Jeffrey A Pratt
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
● Over 10 years of high-end experience as a Lead and sous chef in a variety of professional setting
● Creative knowledge in fine dining and specialized cuisines.
● Solid at multitasking in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
● Able to maintain professional working relationships with staff, supervisors and customers.
● Excellent grasp of safe food handling procedures. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Cook 1/Lead Cook Sous
● Seasoned food according to standard recipes as well as using personal judgment and experience to prepare special items.
● Ensured freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, as well as rotating stock.
● Weighed, measured, and mixed ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
● Observed and tested foods to determine if cooked sufficiently.
● Inspected and cleaned food preparation areas including equipment and work surfaces in order to ensure both safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
● Inspected supplies, equipment, and work areas to meet established restaurant guidelines.
● Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, carving stations, bartending, running food during events, buffets, plated, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards.
Waldorf Astoria, Beverly Hills, CA
Lead/ First Cook May 2017 – November
Lead /First Cook Team Leader
SpaceX Hawthorne, CA September 2015 to April 2017
Lead Cook/ Sous chef
Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA September 2006 to August 2015 Cook I/Jr Sous Chef
Hotel Diamond, Chico, CA August 2003 to August 2006 Lead Line Cook
Boca West Country Club, Boca Raton, FL. January 2000 to July 2003 Jr Sous/Lead Cook
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA
Management Training Program
Culinary Staffing, Los Angeles, CA
Broward County Community College, Davie, FL
Associate of Arts Degree in Culinary and Business