C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. *
Name: Ahmed M. Mayouf
Marital status: Married
Residence: London, UK
E-mail: email@example.com (work)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Ph.D., October 1993, University of Helsinki (Magna Cum Laude Approbatur), Helsinki, Finland.
Licentiate, January 1993 (Approval date), University of Helsinki (Cum Laude Approbatur), Helsinki, Finland.
B.Sc., June 1980, Al-Fateh University, Tripoli, Libya (Pass). RESEARCH FOCUS AND INTEREST
Reaction kinetics and reaction mechanisms of transient species.
Time resolved Laser flash photolysis.
Time of flight mass spectrometry and Laser pulse deposition.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
10/ 2018 Lecturer, Bell Educational Services Ltd, Cambridge, UK.
09/ 2017-01/ 2018 Lecturer, ISC, University of Kingston London, London, UK.
02/ 2013-01/ 2015 Lecturer, The University of Nottingham Ningbo, Ningbo, 315100, China.
01/2009-12/2012 Lecturer, Kaplan Higher Education, Kaplan International College London, London, UK.
2010-2012 Visiting Scientist, Libyan National Academy of Scientific Research, Tripoli- Libya.
09/2006-01/2009 Science Module Leader, Kaplan Higher Education, Sheffield International College, the University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK.
C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. 2
2005- 2006 Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Libya Higher Education Academy, Tripoli, Libya.
2000-2002 Researcher and lecturer, Department of Chemistry Kyunghee University, Seoul, South Korea.
1998- 2000 Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Chemistry, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, South Korea.
1996- 1998 Head of Spectroscopy Department, Laser Research Centre, Libyan Academy of Science, Tripoli, Libya.
1994- 1998 Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Alfateh University, Tripoli, Libya.
1993- 1994 Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Helsinki University, Helsinki, Finland.
1988- 1993 Postgraduate Student, Department of Chemistry, Helsinki University, Helsinki, Finland.
1987- 1988 Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Helsinki University, Helsinki, Finland.
1980- 1987 Head of Biophysics Department and Acting Director of Physics, Tajura Nuclear Research Centre, Tripoli, Libyan. RELEVANT ACTIVITIES
Determination of low hydrocarbon species from a partial oxidation reformer using diesel, biodiesel and synthetic diesel fuels. The analysis of the species were carried by GC-MS.
Determination of oxygenated hydrocarbon emissions generated by a V6 gasoline engines, chromatographic study (GC-MS and 2,4-DPH/ HPLC).
Kinetic energy distribution of boron ions ejected from solid target of born nitride by laser beam, the study involved the use of Nd-Yag laser to ablate the ions from the solid target, and studying the kinetic energy of the formed ions by using time of flight mass.
Photoreaction of 2 -X-benzanilides: Isolation and characterization of photoproducts, and laser flash time resolving study of formed transients. Solvent and substituents effect on the photoreaction of 2 -chloro-4-R-benzanilide.
The change of the molecular weight of PVC upon irradiation with laser beam, the solution of PVC were irradiated by Nd-Yag laser, and the molecular weight changes were studied using viscosity method.
The effect of counter ions on the spectroscopic behaviour of copper salt. Some copper salts form a diamer that effects the UV –visible absorption behaviour of the solution.
C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. 3
Decarbonylation rate of phenylacyl radical. The phenylacyl radicals were generated by photolysis of ketones using eximer laser, and the rate was measured in different solvent and different doses by using time resolving techniques.
Formation, termination, and Oxidation-reduction reaction rate of benzyl radical.
Nucleophilic reaction of benzyl-Cu transient in aqueous media and in binary solvents of acetonitrile and water.
Nucleophilic reaction and photosolvolysis of benzyl carbocation derivatives in binary solvents, HPLC study.
The effect of gamma- ray and neutron irradiation on amino acids and simple peptides in aqueous solutions (NMR and ESR study).
