C-** Bhagwan Das Road, C-Scheme, Jaipur, India-302001
As an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Graduate, my areas of interest are circuit design and analysis, control theory, high level maths and statistics, machine learning, high voltage engineering and power systems. As an international student, I learnt how to adjust and adapt to new environments. I am a competitive student who is always willing to learn new things and work in a team. I am always ready to face challenges and meet the deadlines. I am always full of creative ideas and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills which I have acquired from my interest in sports and music. Education
2015 - 2019 University of Southampton - MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering Classification: Graduated with First-Class Honours I received the Southampton International Merit Scholarship (£3000 per year) Year 4 Modules: Advanced Machine Learning (75%), Power Generation: Technology and Impact on Society (73%), Cryptography (71%), Power Transmission and Distribution, High Voltage Insulation Systems 4th Year Group Design Project: Data Acquisition and Analysis for River Boat based Rural Solar Electrification Project – Resulted in a Conference Paper in PVSAT-15
Year 3 Modules: Digital Control System Design (77%), Wireless and Optical Communication (74%), Machine Learning (71%), Power Systems and Technology, Engineering Management and Law
3rd Year Individual Project: Modelling a Partial Discharge in 1D and Analysing its Physical Characteristics in Air based on Swarm Parameters and Air Pressure
(Using COMSOL Multiphysics, MATLAB and Linux operated computer cluster) – Achieved 76% and a potential journal publication in IOPscience Year 2 Modules: Mathematics (93%), Control and Communications (82%), Electrical Machines (80%), Electromagnetism, Circuits and Transmission, Digital Systems and Signal Processing, Power Electronics and Drives 2nd Year Projects
• Smart Meter Design Project: A group project to design a smart meter which could be used by a micro grid. The project involved designing a few circuits and a power supply circuit along with a control software in embedded C and display in C++ so that the meter could communicate with the provided test bed.
• Implementing an n-bit sequential multiplier on a MachXO2 CPLD where n>=4
• Finite Element Analysis of Electromagnetic Actuator, using Infolytica’s MagNet package
• Analysis of Coaxial Transmission Lines using CST Studio Suite and Multisim Year 1 Modules: Mathematics (96%), Electric Fields and Materials (75%), Electronic Circuits (70%), Programming in C and C++, Solid State Devices 2013 - 2015 Saint Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, Jaipur, India - CBSE Board, India CBSE Indian Curriculum in 12th Grade
Physics - 88%, Mathematics - 93%, English - 82%
Manufacturing Engineering Intern at National Engineering Industries (NEI) Limited, India (2018) – 3 weeks: This internship involved automation of the coolant valve system used in the manufacturing of tapered roller bearings.
Data Science Intern at Time Internet, India (2018) – 6 weeks: My job role was to design an algorithm for improving the efficiency of the mobile application called ‘CricPlay’ for a better user experience. Airbnb Rooms 2016 onwards: My father and I designed and constructed 3 Airbnb rooms in 2016 for the travellers coming to Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. During the summer holidays 2017, I worked as the manager for the establishment so that the guests could have the best stay which helped us get 5-star reviews. Private Guitar tuitions during summer holidays of 2015 and 2016: I have successfully taught the basics of playing guitar to more than 30 students in Jaipur, India. Skills
Software: MATLAB and Simulink, Multisim, CST Studio Suite, SolidWorks, COMSOL Multiphysics, Power World Simulator, ModelSim, System Verilog, Python, C++ and C Programming, Microsoft Word and Excel Logical Reasoning: Mathematics and Statistics, Analytical Reasoning, Applied Physics Languages: Fluent in English and Hindi
• I love playing cricket and am also a member of Southampton University Cricket Club.
• I have been singing and playing guitar since I was 9 years old. I have also worked as the Jam and Open Mic Manager for the Live Music Society in University of Southampton where I organised various musical jamming events and gigs.
Dr Xu Fang (Personal Tutor)
Professor Paul Lewin (3rd Year Supervisor)
Dr Stuart Boden (4th year Supervisor)