RICHARD E. PATCHET
email@example.com **** William Dehaes Drive, Apartment 2165
IBM, Coppell, Texas 2011 – present
Senior Information Developer
• Wrote external and internal technical documentation and two support Web sites for a cloud provider in an Agile development environment using Author-It, Microsoft Office, markdown, XML, Confluence, Jira, Git, Rally, FrameMaker, and RoboHelp and managed a team of up to six writers assisting me.
• Performed quality assurance for administrative tools and the cloud application programming interface.
• Assisted in compliance monitoring and auditing of applications, such as FedRAMP, PCI DSS, and Sec 503. Cinemark, El Paso, Texas 2009 – 2011
• Responsible for my theater: Finance: cash control, cash flow, inventory control, revenue, expenses, profitability, reporting; Operations: employee schedules, film schedules, customer service, film presentation; Personnel: employee management, hiring, counseling, firing; Maintenance: building, grounds, equipment, parking lot.
• Restored staffing to budgeted levels through training of department heads and achieved 90% on theater audit. GTCI, Richardson, Texas 2008 – 2008
Senior Information Developer / Instructor 2006 – 2007
• Created technical documentation with FrameMaker and taught courses for telecommunication and software companies.
• Maintained elements of a repository of XML-based information re-used in multiple documents. e2 Systems, Addison, Texas 2007 – 2007
• Defined a touch-screen ATM keypad meeting the security requirements for a PIN Entry Device of the Payment Card Industry.
• As Security and Compliance Officer, designed IT processes and procedures; implemented network security, certificate authority, firewall, and VPN to create a settlement network for financial kiosks that met PCI Data Security Standards.
• Sourced internationally and negotiated components for, product managed, and liaised with manufacturing of financial kiosks.
• Wrote and supervised writing documentation for financial kiosks and financial settlement network at this start-up company.
Allen ISD, Allen, Texas 2008 – 2009
Substitute Teacher 2004 – 2006
• Satisfied a passion teaching integrated physics and chemistry, algebra, AP chemistry, and environmental science long term.
• Taught elementary through secondary students in every academic subject as a substitute teacher. bTrade, Irving, Texas / A4 Networks, Allen, Texas 2001 – 2004 Senior Product Architect / Product Management
• At this start-up company, designed solutions to the two most difficult operational issues: the search algorithm, for which I received a patent, and the universal naming convention.
• Created the specification and defined the requirements for a business process management server that facilitated a service-oriented architecture for business-to-business and enterprise application integration and developed using Agile methods.
RICHARD E. PATCHET
• Using eXtensible Markup Language, XML Schema Definition, and XML Stylesheet Language Transformation, designed, wrote, and deployed the executable business components and implemented the product at the customer site.
• Developed a schema for three complete ISO- and UN-standard Electronic Data Interchange transaction sets.
• Defined the control and translation language and implemented several X12-to-XML and -proprietary translation processes.
• Analyzed customer and UCCnet process and data requirements; designed and wrote the executable business components for business processes and transformations for a Web-based application performing supplier item synchronization with UCCnet.
Nortel Networks, Richardson, Texas 1995 – 2001
Manager, Senior Manager, and Director of Product Management
• Developed the commercial specification and defined the requirements for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Mobile Internet Protocol for IPv4 and IPv6, Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) for the Open IP Environment product line. Prepared specifications for voice over IP (VoIP) including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), and Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP).
• Developed the commercial specification and defined the requirements to enable SS7 signaling with network access servers for telecommunication carriers for which I received a patent.
• Received, coordinated, submitted, and monitored the requirements for international markets for network access servers.
• Developed the commercial specification with OEM partner and introduced to manufacturing an ISDN router that connects the small office/home office to the corporate network and a variant that extended both corporate data access and digital telephone.
• Defined the requirements for a service and software product for secure electronic commerce using public key cryptography.
• Managed development of software components at three sites; defined and supervised implementation of the service offering.
Manager, Senior Manager, and Director of Marketing
• Managed the Competitive Analysis Lab; wrote competitive intelligence for data, voice, and convergence products.
• Developed and implemented Take Action Memos, Tips and Traps, and other competitive analysis collateral for enterprise products based on a survey of the sales force.
• Received an Enterprise Networks marketing Best Practices award for the new product launch of the network access server line.
• Created and deployed collateral, graphics, and content; prepared and delivered seminar and booth presentations; installed equipment, and manned the booth for many trade shows.
• Created and delivered many customer presentations in support of sales, developed and delivered sales force training, and developed marketing collateral for network access servers. Manager of Business Development
• Partnered with other companies to highlight wireless applications: location-based services, Web-based application design, Virtual Private Networking (VPN), intelligent filtering and compression technologies, SMS-based notification services, and fax over IP.
• Built a laboratory to showcase compelling wireless data applications; deployed many mobile computing devices by implementing Unix and Windows NT servers, routing, remote access, IPsec encryption, and tunneling, for infrastructure over wireless links.
RICHARD E. PATCHET
Ernst & Young, Dallas, Texas 1994 – 1995
• Developed tools to convert health care claim and eligibility data for electronic evaluation to assist consultants in engagements.
Hennepin Faculty Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota 1988 – 1994 Information Services Manager
• Developed and managed an Information Systems budget of $1.5 million for this $120M health care provider.
• IDX partnered to develop X12-standard electronic interchange modules for claims, reducing payment cycles by 14 to 30 days.
• Developed an automated transfer system with error review and correction for billing data transferred into our billing system, reducing entry delays by two to five days and manual review and corrections by over 80 hours per week.
• Defined requirements for purchase, implemented, and supported commercial applications, including a two-tier client-server human resources information system with payroll and a purchasing system, the latter reducing shrinkage by $10,000 per year.
• Developed a reporting system from an accrual accounting system to simulate grant accounting for a research foundation.
• Managed growth in centralized applications users: 115 to 230, personal computers users: 32 to 135, and sites: 3 to 7.
• Implemented two major upgrades of IDX application software suite of billing, scheduling, collection, chart tracking, and accounting, four major upgrades of data center computers, and two major upgrades of wide-area data communications.
• Implemented 130 node network across seven sites, three data centers, and comprised of PCs, servers, and IBM mainframes.
Unisys, Detroit, Michigan 1983 – 1988
• Collaborated with international users to identify local needs; write specifications for operations and procedural changes; and led teams of analysts to design, develop, document, test, and install internal customer service applications.
• Designed, wrote, and implemented for a maintenance agreement billing system, a method to dynamically compute price increases to compensate for inflation for South American subsidiaries; modified the system for the merger of subsidiaries worldwide.
• Participated in implementing a manufacturing resource planning (MRP II) system at a Unisys plant.
• Collaborated with international users to identify needs; write specifications; and design, develop, document, test, and install at three locations an online inquiry system into customer service data for marketing purposes. PATENTS
Patent 7,058,644 issued 6 June 2006: Parallel Tree Searches for Matching Multiple Hierarchical Data Structures Patent 6,084,956 issued 4 July 2000: SS7 Mediation for Data Network Call Setup and Services Interworking EDUCATION
Master of Business Administration, Management Information Systems, University of Minnesota Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of Minnesota SKILLS
Cloud computing, technical writing, software documentation, API documentation, Agile software development, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Office, Author-it, Git, HTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSLT, product management, marketing, sales, competitive analysis, international relations, business development, staff development, IT management, project management, communication, network management, education