linkedin.com/in/nathan-baker-c 801-***-**** email@example.com
Brigham Young University August 2019
Applied and Computational Mathematics Emphasis (ACME) A Mathematics centric study focusing on statistics and computer science Emphasis: Computer Science
Relevant Course Work
• Data Structures and Algorithms
• Dynamics, and Control Modeling
• Differential Equations
• Advanced Statistics and Probability
• Expectation Maximization
•Algorithm Theory and Optimization
• Kalman Filter
• Hidden Markov Models
• Deep Neural Networks
• Random Forests, XGB
• Python, Java, C++, Perl
• Gaussian Mixture Models
• Bayesian Statistics
• Control Theory
• Optimal Control
• Pyspark, SQL, Hive
• Facial recognition program in Python.
• Speech recognition program in Python using Forests, Neural Networks, and other classifiers.
• Boundary Value Problem solver in Python.
• Android app and server involving Google Maps, searching functionality, and filtering in Java.
• Sound filter using Fourier transforms, filtering, and convolution in Python.
• Image compressor using wavelets in Python.
• Word generator in Python using Markov Chains.
• ACM competitions.
Data Analyst Intern October 2018 – Current
• Find and resolve data issues and implement short and long-term preventative solutions.
• Build and improve on existing processes to ensure data quality.
• Build web crawlers to acquire new data.
Purchasing Analyst June 2017 – March 2018
Clegg Auto Sales
• Developed a program in Python to analyze data trends of car sales in auctions nationwide.
• Suggested new sales plan using program which increased sales by 12 percent.