LORI A. SERAFIN
Accomplished, results-driven legal professional in corporate and commercial real estate experience managing all aspects of a multi-billion dollar company’s real estate portfolio including lease negotiations, abstracting, drafting documents, memoranda, correspondence and ad-hoc reporting. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Highly successful in developing and building a collaborative team driven environment. Ascena Retail Group, Inc., Mahwah, NJ
Senior Real Estate Paralegal, October 2013 – June 2019
• Drafted all associated documents for renewals, terminations and expirations.
• Organized the execution of documents; maintained relevant files and follow up as necessary regarding outstanding documentation.
• Created, updated and maintained critical dates and deadline notifications.
• Assisted in creating, updating and maintained department processes, procedures and document templates.
• Summarized, outlined, edited, and compared legal documents.
• Abstracted all contracts, leases and other relevant documents into central database system.
• Prepared estoppel certificates and SNDA’s as requested.
• Supplied rents and extras for proformas and other lease actions including preparation of alerts. Tracked all rent reductions and worked closely with attorneys to handle issues as well as any conflicts that arose. Assisted finance in gathering relevant figures and information for quarterly briefings.
• Assisted in ad-hoc reporting.
• Liaise with other departments to provide guidance and clarity on lease language. JAG/Jones Apparel Group, Inc., White Plains, NY
Real Estate Paralegal, May 2006 – October 2013
Real Estate Coordinator, March 1997 – May 2006
• Worked directly with Executive Vice President on maintenance and structure of full real estate portfolio.
• Assisted with financial reporting, construction budgets, and various legal documents.
• Conducted thorough review of all documents prior to signature.
• Negotiated terms for storage and temporary locations of existing stores during remodels.
• Monitored profitable/unprofitable stores and analyze termination possibilities.
• Abstracted all leases and related documents.
• Maintained and tracked key dates including but not limited to kickouts, expirations and option notifications.
• Managed and troubleshooted issues related to construction, design and timing with developers, attorneys and construction staff.
• Reviewed invoices for accuracy and authorize proper charge payments. Morgan, Bagg & Persons, Eastchester, NY
Paralegal, September 1995 – March 1997
• Assisted senior partners with organizational systems for ongoing matters.
• Supported attorneys and handled all aspects of complex residential real estate, trust and estate planning matters.
• Prepared drafts of residential leases and sale documents. Directed all components of law office management. SKILLS
MS Office, Lucernex, Lease Probe, strong multitasker, Notary Public of the State of New York and New Jersey. EDUCATION
Mercy College, Bachelors of Business Administration, 2000 Mercy College, Paralegal Certificate – ABA Approved, 1994 Westchester Community College, Associates of Computer Information Systems, 1992