KAREN L. OBERER
Mason, OH 45040
• Product Coordination • Promotions/POS • Vendor Negotiation
• Track Multiple Projects • Trade Show/Event Organizer • Contract Renewals
• New Product Launches • Time Management
• Adobe InDesign,
Illustrator & Photoshop
Festo, Mason, OH 2016 – Present
Leading provider of pneumatic and automation control solutions Office & Product Manager
• Project Manager for apprentice programs
• Work with all new apprentices on what is expected of them at Festo Didactic
• Point person for employers, Sinclair Community College and apprentices
• Create and design shirts, backpacks and manual for new apprentices
• Conduct monthly meetings with employers and Sinclair for apprenticeship program
• Plan and organize all departmental events
• Work with Trainers on manuals for training; text and images
• Point person for mailings, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments with customers/partners and training participants
• Prepare presentations for customer visits
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors
• Create and send quotations to customers/key accounts
• Manage office general & administrative budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
• Create email campaigns using Constant Contact
• Contact customers regarding new courses
• Create infographics and presentations
Ethicon, Cincinnati, OH February – October 2015
A leading manufacturer of medical devices
Marketing Claims & Collateral Administrator - Contract Employee
• Support Global Marketing Managers
• Assist with claim generation
• Train new users to Claim Central on a monthly basis
• Manage an internal claims approval database
• Coordinate with Creative Agencies the production of marketing collateral
• Manage approval of all marketing collateral
• Set meeting arrangements
• Manage internal evidence strategy team meetings
• Process presentation design by utilizing Power Point
• Draft meeting minutes and/or summaries
STOROPACK, Cincinnati, OH 2010 - 2015
A leading manufacturer of in the box packaging and void-fill packaging. Marketing Development Assistant
• Perform data analysis monthly on National Accounts and Buying Group Accounts
• Work with designers on all Marketing collateral
• Work with printers on quantity of printed material, timing for prints and pricing on material
• Supervise and coordinate all aspects of Trade Shows with internal and external parties from booking booth, meetings rooms, hotels rooms, shipping necessary material for show, scheduling meals, assist in setting up booth
• Write a recap of trade show on success and out come
• Organized local and off-site events
• Proof all documents for ether brochures, sales meetings, trade shows,
• Assist in the development of new product brochures or catalog’s
• Organize, maintain and reorder inventory of Marketing material
• Contribute in the development and design of new banners, brochures and flash drives for video presentation for trade shows and company events
• Assist in Customer Service on all National Account orders/questions
• Hold monthly recap meetings discussing how current month compares to the same time period to last year and comparing current YTD to the same time last year
• Gather and manage field activity data related to prospective accounts, implement new accounts and coordinate current national accounts.
• Manage and maintain contract pricing for all national contracts and communicate changes to all appropriate Storopack personnel and Customers
ONECOMMAND, Cincinnati, OH May – November 2009
Relationship Marketing Service company that offers services to auto distributors and Pharmaceutical Companies. Account Manager
• Assure customer satisfaction and retention through direct, day-to-day contact.
• Collaborated with the Pharmaceutical Customer in the creation on both voice and email campaigns.
• Created email campaigns using Exact Target applications as the tool to reach our customers.
• Analyzed and tracked monthly campaigns number for our Pharmaceutical Customer.
• Provide monthly campaigns number of to our Accounting department to bill correctly.
• Provide strategic, proactive consultative services to assigned customers within territory’s Book of Business.
• Regularly analyze and report on the overall health of assigned customers.
• Proactively communicate customer issues, manage assigned issues to resolution.
• Uploaded File Transfer Protocol calls daily for customers.
• Edited and managed all voice communications using Sound Forge prior to the voice message being sent to the customers.
PORTION PAC, A DIVISION OF THE H.J. HEINZ COMPANY, Mason, OH 2001 – 2007 The leading food manufacturer and distributor of portion-controlled packets. Associate Brand Manager 2003 – 2007
• Assisted in obtaining the company’s National Accounts goal of $500,000 in Net Sales Volume for the entire fiscal year by achieving 37.5% over the goal within the second quarter of the fiscal year
• Work with Cost Accountant to obtain the cost of an item and then add a margin to obtain a sell price.
• Manage job requests for pricing, art work, film, shipping and launch date in an Excel spreadsheet.
• Promoted to Associate Brand Manager within 2 years of being hired.
• Daily trafficking of all new projects through R&D, Finance, Logistics and/or Supply Chain departments
• Assisted in the development of all artwork for packaging with the art designers, customers and our Logistics team.
• Worked with Sales, customers, Logistics and R&D on developing names for new products, the preferred type of packaging to use and the design of the packaging.
• Assisted in setting up offsite meetings, training sessions and special events/trade shows.
• Began the launch of all new products for NAM’s by creating a Notice of Pac (NOP) for Quick Service Restaurant's
(QSR's) or Club Stores.
• Coordinated with R&D and Logistics to ensure all raw materials were ready for the customer’s launch and notified NAM when the plant was ready for the customer’s first order.
• Collaborated with our designers on all new art work on private labeled projects.
• Worked together with our advertising agency on Point of Sale (POS) material, binders for annual sales meetings, banners for trade shows and/or rebates for our customers.
• Designed a private label agreement for propriety film to hold the customer responsible for a minimum of 3 months of film supply and any finished product already on the floor, which protected the company from mid-stream project changes by the customer.
• Tracked product status on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually and analyzed the forecasts against the actual numbers and identified the root cause for any variance. Product Assistant 2001 – 2003
• Managed entire gallon/bulk line for the company, which involved pricing, tracking and informing Sales of new products.
• Assisted in trade shows by updating customers of company items.
• Contributed in all National Account meetings, which included preparing power points, presenting new ideas for Sales to present to their customers.
• Organized all Heinz Canada new products from pricing, to formulas being set up, art work and establishing a production date.
BROADWING COMMUNICATIONS (FORMALLY CBLD) 1999 – 2001 Telecommunications Company within the Cincinnati Tri-State area offering local and long distance. Product Manager 2000 – 2001
• Examined and verified discounts on all local telephone services from the Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier confirming concessions were legitimate.
• Research billing discrepancies and notify Customer Service of any credits be placed on the customer’s next bill.
• Reviewed tariff changes, informed Customer Service of changes directing them to add an insert into the customer’s next bill in order for the customer to be aware of the changes. Customer Support Specialist 1999 – 2000
• Maintained a base of 860 customers totaling $153,000 per month in revenue to new long-distance programs.
• Decreased attrition for 1999 from 1% to .52% by introducing customers to new programs or by retaining customers on existing programs.
• Received CSS STAR Performer award in June 1999 for outstanding customer support and follow through. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology with a concentration in Marketing; Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY
• Dean’s Scholarship
• Golden Key Honor Society
Associate degree in GRAPHIC DESIGN at the Art Institute of Ohio - Cincinnati
• Dean’s Scholarship
Dale Carnegie course High Impact Presentations
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Constant Contact Email
American Marketing Association