OPERATIONS * MAINTENANCE * LOGISTICS
Former Operations Chief and Logistical Manager United States Marine Corps with 16+ years in the corporate world overseeing maintenance operations HR functions environmental health/safety logistical support business development and project management. Reputation for completing complex projects on schedule within budget and scope. Passionate in quickly assimilating project targets and maximizing complete business resources to exceed expectations.
Six Sigma * Project Supervision * Security Operations * Marine Operations * Scheduling * Labor Relations P&L * Negotiations * Administration * Budget * Cost Control * Cultural Diversity * Production Optimization Productivity Increase * Morale Boosting * Operations Right-Sizing * Continuous Process Improvements KPIs * Business Metrics * Financial Benchmarks * Equipment Reliability * Data Analysis * Diving Operations
Environmental Compliance * State/Federal Requirements
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY SERVICES CLEARFIELD UT 2008-2010
Maintenance Operations Manager
Leveraged 20+ years of operations oversight to maximize business resources and strategically plain daily activities. Worked with a wide range of personnel within the Maintenance Department taking into account projects to be done and timeline vs. budget to schedule union/non-union personnel. Administered all financial functions such as P&L cost cutting and budgeting. Utilized strong communication and client development skills to gain referrals repeat business and drive market share. Troubleshot operations quickly identifying areas of weakness and solving problems. Ensured state/federal compliance in occupational safety and workplace requirements.
* Supervised all operational aspects hands on achieving 95% equipment reliability.
* Created business mid/long term goals benchmarks and KPIs implementing continuous process improvement corporate-wide.
* Collaborated with clients to define need proactively resolve challenges and fulfill expectations under the Maintenance Reliability Contract.
* Earned the President s Award for Safety 2x via a team-centered approach to workplace optimization.
* Boosted equipment availability/client uptime at 2 separate locations.
DRUMMOND LTD. COLOMBIA SOUTH AMERICA 1998-2007
Marine Operation Superintendent
Prioritized and organized multi-million dollar marine resources to successfully load ~25 ships per month. Maintained complete responsibility for loading 22M-26M metric tons of coal off-shore. Delegated tasks to 26 Supervisors overseeing 260 union workers with equipment including 31 mooring systems 19 barges 7 D5 dozers 7 tugboats 6 front-end loaders 5 floating cranes and 4 separate crew/workboats.
* Ensured safety and environmental compliance (HAZMAT Spill Containment) rules were followed.
* Partnered with 3rd party vendors SGS stevedores ship s agents classification societies vessel masters owners and a diverse range of clientele in 100% fulfilment of expectations.
* Used military background to design launch and maintain an extremely effective security program for port and vessels.
* Won the President`s Safety Award for eliminating unsafe conditions upgrading productivity cutting costs and earning recognition as the most improved safety environment.
(Details furnished upon request.)
VIDEO CONNECTION OCEANSIDE CA
* Managed 3 separate retail video locations taking on all leadership roles including HR recruitment hiring mentoring of staff sales financial functions and business growth.
* Made certain workplace was fully in compliance to occupational safety guidelines labor laws as well as state/federal work requirements.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS GLOBAL
* Spearheaded strategic planning scheduling organizing training and deployment of 1K men including liaison support with the US Navy.
* Supervised 200K sq. ft. warehouse including inventory control procurement logistics and distribution
* of 100 vehicles and 1K separate weapons systems
* Earned the Navy Achievement Medal 2x a Navy Commendation and multiple personal/unit awards for performance of duties.
University of Montevallo
Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional
RCRA: What the Law Requires
DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation
OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper