Julyn P. Laforest Consumer Loan Officer
email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/julyn-laforest-227a457
610-***-**** • Mt. Bethel, PA 18343
Well-organized professional with 12 years of experience in banking operations and loan processing. Expertise in evaluating creditworthiness, determining appropriate financing options, and processing and underwriting loans. Adept at explaining complex information in easily understandable language. Detail-oriented, skilled at reviewing all documentation for accuracy and compliance with internal and external policies and requirements. Articulate communicator, facilitating operations by addressing and resolving diverse internal and customer issues, effectively switching between either large-scale or detail-oriented approaches to achieve success. Software proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, Meridian Link (Opening Act), Episys, MGICS. Areas of Expertise include:
Loan Origination Credit Analysis Underwriting
Risk Management . Relationship Building Regulatory Requirements
Consumer Lending Staff Training Documentation Processing
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified- May 2019
FIRST COMMONWEALTH FEDERAL CREDIT UNION • Bethlehem, PA • 2007 to Present
CONSUMER LOAN OFFICER (2010 to Present)
Review, process, and underwrite consumer loans, including indirect and direct auto, credit card, and unsecured personal loans. Liaise effectively with applicants, evaluating credit worthiness, explaining credit policies, and gathering all information necessary for successful loan submission. Source loan alternatives if original requests are not feasible. Continually update job knowledge on types of loans and financial services. Conduct detailed investigations of potential fraud.
• Assemble all required documentation for processing and underwriting each transaction, determining all applicable ratios and metrics and set up repayment plans.
• Reject or approve loans based on credit worthiness, explaining deficiencies to clients, issuing checks as appropriate, or forwarding applications.
• Verify applicant income, employment history, and closing funds.
• Train new account specialists in generalized lending procedures, credit union standards and policies, and regulatory requirements.
CONSUMER LOAN PROCESSOR (2009 to 2010)
Performed initial appraisals of automobile loans, providing support to loan officers and member service representatives by analyzing and appraising loan applicants. Managed all insurance documentation for existing automobile loans. Processed loan documents in compliance with auditing standards, disbursing indirect loans as required. Researched title history.
• Investigated and assumed additional work responsibilities, including collateral protection insurance processing and payment protection claims.
• Forged trusting relationships with applicants and indirect dealers, suggesting alternate channels as needed and cross-selling products and services.
SUPPORT SERVICES CLERK (2007 to 2009)
Researched and responded accurately to customer needs, troubleshooting and resolving account issues. Managed daily operations, streamlining customer service processes. Maintain records, collecting and analyzing information, working collaboratively with peers and supervisors regarding account activity and daily operations. Earned outstanding performance evaluations.
• Provided recommendations and solutions to improve member services and enhance internal communication systems.
Additional experience includes positions as Buyer, Assistant Inventory Manager, Customer Service Representative, and Contract Specialist.
Education & Training
Coursework in Office Administration
NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE Bethlehem, PA
Relevant Coursework: Trends in Office Automation, Word Processing Applications, Documentation, Microsoft Office Software Applications, Modern Office Procedures, Keyboarding, Real Estate Law
CURRENTLY ATTENDING PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
Will be completing bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Financial Analysis in 2023