Sandra M Deaner
Solutions driven and multi-tasking Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. Experience in process improvements and, driving initiatives with efficiencies and savings corporate wide. Proven ability to develop innovative approaches to problem solving and decision making. Ensured financial results were in compliance with GAAP, SEC, Sarbanes Oxley, Regulatory Agencies, as well as coordinated internal and external Audits. CORE COMPETENCIES
• Dashboard Reporting & Analysis
• Budget Planning & Forecast
• Project Oversight
• Relationship (client) Development
• Streamlining Processes/Creating Efficiencies
• Risk Mitigation
• Team Building & Staff Development
• Accounting Operations
• Cost Accounting /Allocations
• Inter-company/Intrabank Accounting &
BNY MELLON BANK – PITTSBURGH PA – 2008 to 2019
BNY Mellon is a Fortune 500 Global Investments Company Director – Financial Planning & Analysis Expense Allocation Manager – September 2014 to January 2019
• Developed allocation methodologies for BNY Mellon Operations ($3 billion expense base). These methodologies provided transparency for business, product and client profitability.
• Created dashboard metric invoice reporting for BNY Mellon Operations Allocations.
• Managed global finance staff for allocation process, as well as, reporting and analysis.
• Streamlined allocation processing and reporting, reducing inefficiencies and Finance staffing requirements. Moved allocation processing and reporting to lower cost sites (India). Reduced Finance costs.
• Ensured legal entities (60 different legal entities) and line of business function allocations (Operations had 45 different functions) were in compliance with both domestic and international regulatory agencies, including Third Party Governance requirements.
• Created and documented an inter-company allocation process to ensure regulatory compliance. Developed internal controls and reporting.
• Co-managed implementation of new expense allocation/reporting system across BNY Mellon. Financial Planning & Analysis Manager for Sector - March 2011 to September 2014
• Managed and coordinated the monthly forecasting and annual planning process for 5 lines of businesses within the sector.
• Created monthly expense dashboards for executive management. Including metric reporting to provide insight and transparency to their expense base ($7 billion expense base). Resulted in expense savings of $8 million.
• Rendered recommendations to management for expense control, business divestiture. Tracked, planned, forecasted and reported on approved recommendations.
• Developed accounting and reporting efficiencies, reduced staff across Finance (approximately $2 million in expense reduction). The reductions were global and utilized a centralized team in India. firstname.lastname@example.org Sandra Deaner - Resume Page 2
Financial Controller – Controller for Treasury Services Line of Business – June 2008 to March 2011
• Oversaw the month-end closing processing including preparation of Executive Reporting Package with analysis, journal entry review and approval, balance sheet reconcilement review and approvals and ad hoc financial analysis with strategic recommendations to support business objectives.
• Oversaw the monthly forecast and annual plan process and projections.
• Complied with Sarbarnes-Oxley guidelines and developed policies to maintain compliance with other regulatory statutes.
• Created and documented internal controls to reduce risk and deficiencies.
• Divested businesses and consolidated legal entities, reducing costs and staffing. Divested 2 business segments, reducing expense base $3 million.
RESOURCES GLOBAL PROFESSIONALS – PITTSBURGH, PA – September 2005 to June 2008 Resources Global Professionals is Business Management Consultant Firm
• Established strong working relationships with clients based on trust, professionalism and ability to adapt to changing situations. Played a key role in training clients to document business processes and identify internal controls for proper Sarbanes Oxley documentation.
• Re-engineered client’s month-end closing process creating efficiencies and improved internal controls.
• Enhanced the automated financial statements to better analyze financial results for the month-end closing process.
• As a result of completing assignments prior to deadlines, chosen to lead a client’s team in other Sarbanes Oxley documentation projects.
PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP, INC – PITTSBURGH, PA – June 1987 to September 2005 PNC Financial Services Group, INC, is a Fortune 500, financial services corporation offering retail banking and asset management services
Progressive Finance Career Roles - Senior Analyst to Line of Business Controller
• Monthly internal executive management reporting and analysis
• Project oversight, tracking and reporting
• Month-end financial closing and reporting
• Capital planning, forecasting, tracking and reporting EDUCATION
La Roche College Pittsburgh PA – Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with Minor in Accounting