Area Region
Executive Leadership and Business Management for up to 16 locations and 5 Managed Programs throughout Northern & Central California, Oregon and Southwest Washington with revenue of $100M. Responsible for strategic planning and hands-on management in all areas supporting business development, service and delivery, operations and financial returns for 3 regions. Organization included over 125 full time regular employees with 3 Regional Managers, 1 Area Manager, and 16 Account Managers.
• Crafted 2009 financial recovery strategy while driving business development methods to accomplish mid- to long-range goals in both sales and profits.
• Produced year over year profit growth of $1.8M in Fiscal Year 2010.
• Launched new Technical, Engineering & IT operation in April 2010 which achieved profitability from Month One forward.
• In late 2009, secured a national, multi-million dollar contract award for Central California location.
• Hired, trained and managed sales team that exceeded F/Y 2010 projected revenue growth by 138%.
• Implemented Recruiter performance metrics with 88% of staff exceeding expectations and leading the division in fiscal year 2010.
• Devised comprehensive strategies that produced division leading profits from 2006 through 2008,
• Directed service and delivery for the Administrative & Light Industrial division's #1 client with headcount exceeding 1000 contingent employees each week. Staffing ramps required 100-300 new placements in any given week.
• Responsible for the division's #1 Accounting & Finance Specialty branch from 2006 through 2008.
• Led the division's #1 Direct Placement Delivery team from 2005 through 2008.
• Spearheaded $50M Managed Service Program opportunity with potential of over 15 client locations nationwide. Received contract award in early 2009.
• Designated Account Manager for Top 10 client. Responsible for National Program implementation including, contract negotiations, staffing for 3 on-site locations and vendor management. In less than 6 months expanded client partnership to 5 additional markets serviced by competition. Consistently achieved 92-95% client satisfaction in quarterly business reviews.
• Reduced cost of resources by aggressively managing workers compensation and SUI claims resulting in annual savings to region of over $1M.
• In conjunction with responsibilities as Vice President, served on numerous taskforces chartered to create and implement companywide sales training initiatives. Corporate Director, New Markets August 1994 – October 1997 Led corporate expansion initiative by opening 9 start-up locations throughout the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast markets. Accountable for business development, talent acquisition, recruiting & training, operations and human resource functions for the region. Established both long- and short-term approach to building external and internal talent pipeline by defining sales strategy and operational expectations. Position required extensive travel.
• Anchored Presentation Team for Fortune 100 client. Upon contract award directed program implementation effort while simultaneously opening 3 new offices to support new contract. Partnered with key client contacts to establish and ensure mission critical initiatives were on target. Hired, trained and coached new personnel.
Carol Schenk, p.3
Six Sigma Champion Certification • Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling Neil Rackham SPIN Selling Techniques • Fierce Conversations Professional Selling Skills /Achieve Global • Max Sachs Sales Training References furnished upon request