On series absorption and emission properties of isoxazolopyridinone and its derivatives: Enol-ketone tautomerization, Dimmer formation, and hydrogen tunneling.
U.V. Absorption and emission studies of some natural compounds: Harmine, harmaline, harmalol, and semi - carboline.
Effect of - ray on capacities and up-take of mixed zirconium-titanium phosphate ion exchangers.
ISC, Kingston University London, UK.
- Chemistry& Physics for foundation students.
Nottingham University Ningbo, China
- Conducted Lectures, Labs and Seminars for Chemistry
- Conducted Labs and Seminars for Physics
- Conducted Lectures and Seminars for Scientific Method
- Setting exams, marking, attended standardisation metting and invigilation.
- Conducted personal Tutorial
- Attended weekly meeting
Kaplan Higher Education, Kaplan International Colleges, UK.
- Chemistry& Advanced Maths for foundation students, and Statistics for PreMaster students.
- Conducted personal Tutorial
- Attended weekly meeting
Kaplan Higher Education, Sheffield International Colleges, UK.
- Module Convenor for Chemistry
C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. 4
- Conducted Lectures, Labs and Seminars for Chemistry
Kyunghee University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Advanced Topics in Physical Chemistry for postgraduate students,
Libya Higher Education Academy, Tripoli, Libya.
- Physical Chemistry, graduate students, Department of Chemistry,
Tripoli University, Tripoli, Libya.
- Physical Chemistry, undergraduate students,
3. PEER REVIEW
1995 Libyan Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences.
1995 Libyan Journal of Petroleum Research.
2000 Journal of Korean Chemical Society.
Korean Chemical Society (1998-2002).
Europian Photochemistry Association (1990-1994)
The Royal Society of Chemistry (1988-1990)
The American Chemiscal Society (1988-1990)
5. GENERAL ARTICLES AND TV-APPEARANCE
More than 60 articles in pubplic opion and politics (In arabic journals)
Guest in many arabic TV channels in political programs on Alghad TV, Barada TV, Araby TV, Libya Channel and Almustakilah TV.
C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. 5
1-Comprehansive chemistry (in Arabic language Will be published by Natioanl Agency for Scientific Research, Tripoli-Libya)
Volume (1): principles of General Chemistry
Volume (2): Principles of general physical chemistry 2-Chemical Kinetics and Reaction Mechanism (in Arabic language, in progress) CONFERENCE AND ARTICLES
1. A. M. Mayouf, Kinetic Energy distribution of born ions in laser ablation of Boron nitride- Time of Flight Mass Study. (Will be submitted). 2. A. M. Mayouf, Photochemistry of 2 -halobenzanilide: Substituent effect. (Will be submitted).
3. U.M. Elghaw, and A. Mayouf, Carbonyl emissions generated by a (SI/HCCI) engine from winter grade commercial gasoline. Fuel 116 (2014) 109–115. 4. U.M. Elghawi, A. Mayouf, A. Tsolakis, M.L. Wyszynski. Vapour-phase and particulate-bound PAHs profile generated by a (SI/HCCI) engine from a winter grade commercial gasoline fuel. Fuel 89 (2010) 2019–2025. 5. U. Elghawi, K. Theinnoi, S. Sitshebo, A. Tsolakis, M.L. Wyszynski, H.M. Xu, R.F. Cracknell, R.H. Clark, A. Mayouf. GC-MS determination of low hydrocarbon species (C1–C6) from a diesel partial oxidation reformer. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 33( 2008) 707- 7083.
6. A. M. Mayouf, Photochemistry of 2 -halobenzanilide: Reaction mechanism. J. Photochem. Photobiol.A. 172 (2005) 258.
7. J. Kim, A. M. Mayouf and J. H. Hwang, Time of flight mass of boron ions, 87th Annual meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 20-21, (2002). 8. M. Mayouf, Y.-T. Park, Photoreaction of 2 -chloro-4-R-benzanilide: Synthesis of 2-
(4-R-Phenyl)-1,3-benzoxazole. J. Photochem. Photobiol.A. 150 (2002) 115. 9. K. Kwang, A. M. Mayouf and Y.-T. Park, Photosubstitution reaction of Haloaromatics. 85th Annual meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 21-22, 2000, KookMin University, Seoul.
10. M. Mayouf, Y.-T. Park, Photoreaction of 2 -halobenzanilide: Synthesis of 2- Phenylbenzoxazole. J. Photoscience, vol 7, No. 1, PP. 183-186(2000). 11. A. M. Mayouf, Kinetics of the reactions of benzyl-copper complex with neucleophilic reagents J. Basic & Appl. Sci., No.8 (2000), 13.
12. A. M. Mayouf, The role of Nitrate ion in the Radiation Chemistry of aqueous solutions of Peptides J. Basic & Appl. Sci., No.8 (2000), 65. C.V. of Ahmed Mayouf, B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. 6
13. K. Kwang, A. M. Mayouf and Y.-T. Park, Photoreaction mechanisms of halo substituted heterocyclic cmpounds, 2nd Asian Photochemistry conference, 28-30 July 1999. Taejon, South Korea.
14. A. M. Mayouf and Y.-T. Park, Photocyclization of 2-X-Benzanilides (X=Cl, Br and I), 83th Annual meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 23-24, 1999, Kyung Hee University, Suwon- South Korea.
15. M. Mayouf, H. Lemmetyinen, Oxidation-reduction reaction of photoinduced benzyl radicals in water: para Substituent effect. J. Photochem. Photobiol.A. 73(1993) 205. 16. A. M. Mayouf, H. Lemmetyinen and J. Koskikalio, Self-termination rate of para- substituted benzyl radicals in aqueous solutions: a time resolved study, J. Photochem. Photobiol.A.70 (1993) 215.
17. A. M. Mayouf, H. Lemmetyinen, I. Schechowsky and, J. Koskikalio, Kinetics of formation, dissociation, and redox reactions of the benzyl radical-Cu (II) ion complex in a 10% acetonitrile-90% water mixture. Int. J. Chem.Kinet., 24(1992)579. 18. A. Mayouf and H. Lemmetyinen,The 3rd Nordic workshop on Photochemistry, Laser flash photolysis of dibenzyl ketones, Gothenburg- Sweden (August 1991). 19. A. M. Mayouf, H. Lemmetyinen and J. Koskikalio, Reaction rate constant of the disscciation of phenylacyl radical, XIIth IUPAC symposium on Photochemistry, Coventry- England (July 1990).
20. A. M. Mayouf, H. Lemmetyinen and, J. Koskikalio, Kinetics and dissociation of phenylacetyl radical in acetonitrile-water mixture, Acta Chem. Scan.,44(1990)336. 21. S. Shakshuki et al. The effect of gamma ray on the uptake and capacity of mixed zirconium-titanium phosphate, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. Articles, 12 (1988) 185. 22. A. M. Mayouf and V. I. Panian, 1H-NMR investigation of radiolysis products of gamma irradiated aqueous solution of amino acids and simple peptides, J. Nucleonika, 33(1988) 259.
23. G. A. Khalil and A. M. Mayouf, On the luminescence properties of harmine and same beta carboline compounds, Absorption and emission study, J. Can. Spec., 29(1984)104.
24. A. M. Mayouf and A. A. Elayeb, The selectivity on the reaction of solvated electrons produced by gamma ray irradiation of aqueous solution of amino acids, Proceeding in the Seminar on the use of research reactor in fundamental and applied science, Tripoli-Libya, (1984), p 349-354.
25. A. M. Mayouf and V. I. Panian, Investigation the effect of gamma ray and high energy nuetrons on adiolysis products of irradiated glycyl-glycine and glycyl- alanine, Proceeding in the Seminar on the use of research reactor in fundamental and applied science, Tripoli-Libya, (1984), p 355-359.